Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

The singles have grown on me. I really enjoy listening to this album. Dress, New Years Day, Don't Blame Me , Getaway Car, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Call It What You Want, Delicate and King Of My Heart are my favorites.

Concert Stars
    Every time I try to name my favorite songs I end up naming every song on the album. There isn't a song I don't like.

But for a top 5:
    Don't Blame Me
    I Did Something Bad
    New Years Day
    Getaway Car
    This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Concert Stars
    Listening to Don't Blame Me again and I feel like Carrie could crush that song, a la the end of her Church Bells performance at the CMTs.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Let's be honest, Carrie could crush any song! The only song in reputation that i don't like is King Of My Heart, i like the verses but i hate the chorus

Taylor on British Vogue

She is writing a poem: Taylor Swift covers British Vogue January issue | EW.com

The first official magazine cover of Taylor Swift’s reputation era is here!

On Monday, British Vogue unveiled Swift on the cover of its January 2018 issue, the second under the leadership of new editor-in-chief Edward Enninful. Naturally, Swift is wearing red. “Thank you @edward_enninful and @mertala for your passion, spirit, and contagious laughter on set. Mert and Marcus took these photos for @britishvogue and my album photos for reputation, and it’s been such a bonding experience working together so closely and talking so much about what we wanted to make,” Swift wrote of the shoot on Instagram. “It’s been a while since I’ve done a magazine cover. I’m really happy my first one back was with such wonderful people. #newvogue”

Unlike traditional cover stories, this one does not include an interview but rather a poem by Swift, written exclusively for British Vogue. “Obviously she is a world-class lyricist – and has written a stunning poem just for Vogue on the timely subject of reinvention and moving on – but she also takes her duties as a role model very seriously,” Enninful said of the piece. “Taylor is acutely aware of her following and how she communicates with young women, and will never portray a character that would send the wrong message.”

Since its release, reputation has sat comfortably atop the Billboard charts after selling 1.216 million copies in its first week. Swift’s British Vogue cover, featuring a 12-page spread styled by Enninful himself, hits newsstands Friday, Dec. 8.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcUQBsBBEP8/

Here is the dress

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSiUHKh...iftstyledotcom

Here is the cover

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lizcarlo; 1 Week Ago at 03:21 PM.

If you want go watch Taylor in Jingle Ball it will be on channel 11 December 14 th at eight.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So, should I get tickets to see her in concert or not, lol. I'm afraid that to get halfway decent seats I would have to pay way more money than I am willing. I did the verified fan thing, although I didn't pre-order or buy the album, so my window is tonight from 8-9 PM. I don't know anyone that would go with me, though, or that my husband would want me to spend the money on tickets for Taylor! I would consider buying them and selling them at a markup, but I'm afraid if they catch the tickets on StubHub that they will cancel them. Plus, you may have to pick up the tickets at Will Call the day of the concert, which makes it hard to sell them.

I have been listening to the album non-stop since it hit streaming services. I am loving it, even more than 1989.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    ^With the Verified Fan program, I think the person that purchased the tickets would have to be at the door the night of the concert. And I don’t know if you’re even allowed to sell on StubHub. That’s the point of VF, to not have people buy and then sell them at a markup.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    ^With the Verified Fan program, I think the person that purchased the tickets would have to be at the door the night of the concert. And I don’t know if you’re even allowed to sell on StubHub. That’s the point of VF, to not have people buy and then sell them at a markup.
    Yes, I know, that is why I'm not going to risk it. I am a semi-fan of Taylor. I like most of her music ok, but I prefer her later albums like Red, 1989, and Reputation to her earlier work. I did the VF thing just in case I liked Reputation and wanted to go or just in case my step-daughter still likes Taylor and it would be a good Christmas present (she doesn't, so she won't go with me). Since I'm not an uber fan, the thought of selling the tickets at a premium and making some extra cash is a tempting thought, but there is certainly no point in even trying to do that since I'm sure they will cancel any tickets bought through VF if they come up on the secondary market. I have used StubHub to sell Luke Bryan Farm Tour tickets in the past and some Maren Morris tickets earlier this year, but both of those were pretty low cost tickets to begin with. I had initially planned to attend both myself, but then later decided I didn't feel like it and sold them. I am not someone who typically buys tickets just to resell them - other than those two instances, I have always attended the concerts I purchased or sold them at face value to a friend if something came up and I couldn't attend.

I do think the VF thing is wonderful and I hope that Carrie does something like it. Her Fan Club presales suck to be honest and I would work my tail off to be first in line for tickets to Carrie's concerts. With Taylor, I didn't even bother buying her album to get an extra boost since I was waiting on it to stream. Anyway, my friend that lives in Louisville did say she would go with me if I want to go as long as the tickets aren't too much. The main problem I see is that the $50 tickets are going to be in the nosebleeds and I'm sure it will cost at least $100 to have any view of the stage without a screen. I wasn't willing to pay $100 to see Taylor when she came to Lexington on the 1989 tour, so I'm pretty sure I won't be paying $100 for this one either. I will probably get online when I get my code tonight just to see what comes up and at what price, out of curiosity. I'm sure the tour would be a spectacle to see and I love her new album, but I like to be able to see the stage and I don't want to risk sitting in the rain for an outdoor concert either. I'm too old for that now, although I've done it in the past for others, lol.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Well, I got my ticket! I almost had a heartattack when I saw they start at $1,500!!! The section I wanted in was $450 before fees. I just couldn’t do that so I move a few sections over and my ticket totaled $215 after fees and insurance. That plus the crazy amount I had to pay for a hotel room is making for one expensive concert!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Congrats on you scoring tickets for her concert.
    twaintrain likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    The Trick to Holding On

Let go of the ones who hurt you
    Let go of the ones you outgrow
    Let go of the words they hurl your way
    as you’re walking out the door
    The only thing cut and dry
    In this hedge-maze life
    Is the fact that their words will cut
    but your tears will dry

They don’t tell you this when you are young
    You can’t hold on to everything
    Can’t show up for everyone
    You pick your poison
    Or your cure
    Phone numbers you know by heart
    And the ones you don’t answer any more

Hold on to the faint recognition in
    the eye of a stranger
    As it catches you in its lustrous net
    How quickly we become intertwined
    How wonderful it is to forget
    All the times your intuition failed you
    But it hasn’t killed you yet
    Hold on to childlike whims and moonlight
    swims and your blazing self-respect

And if you drive the roads of this town
    Ones you’ve gone down so many times before
    Flashback to all the times
    Life nearly ran you off the road
    But tonight your hand is steady
    Suddenly you’ll know
    The trick to holding on
    Was all that letting go

Taylor Swift
    lizcarlo likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    Well, I got my ticket! I almost had a heartattack when I saw they start at $1,500!!! The section I wanted in was $450 before fees. I just couldn’t do that so I move a few sections over and my ticket totaled $215 after fees and insurance. That plus the crazy amount I had to pay for a hotel room is making for one expensive concert!
    Congrats! I was thisclose to buying tickets, but decided I just wasn't willing to pay over $100 to sit in the upper level of a football stadium. I wonder if there were any tickets under $200 in the lower level side available yesterday or prior to my window. By the time I got my code, every decent seat in the lower level was at the $450 price.

I'll be honest, it hurt more than I expected to decide not to attend this tour, lol. I had a friend who lives in Louisville who was willing to pay the $100+ ticket price if I really wanted to go. I asked her if she really wanted to spend that much to see Taylor and she said no, but she would do it if I really wanted to go. I just couldn't ask her to do that. I told her I would save my concert favors for the next Carrie tour, lol. Honestly, though, we paid $150 a ticket for 7th row floor to Adele at Bridgestone Arena. It is insane that Taylor's tickets cost so much!

And yes, some of those $1500 tickets were available during my window! They were front row at the end of one of the catwalks. Plus, you could still get the $793 snake pit tickets (GA, standing room) during my window as well. I missed the 1989 tour due to ticket prices and I guess I'm going to miss the Reputation tour as well. The VF thing was amazing, though, and I love how they limited how many people could shop per hour per tour stop. Even though I was browsing seats for a while, it's not like the seats were disappearing. They kept it paced very slow so everyone had time to look around and pick the seat best for them. Every artist should consider doing this so their fans get access to the best seats. It's an awesome system, it's just that Taylor's tickets are really expensive for a stadium show where only certain sections will have a good view!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars

She is also on Time Magazine for a pretty important issue. Good for Taylor!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Congrats! I was thisclose to buying tickets, but decided I just wasn't willing to pay over $100 to sit in the upper level of a football stadium. I wonder if there were any tickets under $200 in the lower level side available yesterday or prior to my window. By the time I got my code, every decent seat in the lower level was at the $450 price.

I'll be honest, it hurt more than I expected to decide not to attend this tour, lol. I had a friend who lives in Louisville who was willing to pay the $100+ ticket price if I really wanted to go. I asked her if she really wanted to spend that much to see Taylor and she said no, but she would do it if I really wanted to go. I just couldn't ask her to do that. I told her I would save my concert favors for the next Carrie tour, lol. Honestly, though, we paid $150 a ticket for 7th row floor to Adele at Bridgestone Arena. It is insane that Taylor's tickets cost so much!

And yes, some of those $1500 tickets were available during my window! They were front row at the end of one of the catwalks. Plus, you could still get the $793 snake pit tickets (GA, standing room) during my window as well. I missed the 1989 tour due to ticket prices and I guess I'm going to miss the Reputation tour as well. The VF thing was amazing, though, and I love how they limited how many people could shop per hour per tour stop. Even though I was browsing seats for a while, it's not like the seats were disappearing. They kept it paced very slow so everyone had time to look around and pick the seat best for them. Every artist should consider doing this so their fans get access to the best seats. It's an awesome system, it's just that Taylor's tickets are really expensive for a stadium show where only certain sections will have a good view!
    I got lower level and it was $170-180 before fees. I think I’m maybe the 5th section over. The first one that wasn’t $450! Lol

I did really like her Verified Fan program. It was different than others I’ve used. You didn’t feel pressured to hurry up and maybe get seats you didn’t really want. Would love for Carrie to do this!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Finally have time to talk about the album
    ..Ready For It- Its not good or bad I already discussed I just think its a fine pop song, kinda cheesy for an opening track but not bad
    End Game- This one I actually didn't like at first but has really grown on me. I think Ed and Taylor really work well together and have great chemistry
    I Did Something Bad- another track I didn't like at first. The reason being the loudness. Once I got used to the volume I was able to pay attention to the lyrics and I think the first song with strong lyrics throughout, something that I felt was missing with the promo tracks.
    Don't Blame Me- This song is a clear favorite for me. The production, the catchiness of the lyrics. Great buildup. I hope they consider it for a single because I think its "different" but definitely radio friendly
    Delicate- this references reputation in the song. Its not bad I saw the video of Taylor of talking about this song. I think she built it up more than it was. Kinda forgetable.
    LWYMMD- If I ignore who this might be about it is a catchy song. Definitely one of Taylors weaker songs but I like it for what it is.
    And So it Goes- Intense and catchy. Nice transition from the previous track
    Gorgeous- a necessary lighter moment on the album. Its more of a throwback to the "older Taylor". I wish it better written but the second half of the song is very good.
    Getaway Car- another favorite of mine from. Sounds like a Bleachers song which makes sense because Jack is the producer of this track. A good story song from beginning to end. I'm not sure how it would do if it is released. The Bleachers have had some success but for whatever reason their sound hasn't worked for radio. I love this song though
    King of My Heart and Dancing with Our Hand Tied- Not bad and I like them as individual songs but it starts to run together a bit
    Dress- A good change of pace. This is another song that took me more than one listen to like. It starts slow and there isn't a buildup but it gets progressively more catchy as the song progresses
    This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things- For some reason Taylor has certain songs that are condenscending and very catchy at the same time (Better than Revenge). This is one of those tracks and I really do like it
    Call it What You Want- I found out what I don't like about this song. I don't like that she is trying to use pop language to write this song. I feel if she just approached this song like she has in the past it would be a lot better. Still a pleasant song and enjoy the song
    New Year's Day- A more unique concept and I appreciate the quite way she ends the album (the complete opposite of how it starts)

Overall I think the only song I can say I don't like is Ready For It. I'm not sure she will have a Blank Space or Shake it off level of success but that doesn't mean the songs are bad. I think End Game is the best shot at that success and maybe Don't Blame Me. I think some of the Shellback/Martin tracks kinda run together but overall I think its a solid album. Favorites for me are Don't Blame Me, Getaway Car, New Years Day, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and Dress.

Concert Stars
    ^You know, I didn’t think she could top 1989, but I think she may have.

I can see End Game, I Did Something Bad, Don’t Blame Me, and Getaway Car all being huge singles. There isn’t a song I don’t like. I’ve yet to skip one.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

•  
    Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast