Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift's 6th album era

New Carrie Fan

Taylor Swift's 6th album era

Rumors are saying Taylor Swift is working on her 6th album and it might be drop later this year.
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Can't say I am excited. But I am always interested to see what it will sound like. Since she always does such childish lead singles, I expect nothing less, but it will be interesting to see how long she can do the teen anthem route.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    I'm so exciteeed. I really cannot wait!!

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Can't say I am excited. But I am always interested to see what it will sound like. Since she always does such childish lead singles, I expect nothing less, but it will be interesting to see how long she can do the teen anthem route.
    I agree but I do like one song in her Pop Music roots.
    pklongbeach and lolita55 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am always curious to see what she does, so I look forward to hearing the new material. Here is an article with a rumor that she might go back to country. Hope she doesn't.

Where Is Taylor Swift? 'Busy Working' on New Album in Nashville, Source Says
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

I don't think she's going back to Country, but i don't think she's staying on pop either. In the end, no one will know till she says it.
    pklongbeach and lolita55 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoctawCountyAffair View Post
    I don't think she's going back to Country, but i don't think she's staying on pop either. In the end, no one will know till she says it.
    I hope she doesn't come back to country. When she left country I wasn't surprised because I have always thought that she used country music as an easy route to get into pop music. Although she is a better singer now, she didn't have a good voice and so there was no way she was going to get a pop recording contract when she first stated out.

Other than pop or country though there really is no other genre of music that she can do. She doesn't have the voice for anything else.
    Josh, pklongbeach and brenda218 like this.

New Carrie Fan
    I hope she doesn't turn to Country. I like her in Pop better.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    Read on google last week she did not know what was going on, but looking for a radio station to buy. Hope it is not country.

I am excited to see what she does. I think she will do another pop album. It may not be just like 1989. There is a lot you can do with pop. She could always have couple of piano ballads with her style of writing.

Concert Stars
    I like her pop stuff more than her country stuff if only because once she went straight up pop they masked her voice into the arrangements better so you did not have that harsh "whine and shreak" that she does..
    With her country stuff it was intentional to give her a more "authentic teen" sounding voice, which is what she has. But with the pop stuff they specifically gave it a broader over-produced sound so it does not stick out so much with other pop voices.

I liked her country song writing. I love Better Man. Its a great write. But her voice was so distracting to me. I could not take it.
    Josh likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I love Taylor when she is in singer-songwriter mode. Even though I know the Civil Wars helped write it, Safe & Sound is one of my all-time favorite Taylor songs. I also loved Last Kiss, which I think was on the Speak Now album, and some of the more mellow songs on Red. As a whole, I loved 1989, but I would say that Wildest Dreams, This Love, and Clean were among my favorites. I know she and Ed Sheeran are friends and I think that his style of music would fit her. I think she can find a way to do something different in pop music, but not go back to country. I hope the sound is more mature and really focuses on her singer-songwriter skills. No more songs like Bad Blood, Mean, or Better than Revenge that make her out to be the victim, since she clearly leads a charmed life. I also love her song with Zayn as well.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars

New Carrie Fan
    Really? I hope it is good.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I think the only that she would go back to country music is if she was getting tired of being overshadowed by Adele and Beyonce.

Taylor just hit 100M followers on Instagram exactly 1989 days after she posted her first picture.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoctawCountyAffair View Post
    Taylor just hit 100M followers on Instagram exactly 1989 days after she posted her first picture.
    How convenient.. Like that wasn't planned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Josh likes this.

Remember when Carrie reached 1million followers on Twitter the same week that Blown Away sold 1 million copies? That was planned too right?
    txacar likes this.

so excited. but I think it's gonna be awhile till we get some info

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I love Taylor when she is in singer-songwriter mode. Even though I know the Civil Wars helped write it, Safe & Sound is one of my all-time favorite Taylor songs. I also loved Last Kiss, which I think was on the Speak Now album, and some of the more mellow songs on Red. As a whole, I loved 1989, but I would say that Wildest Dreams, This Love, and Clean were among my favorites. I know she and Ed Sheeran are friends and I think that his style of music would fit her. I think she can find a way to do something different in pop music, but not go back to country. I hope the sound is more mature and really focuses on her singer-songwriter skills. No more songs like Bad Blood, Mean, or Better than Revenge that make her out to be the victim, since she clearly leads a charmed life. I also love her song with Zayn as well.
    Yes, agreed. S&S was the only real evidence I had seen up to that point that she had an adequate singing voice at all.
    And I do like the softer side of her voice. But she is no adele so she has to be able to shout out the anthems. And that is where I get turned off real quick.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast