Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Chris Stapleton - From a Room: Volume 1 Era

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I think it's the best-selling debut for a country album since Luke's "Kill the Lights" was released in August 2015. Congrats to Chris. I think he has established himself as a very talented artist and will continue to have success, although I don't think he will see the success of Traveler with this album. My husband said the songs seemed slower and more mellow. I felt the same. I felt like Traveler had some radio friendly songs and I'm not sure this one does.

Also, is this two-part album release going to be a trend now? I read an article about Kelsea's new album and I think she said it would most likely "not all come out at once". I really don't like this way of releasing music. I know that Chris's Volume I is only one or two songs shy of being a "full" album, but I guess labels are trying to think of new ways to release music with the crappy sales markets.
    Yeah it seems like a lot of labels are coming up with new ways to share the music now in days, I know Sam Hunt and his crew are going the route of releasing multiple singles before releasing the album, so it seems everyone is trying new ways of sharing the music.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think the only way album sales are going to increase for anyone is if they withhold the music from the streaming services for a few months so that you have to buy it to hear it. I know that Adele and Taylor are anomalies when it comes to sales, but it sure as heck works for them. I don't think anyone else is going to see million selling debut weeks, but it would still help established artists not be hit so hard. A 200,000 sales week with the streaming climate is incredible. I cringe to think what Carrie's next album might sell the first week after seeing Brad's 25,000 debut week for Love & War. Granted, she still has oodles more star/selling power than Brad, but that doesn't mean she still won't see a huge drop from Storyteller's first week.
    lolita55 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I think the only way album sales are going to increase for anyone is if they withhold the music from the streaming services for a few months so that you have to buy it to hear it. I know that Adele and Taylor are anomalies when it comes to sales, but it sure as heck works for them. I don't think anyone else is going to see million selling debut weeks, but it would still help established artists not be hit so hard. A 200,000 sales week with the streaming climate is incredible. I cringe to think what Carrie's next album might sell the first week after seeing Brad's 25,000 debut week for Love & War. Granted, she still has oodles more star/selling power than Brad, but that doesn't mean she still won't see a huge drop from Storyteller's first week.
    I am OK with a low first sales week, but if her sales would just stay steady then it would be OK, it is still surprising that storyteller hasn't reached the 1 million in pure sakes mark.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12