Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree630Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift - Reputation Era

Here are awesome Gifs from her video

Did Taylor perform at VMA??

There was a tumblr post that Taylor herself liked pointing out that there are 15 dead Taylor's in the video and 15 tracks on reputation.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I absolutely loved that video! Glad to see she still has her sense of humor and can make fun of herself. That ending was so funny.
    That right there is very disturbing, which could be as one pointed out mental health issue.......

Insane Carrie Fan
    As weird as I find the song. The video was very good, zombie Taylor was something that could haunt my dreams, but the ending was fantastic! I love that she made fun of herself from all her previous eras. Say what you will, but that ending was just great.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    That right there is very disturbing, which could be as one pointed out mental health issue.......
    Confused, self-deprecation means someone has mental health issues? If that's the case I ought to be checked into the psyche ward.

Concert Stars
    That video was amazing! Congrats to whoever made it. (still not happy with the money grabbing after being as rich as she already is.....) But that video was amazing. I love that she still uses videos as such a big part of her projects. I wish we got more like the ones from the Blown Away era. All I can think of is "Heartbeat" and its like.....augh........
    Claire2004 and sosmallgirl like this.

Concert Stars
    I kind of like the song, but with the release of this as a single, I think the Country community can at last lay to rest the notion that she is one of theirs.

Concert Stars
    Sadly they won't, but she herself takes a jab at the fake nature of the way she "presented herself" as a country artist with a fake accent and oversized guitar. ridiculous.......

Concert Stars
    on a no-news day she and the VMA's would be all the news would be talking about. you can't plan for hurricanes.........
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Can someone please make me a gif of the Red Tour Taylor pretending to vomit? Lol that was funny.

Insane Carrie Fan
    The motorcycle part gave me "Something Bad" vibes. Anyone else think the same?
    lizcarlo and Josh like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoctawCountyAffair View Post
    You can hate the video, that's fine, everyone has their own opinion, but calling her a slut? How old are you? 12? Carrie loves wearing super short dresses and shorts, so i guess she is a slut too?
    I didn't know you would take such umbrage to my criticism of Taylor's video & if I would've known,I might've been able to phrase it differently.Can't anyone take a little criticism on this board without getting so offended over one opinion?By the way,I'm 33 & my opinion on the video still stands as it is.I'm not going to change it because you got so offended over it!!I don't mind the way Carrie dresses because she does it with class & respect & if I had her body & those legs,I would be showing them off every chance that I got!!Carrie is far from being a slut & for you to even think that I would call her a slut for wearing super short dresses & shorts is just plain ridiculous!!Why would you even say that to me?I'm sorry that you took such offense to what I said about Taylor,but that is no reason to jump all over me about something so trivial!!Life is too short to worry about this so we just need to move on & be done with this subject!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Did Taylor perform at VMA??
    No she didn't perform.

The show was practically unwatchable. The only reason I watched was for Taylor's video and Ed Sheeran. I could go off on my soapbox about the immorality of the VMAs but I won't. I'll just say what I always say, thank God Carrie doesn't lower herself to going to them. Hopefully she never does.
    lizcarlo and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think we're probably done with this part of the conversation anyway, but regardless, whatever anyone thinks of Taylor, can we please not say a woman looks like a slut because of how she dresses? I think it's best that that term doesn't find it's way onto this site at all.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    The motorcycle part gave me "Something Bad" vibes. Anyone else think the same?
    I think the same thing as well. Good to see I'm not the only one.
    adam1995 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I think the same thing as well. Good to see I'm not the only one.
    It seems almost like an homage to it, not as a diss (which there were plenty in the video). The whole set up there seemed familiar, lol.
    lizcarlo and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    No she didn't perform.

The show was practically unwatchable. The only reason I watched was for Taylor's video and Ed Sheeran. I could go off on my soapbox about the immorality of the VMAs but I won't. I'll just say what I always say, thank God Carrie doesn't lower herself to going to them. Hopefully she never does.
    P!nk's Vanguard speech was incredible.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Love this last paragraph from a review:

And, as much as she is clearly enjoying stepping into the role of the bad girl, this turn is still premised on victimhood. After all, the song isn’t called “Look What I Did.” “I don’t like yourlittle games / Don’t like your tilted stage / The role you made me play,” she sings. “All I think about is karma.” As for the exact form that Swift’s retribution will take, we’re still left wondering.

Taylor Swift?s New Song, ?Look What You Made Me Do? | The New Yorker
    As I tried to say in a previous post, I never heard about the Kardashian spat, and, frankly, it doesn't interest me. For me, the song has to be approached as a song (without a back story).
    On that basis, aspects of it are intriguing. While I agree that "What you made me do" can be interpreted as someone else calling the tune, and her reacting to that, rather than a more assertive "what I did"- but it's not the only possibility.
    Another interpretation could be the narrator accusing herself. The new Taylor could be accusing the old Taylor of making her destroy the person she was, in order to take on a new life. In that case the "karma" would be her metaphorically killing the old personality/image, in order to rise anew from the ashes. . I think the second video can be used to support that interpretation, both in the opening graveyard sequence, and in the appearance of several different versions of the narrator in the ending sequence, who talk to, and glance at, each other, in various expressions of hostility or annoyance.
    Carrieslegs84 and Kizmet311 like this.

No she didn't perform.

Okay thanks.

Only people cared about was Taylor and Pink. Figured I could catch that later on YouTube. That particular channel had blackout during VMAS. I only get so much internet. It wasn't worth using internet to stream. lol
    Carrieslegs84 and twaintrain like this.

•  
    Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast