Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Tim & Faith

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Tim & Faith

their new song is out

Not bad, a little draggy.Pretty in line with their previous duets.Has a 90s sound to it, not much country in there but what on radio does anymore. But radio will probably eat it up as its TIM & FAITH!lol
    Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars

Tim & Faith

I sure do love Faith's voice. This song is not incredible. I bet it'll grow on me. It does have a bit of a 90's feel and I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concert Stars
    I heard it this morning. I like it okay, but you are probably right, because it is Tim & Faith, it will be big. I also do like it because it is not about beer, trucks or anything that the bro country guys sing about. It is also a "grown up" song in that it has a message. We will see how it does, will be an interesting run.

Concert Stars
    I like the sound of Faiths voice a lot also.
    Its interesting that she was really going strong and one of the defining female voices of the format when "what!" happened. And suddenly she could not get a hit single to save her life. Its likely just coincidence but it was sure jarring.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Its interesting that she was really going strong and one of the defining female voices of the format when "what!" happened. And suddenly she could not get a hit single to save her life. Its likely just coincidence but it was sure jarring.
    I think it's just a coincidence, because Carrie was just becoming a huge star at that time, as well as Taylor and to a lesser extent Miranda was becoming more well-known. I think those three moving up in the ranks just left no room for the Faiths, Martinas, Trishas, and others.
    pklongbeach likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I listened this morning also and say it is okay. I do also like Faith's vocals on it....... Give me a Faith ballad any day back in the hey day, was never crazy about most of her upbeat songs though..

can't wait for the album! nice song
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    It's ok, I do love her ballads though! I've always loved her voice.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Faith Hill had already lost much of her support as a defining voice of the format before that "what" incident. I think the reason was disappointment over her movement into the Pop sphere. This can be compared to the reaction to Shania Twain's and Lee Ann Rimes' off-format ventures - it's been particularly seen as an issue in the case of women, and particularly in that era. It may be significant that Faith won something like 15 awards at the ACM, but only 3 at the generally more traditionally minded CMA. But in any case, I think her last competitively voted award at either show was in 2000.

Faith made a sincere effort to renew her commitment to the Country sector with "Fireflies" - for example, putting on a TV show with all the songwriters appearing as guests. I give her full credit for that - and I think she is viewed today with affection and respect - but probably mainly more as "legend" than as a current format leader.

Although I don't mainly listen much in the general direction of Tim and Faith's music, I admire them as individuals and as artists. I particularly like their approach to the "Soul to Soul" Tour. They have a record of taking the opportunity to give spots and exposure to a wide variety of other acts. This year women are strongly represented on the tour - with among others, Caitlyn Smith, Lori McKenna, Rhiannon Giddens, Maggie Rose, Natalie Hemby, Margo Price, and Brandy Clark appearing on various dates. On the male side, too, their many guests include some more associated with the Roots sector, including Brent Cobb and Charlie Worsham. Several of these acts struggle to find radio support, and introducing them to a wider general audience is something the genre can only benefit from.

Concert Stars
    I am a big fan of Tim and Faith but the song is going to have to grow on me. I am going to see them in August! Never have seen either live so I'm excited.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I heard the new faith and tim duet "speak to a girl" and I am NOT impressed. I expected way more, but it was awkward to listen to. I like the meaning behind it though, but wow.. what is this genre becoming?

sorry for being too negative!
    Last edited by Josh; 04-10-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I heard the new faith and tim duet "speak to a girl" and I am NOT impressed. I expected way more, but it was awkward to listen to. I like the meaning behind it though, but wow.. what is this genre becoming?

sorry for being too negative!
    I love the meaning behind it as well, it's just not a good song. As far as what is this genre becoming I don't know. You used to be able to have your traditionalists, your more southern country rock, you pop country, and the contemporary artist, but now it is just dominated by bro country and crap music.

Concert Stars
    The first time I heard it I didn't care for but after a few more listens I really like it.

Hil
    Love Tim and Faith, especially Faith's voice. Hate the song. Nice sentiment, though.
    rainbow1 likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Is their album release yet? If am much more curious.

Concert Stars
    Ive been to two of their concerts and thought they put on a great show but will be the first one to admit that it's honestly Faith I go to see and hear.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrionT View Post
    Is their album release yet? If am much more curious.
    Not sure of the release date, but the joint album is not out yet.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

New Carrie Fan
    Played this attached song for a while. Nice one. Enjoyed!

new songs. <3

no news about a release date for the album yet?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast