Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Like Tree630Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

Concert Stars
    Latest from Blind Items (Answer: TayTay)
    Blind Item #7

Wonder why all the butt kissing tabloids gave such glowing reviews to that new album by the A+ list singer? If they wrote anything negative there would be no exclusive interviews or any access at all to her or her events. Sounds about par for her. There were even two publications that I know of that submitted their review to her people in advance to make sure it was acceptable.

Concert Stars
    Here's the other one:

Blind Item #4

With one tweet, this A+ list singer could put a stop to the homophobic slurs her fans are heaping on this openly gay foreign born A list singer. She won't though. She loves it and won't ever say a word to protect him or stop her fans. If her fans only knew the truth about her.

Concert Stars
    I wonder if her "Reputation" will ever catch up to her? I honestly have not liked her one bit since she took off for the bright lights from her modest "Country" start. To me they were her best music days. I can't tolerate this drivel now.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Here's the other one:

Blind Item #4

With one tweet, this A+ list singer could put a stop to the homophobic slurs her fans are heaping on this openly gay foreign born A list singer. She won't though. She loves it and won't ever say a word to protect him or stop her fans. If her fans only knew the truth about her.
    Are they talking about Sam Smith? That's a shame if her fans are insulting him.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Here's the other one:

Blind Item #4

I looked up the story. So he insults her and she's the bad person. I would like to know who she told about her loving her fans insulting other artists considering she is giving no interviews. No wonder she hates the media.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Are they talking about Sam Smith? That's a shame if her fans are insulting him.

Yes they are definitely talking about Sam Smith.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I looked up the story. So he insults her and she's the bad person. I would like to know who she told about her loving her fans insulting other artists considering she is giving no interviews. No wonder she hates the media.
    Not sure what or how you are reading this but the rumor mill has it that every male she has dated is for public perception only. Though it is public knowledge now that her friends must sign "contracts" it is not well known, nor has it (or likely ever will) become public knowledge that her preference is women.

I myself though happily married (to the opposite sex) have no problem with it. Just wish all people didn't feel like they had to hide that. I don't think it's healthy.

Concert Stars
    Ummmmmmmm, what just happened.....? Yikes.

Lets not make assumptions about things like that. Not fair to anyone. If you think Sam deserves respect than Tay does to, regardless of orientation. It matters not.....if her fans are being mean and or if she is "allowing it" orientation should not be a judgment in the argument.
    Momin likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Lip synced! and still the voice is just too weak for this kind of song. I like the chorus though I still like Wildest Dreams better. But the whole "trying to throw down-verses" don't feel remotely authentic to me.....the image is at 110% I just don't think she actually fits into the narrative very well...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Better quality

good song bad voice...... She takes herself wayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously.

Concert Stars
    Not sure what or how you are reading this but the rumor mill has it that every male she has dated is for public perception only. Though it is public knowledge now that her friends must sign "contracts" it is not well known, nor has it (or likely ever will) become public knowledge that her preference is women.

I myself though happily married (to the opposite sex) have no problem with it. Just wish all people didn't feel like they had to hide that. I don't think it's healthy.
    I'm talking about her not tweeting anything about Sam Smith. I saw that he insulted her and it looks like they are trying to make her look bad. I don't know anything about the other. I mean, except that those rumors swirl about every celebrity.

Concert Stars
    From what I read it appears her fans are really (I don't know what other word to use) bullying his fans over his preferences. I wish they'd just concentrate on being Tay's fans.

Concert Stars
    From what I read it appears her fans are really (I don't know what other word to use) bullying his fans over his preferences. I wish they'd just concentrate on being Tay's fans.
    Its not a preference. It is a design by birth. that is why it is discriminatory to judge or criticize someone for it. It is much worse to suggest that God disapproves of them. Since it is God, as Christians understand him to be omnipotent, who made them that way! Its not different than being born Blind. God made you that way. It is no ones right to discriminate against a blind person.
    Tay fans are way off base. Which does not surprise me at all as she uses all the same bully tactics as our president does in attacking people on a personal level. And it does not surprise me that she does not call her fans out for it. She may not love what they do but she adores having worhispping fans more than she has a conscience to denounce their behavior.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Its not a preference. It is a design by birth. that is why it is discriminatory to judge or criticize someone for it. It is much worse to suggest that God disapproves of them. Since it is God, as Christians understand him to be omnipotent, who made them that way! Its not different than being born Blind. God made you that way. It is no ones right to discriminate against a blind person.
    Tay fans are way off base. Which does not surprise me at all as she uses all the same bully tactics as our president does in attacking people on a personal level. And it does not surprise me that she does not call her fans out for it. She may not love what they do but she adores having worhispping fans more than she has a conscience to denounce their behavior.
    I have a gay sister. I promise I understand how God made her. I just don't think Tay's fans do.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Reputation will be Taylor's 4th consecutive album to debut with over 1M in first-week sales:

HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - A REPUTABLE TOP 20

I gotta say, I've never been a fan, vocals are just too important for me to ignore her, er, deficiencies on this aspect, but props to her for the consistency of her commercial success. I don't think we've ever seen an artist as consistent and as massively successful as Taylor. By now at this point in their career, other artists will already be on the down slope of their commercial success.

One of my favorite songs off of Reputation.

I enjoy Reputation.
    twaintrain likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    So far only listened to the album once. Its not usually the type of pop music I listen to but its not bad. I have to really ignore "who" the songs are about to enjoy it more though. Don't Blame Me I genuinely like and I think is the standout. More thoughts on it later.
    twaintrain likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    I think i prefer Reputation to 1989. I liked 1989 but reputation has so many songs that i like so much more. Don't Blame Me and Getaway Car need to be singles.

I really am blown away by how she and her team does it. FOURTH million seller in a row? Definitely a great example to study if you're in marketing!

Do I agree with her ways? Not really, but from marketing and business standpoint, she is brilliant. I actually haven't heard the album yet except for a few tracks that are available on youtube.

Heard End Game.... didn't like it at all. Typical pop song with repetitive hook, nothing special. New Year's Day live was extremely monotonous. I don't mind Ready For It, but I can't watch her perform it at all...... she looks so high-school awkward trying to look hot with those moves on SNL. I did see Delicate lyrics - I like that, but haven't heard the song yet.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

•  
    Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast