Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Chris Stapleton - From a Room: Volume 1 Era

Chris Stapleton - From a Room: Volume 1 Era

Chris Stapleton Reveals New Album Track List - Rolling Stone

Chris Stapleton has announced the title and track list of his eagerly awaited new album. From A Room: Volume 1 will be released May 5th, with a second volume to follow later this year.

See Chris Stapleton Debut New 'Second One to Know' at ACM Awards
    Riff-heavy track is first official taste of his upcoming album, due May 5th

Recorded, like his double platinum debut Traveller, with producer Dave Cobb at RCA Studio A in Nashville, the record takes its name from the famous studio where Waylon Jennings, Elvis Presley and countless others have made their albums.

Stapleton debuted From A Room: Volume 1 last night during an intimate listening session in Studio A before departing for a concert tonight in Columbus, Georgia. The Grammy-winning vocalist will officially launch his All-American Road Show Tour in May, and has added additional dates to the trek.

The track list for Volume 1 draws from Stapleton's vast back catalog: prior to becoming a solo artist, he was a daily songwriter, collaborating with writers like Kendall Marvel, Craig Wiseman, Casey Beathard and Mike Henderson, his former bandmate in the bluegrass band the SteelDrivers. The album also includes Stapleton's version of "Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning," made famous by Willie Nelson in 1982.

Here's the track list for From A Studio: Volume 1:
    1. "Broken Halos" (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
    2. "Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning" (Gary P. Nunn and Donna Sioux Farar)
    3. "Second One to Know" (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
    4. "Up to No Good Livin'" (Chris Stapleton and Casey Beathard)
    5. "Either Way" (Chris Stapleton, Tim James and Kendall Marvel)
    6. "I Was Wrong" (Chris Stapleton and Craig Wiseman)
    7. "Without Your Love" (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
    8. "Them Stems" (Chris Stapleton, Jimmy Stewart and Shawn Camp)
    9. "Death Row" (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
    Farawayhills and twaintrain like this.

The album can now be pre-ordered on iTunes. The clips are also up.
    lolita55 and lizcarlo like this.

lizcarlo likes this.

^^ thanks

Claire2004 and Farawayhills like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Lee Ann Womack recorded Either Way on a previous album. Chris co-wrote it, so makes sense.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Links to earlier performances of some of the other songs:

Broken Halos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifIoFnqOSyc

I was wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7GV0MrsWo

Without Your Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePl4NMJ2OD0
    Claire2004, lizcarlo and teesharky like this.

The track "Broken Halos" is now available on iTunes.

Concert Stars
    I'll have to listen to those links after work. Excited about his new music! I'm going to see him in concert in June. I think he's the greatest male vocalist country music has ever seen. The only one who rivals him is Vince Gill, IMO. He has the ability to make me believe him and feel something every time he sings. That's a special quality very few possess.
    Kizmet311 and lizcarlo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I'll have to listen to those links after work. Excited about his new music! I'm going to see him in concert in June. I think he's the greatest male vocalist country music has ever seen. The only one who rivals him is Vince Gill, IMO. He has the ability to make me believe him and feel something every time he sings. That's a special quality very few possess.
    Have fun when you go to his concert. Yes he has natural emotion in his voice you can feel to your core. I'm so excited for his cd as well.
    teesharky and twaintrain like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Looking forward to his new music. He is performing two concerts in conjunction with Pikeville, KY's annual Hillbilly Days festival. I am from Pike County - wish I had chosen to go see him there, but I'm pretty sure those shows are sold out.
    lizcarlo likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

^^ Have fun. Chris is great performer.

CHART BATTLE BREWING?

Could a chart battle be brewing for early next month? Two 5/5 releases look poised to lock horns: The hotly anticipated follow-up from Mercury Nashville's Chris Stapleton and a new set from Def Jam's Logic.
    Word of mouth on both records is strong; the current projection on Stapleton is in the neighborhood of 250k, while Logic is in the vicinity of 200k but continues to rise. Given the extraordinary streams on Kendrick Lamar and other major hip-hop titles, the buzzing Logic (whose album features guests turns from Alessia Cara, Killer Mike, Khalid, Chuck D andNeil deGrasse Tyson, among others) could enjoy a big consumption boost. Could the rapper outperform even these rising expectations? Meanwhile, insiders say some big TV looks and other considerations could affect the outcome. Who will prevail? Stay tuned.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306111

Whoa! Good for Chris. Hope the album will indeed sell well.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That is a good opening for him, especially considering it's only 9 tracks (with a second album to be released later this year). I do think his hype has died down quite a bit, though, so 250k is an excellent opening week.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Updated thread title for album title. Bought it this morning, but I haven't made it through the whole thing yet. I LOVE Either Way, but I like Chris best when he's really showing off his vocals.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    It's a great album. My favorites are "Up to No Good Livin'" and "Them Stems". Just really good.

Congrats to Chris for "Chris Stapleton's 'From A Room: Vol. 1' debuts as the best-selling album of the week"

https://www.axs.com/chris-stapleton-...album-o-118592

Country rocker Chris Stapleton is following up the unexpected success of solo album Traveller, which reached mainstream after a CMA Awards performance with Justin Timberlake in 2015 with a new album. The anticipated From A Room: Vol. 1 hit stores on May 5 via Mercury Nashville Records and is beginning its trek as the best-selling album of the week as it debuts at No. 1 on Top Album Sales. The latest update is reflected on the May 16 chart refresh.

Early predictions for the record saw Stapleton just behind Logic's Everybody with a 200,000 unit range. Stapleton opens with 219,000 total units with 202,000 being in actual sales. Though the album is the best-selling of the week, it debuts at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart behind Logic's 247,000 units (196,000 in sales). From A Room also marks Stapleton's best sales week following that CMA Awards performance. Mostly having sales, Traveller went from moving around 6,000 units to having 153,000.

From A Room: Vol. 1 is just one of two sets to be released in 2017. The 9-track album is the first installment with the second to be released later in the year with an as yet unreleased date. The first set is led by single "Broken Halos" as a promo and has so far reached No. 13 on Hot Country Songs, a tally that combines sales, streaming and airplay data in the respective genre. The latest official single "Either Way" was originally recorded by Lee Ann Womack and has peaked at No. 26 on Country Airplay.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think it's the best-selling debut for a country album since Luke's "Kill the Lights" was released in August 2015. Congrats to Chris. I think he has established himself as a very talented artist and will continue to have success, although I don't think he will see the success of Traveler with this album. My husband said the songs seemed slower and more mellow. I felt the same. I felt like Traveler had some radio friendly songs and I'm not sure this one does.

Also, is this two-part album release going to be a trend now? I read an article about Kelsea's new album and I think she said it would most likely "not all come out at once". I really don't like this way of releasing music. I know that Chris's Volume I is only one or two songs shy of being a "full" album, but I guess labels are trying to think of new ways to release music with the crappy sales markets.
    lizcarlo and lolita55 like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I think it's the best-selling debut for a country album since Luke's "Kill the Lights" was released in August 2015. Congrats to Chris. I think he has established himself as a very talented artist and will continue to have success, although I don't think he will see the success of Traveler with this album. My husband said the songs seemed slower and more mellow. I felt the same. I felt like Traveler had some radio friendly songs and I'm not sure this one does.

Also, is this two-part album release going to be a trend now? I read an article about Kelsea's new album and I think she said it would most likely "not all come out at once". I really don't like this way of releasing music. I know that Chris's Volume I is only one or two songs shy of being a "full" album, but I guess labels are trying to think of new ways to release music with the crappy sales markets.
    I really think the new way to go, Is to release and album that has 6 to 8 songs on it every 18 months or so, that way not only can we have constant music from our favorite artists, but maybe it will be cheaper which will spur more people to buy music.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast