Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Shania Twain "Now" Era

Concert Stars
    ^"Swingin" is really the only song on the album that reminds me of the old Shania music. Everything else is pretty different, IMO.

Honestly, the only songs I'm not really feeling are "More Fun" and "You Can't Buy Love". Although I love the music on YCBL, it's just kind of flat to me. I'm totally loving "Home Now," "Light of my Life," "Who's Gonna Be Your Girl," "Let's Kiss and Make Up," and "We Got Something They Don't" along with the singles of course.

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    I didn't like You Can't Buy Love and wasn't too crazy over Soldier when the album was first released, but they've both grown on me, and I've also come to like Light of My Life a lot more after repeated listens.

I still can't do Poor Me or All in All. I do somewhat enjoy the bridge of Poor Me, but the Chainsmokers ripoff just throws it off from the very beginning, and I really don't like the lyrics about how he left her to "love her," she wishes he'd never "met her"... idk, I just feel like Shania could be more metaphorical or poetic or something instead of just throwing out how he left her "FOR HER." Same with Life's About to Get Good (which I just ADORE btw), I don't like the lyric about him being "with her." It just seems so specific and really bugs me for some reason, lol.

Two that are really sticking are Who's Gonna Be Your Girl and We Got Something They Don't. I really think these two would do well somewhere as singles, although I'm not sure where.

Concert Stars
    ^Who's Gonna Be Your Girl and We Got Something They Don't are my faves as well. I think WGBYG could be her best shot at a comeback on country radio. I could see WGSTD being an AC hit, as well as country.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Why wasn’t Shania mentioned in the CMA performers list? She was said to be performing. I hope she still attends.

SHANIA NOW ad from Billboard magazine (issue dated October 27)

Irish ad for NOW:

txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Shania Twain has just endorsed President Donald Trump in a Guardian interview.

UPDATE: She has apologized for her comment and said she wasn't endorsing The Donald.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    She was reported to have said that, if she'd been able to vote in the US election, she would have voted for him. The paper gave her reasoning in this quote
    "I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want (BS). I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?"

As an international artist. with a very diverse fan base, this judgment was bound to be controversial, and she has said she was caught off-guard, and her reply was "awkward". She has stressed that she has supported inclusivity.

I'm not a fan, but I do think it's a pity that focus on this part of the interview has tended to take away some attention from other points in the interview, which discuss the abuse she endured in childhood, and the strength of the emotion she still feels about the complex relationship of the four people involved in her divorce and subsequent remarriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    She was reported to have said that, if she'd been able to vote in the US election, she would have voted for him. The paper gave her reasoning in this quote
    "I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want (BS). I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?"

As an international artist. with a very diverse fan base, this judgment was bound to be controversial, and she has said she was caught off-guard, and her reply was "awkward". She has stressed that she has supported inclusivity.

I'm not a fan, but I do think it's a pity that focus on this part of the interview has tended to take away some attention from other points in the interview, which discuss the abuse she endured in childhood, and the strength of the emotion she still feels about the complex relationship of the four people involved in her divorce and subsequent remarriage.
    She should've expected the backlash, though. I mean, look at the backlash Kelly Clarkson received from supporting former congressman Dr Ron Paul.
    Farawayhills likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I’ve just got my tickets for Shania’s UK tour. Five rows back. I’m looking forward the album release on Friday. Welcome back Shania! ❤️
    I went to see Shania’s show last week (September 24). Great show, great energy. The crowd ❤️ her. So good to see her back up there performing after everything she’s been through. I’m glad I got to experience her show in person.

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123