Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree571Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift's 6th album era

Concert Stars
    I think the whole persona of Taylor "spilling it all for the eager public" just works really well. It ignites and excites so many people on so many sides that it just immediately garners that over-the -top attention. God forbid she write something that is not a celebrity-back-stab-song. Its says a lot about society that she has tapped into this pop celebrity tell-all scandal crap.

I have always said the thing I hate most about her music is the fact that it has to be wrapped in a Jake G bubble gum wrapper. Instead of standing on its own merit.

When I read stats like the ones above, that is not brava for great music. That is congratulations America for continuing your love affair with Gossip! And you know how Jesus feels about Gossip! .......and if you don't, you better read 2nd Thessalonians 3rd chaper if you never have......
    lolita55 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    What we listened to back in the day is a far cry from what is out there now...... I have always said, whatever her Gimmick is it works well....... Thankfully I don't pay attention to it and or follow what goes on in the POP world. I left that many many years ago.......

My biggest influence in music back in the day was Motown, it never got any better than that....... Imagine taking people out off the streets and teaching them the art of show business. Some of the greatest entertainers back then....
    Suellen, lolita55, Josh and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I think the whole persona of Taylor "spilling it all for the eager public" just works really well. It ignites and excites so many people on so many sides that it just immediately garners that over-the -top attention. God forbid she write something that is not a celebrity-back-stab-song. Its says a lot about society that she has tapped into this pop celebrity tell-all scandal crap.

I have always said the thing I hate most about her music is the fact that it has to be wrapped in a Jake G bubble gum wrapper. Instead of standing on its own merit.

When I read stats like the ones above, that is not brava for great music. That is congratulations America for continuing your love affair with Gossip! And you know how Jesus feels about Gossip! .......and if you don't, you better read 2nd Thessalonians 3rd chaper if you never have......
    No need to bring religion into this IMO.

I just heard the two new songs. WTH is this crap music? Other than the ending of the music video, I hated both songs. This whole project is giving me the b*tchy vibe too.
    lolita55, Carrieslegs84 and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    No need to bring religion into this IMO.
    As she is considered a role model by so many of her fans and in the midwest. I find irony in the embracing of the entire mean girl gossip trash concept. I won't mention the bible again with regard to Taylor Swift. You're right its probably not a good reference.
    lolita55 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Taylor is such a "great" role model for young girls. lmao NOT! lol She teaches them that they are always the victim, always right, and to blame everyone else but never look in the mirror. Maybe it's you! haha And if a man dumps you, destroy him by writing songs about him no matter what you did to contribute to the break up. Destroy every female that crosses your path too-- tear them down in the press, in songs, everywhere....and release a huge big budget million dollar video to bash everyone that ever tried to call you out for your BS-- true or not. And above all else, never never admit you are wrong. Great lessons to teach kids. (not)

Junior Carrie Follower
    I don't like the gossipy aspect of her music either, but it's already ingrained in the culture to gravitate toward that kinda thing. I have a love-hate relationship with her nowadays. Some days I really like her and how clever she is and how she relates to people, but others I can't stand her lol. I want to avoid her tbh, but she'll be everywhere these upcoming months.

Concert Stars
    I just know I would like it all a lot better if it did not have to have cheap celebrities attached to it.

LWYMMD is probably my favorite lead single from her maybe ever...... But thinking that its all about Kanye whom I can not stand, and Kim K who is nothing more than a celebrity princess, Its almost unlistenable to me......

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I just know I would like it all a lot better if it did not have to have cheap celebrities attached to it.

LWYMMD is probably my favorite lead single from her maybe ever...... But thinking that its all about Kanye whom I can not stand, and Kim K who is nothing more than a celebrity princess, Its almost unlistenable to me......
    I don't like them either, but she lied and they called her out on it and they had the proof, and instead of owning it she came out and said she never approved the ***** part, and never heard the whole thing and so on, and then she released look what you made me do. It makes her look like an entitled drama queen.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I don't like them either, but she lied and they called her out on it and they had the proof, and instead of owning it she came out and said she never approved the ***** part, and never heard the whole thing and so on, and then she released look what you made me do. It makes her look like an entitled drama queen.
    All of which is true, and exactly why i can't stand listening to a petty argument between the ultra rich celebrities to the beat of a song.........

I just looked through the LWYMMD lyrics.... other than the repetitive LWYMMD, what exactly did she do? LOL

Seriously... the lyrics are petty and atrocious. Old Taylor, the one who can write good relatable lyrics, is definitely dead.

Concert Stars
    It must have taken her weeks to film that video and millions of dollars in production costs. Imagine the months and months of obsession she must have done with her petty childish vendetta to get back at everyone e who ever called her out on her character flaws etc. lol Talk about one vindictive entitled woman. Reminds me of Mean Girls for sure. Katy was right. Lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I mean Better Man to this........ really.............
    lolita55, Carrieslegs84 and HuiZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I just looked through the LWYMMD lyrics.... other than the repetitive LWYMMD, what exactly did she do? LOL

Seriously... the lyrics are petty and atrocious. Old Taylor, the one who can write good relatable lyrics, is definitely dead.
    Lol exactly! I still don't know what do they make her do... LMAO
    lolita55 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Lol exactly! I still don't know what do they make her do... LMAO
    Brilliant! She has everyone focusing on her song, guessing what we made her do. One thing, she wore almost every outfit she has worn in her past videos, faced every character and, to my mind, told us at the end that it is the end of the old Katy stories, the old love stories (she buried the last one in the first scene), the old fueds. Not sure of anything except, as stated earlier, she's brilliant, and as if that weren't enough, she's one of the most gorgeous females on earth.

289 million views of the video. Unreal for such a bad song.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

^ maybe they make her play the victim again? Lol I don't know, its like the song is incomplete.

And agree " such a bad song" pop music is worst every year.

^"Incomplete" is a perfect description. I think she is telling us the vehicle (victim) that led her to stardom and millions of fans will no longer be the focus of the bulk of her music. (I can dream can't I???)
    simonplay, Carrieslegs84 and Josh like this.

^ I hope so! About time! But I don't see that happening TBH.
    txacar, Carrieslegs84 and lolita55 like this.

It's just amazing to me that she spent SO MUCH effort in planning, planting endless clues and filming the video...... yet the song sounds like it was written in 20 mins when she was half drunk.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    It's just amazing to me that she spent SO MUCH effort in planning, planting endless clues and filming the video...... yet the song sounds like it was written in 20 mins when she was half drunk.
    It sounds very much like one of those "in studio" writes where you get a beat submitted and start playing with it in the sequencer and just start riffing off it. With just a little time and a few clever lines you have a song...... Not the most creative or artistic way to create something special or unique. But that is how a lot of music is getting made today. Not really sure what some of Taylors favorite ways to write are these days. I know she used to do it on her own with just a guitar and a recorder. Not sure now.

I do like the way Carrie has "writing sessions" where writers will sit in a room all day and come up with ideas and map out songs. You can get great material that way....... you can also get formulated crud to. So its always interesting to see what comes out of them.

I really like the idea that Carrie continues to look outward for great material regardless of how it came into being. That way you get a wide arrangement of exceptional material. If all she ever used was the material she worked on in those sessions it might all start to sound too formatted.
    I feel that way about a lot of Mirandas material. That it all comes from the same process so there is a formula that is constant and is just not my favorite. that is why, to me, something like Mamas Broken heart and The House That Built Me stand out so much..... they came from a completely different place.
    lolita55 likes this.

•  
    Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast