Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Brandi Carlile - multi artist tribute charity album

Brandi Carlile's second album (and her breakthrough as a leading force in Alt Country) was The Story, produced by T-Bone Burnett and issued in 2007

To mark the 10 year anniversary, she will issue a multi-artist album of covers of the original songs. The covers will be performed by artists Brandi calls her "heroes and friends", including some leading names and rising stars of the Roots Country scene, as well as some major figures in general entertainment such as Dolly Parton, Adele, and Pearl Jam.

The album, called "Cover Stories" will be issued in May. All proceeds will go to War Child UK, a charity that helps children caught up in zones of conflict in the world.

President Obama (who earlier invited Brandi to the White House during his second term) has written a foreword to the album.

This is the track list (which mirrors that on the original album), with the artists who sing the new versions. All the songs were written by either Brandi, or the Hanseroth Twins (Phil and Tim), the guitarists and vocalists who've accompanied her since the beginning)

1. Shovels & Rope – "Late Morning Lullaby"
    2. Dolly Parton – "The Story"
    3. Kris Kristofferson – "Turpentine" *
    4. Old Crow Medicine Show – "My Song"
    5. Jim James – "Wasted"
    6. The Avett Brothers – "Have You Ever"
    7. Anderson East – "Josephine" **
    8. Secret Sisters – "Losing Heart"
    9. Indigo Girls – "Cannonball" ***
    10. TORRES – "Until I Die"
    11. Margo Price – "Downpour"
    12. Ruby Amanfu – "Shadow On The Wall"
    13. Pearl Jam – "Again Today"
    14. Adele – "Hiding My Heart"

Notes:
    * Chris Stapleton plays guitar on this track
    ** Miranda Lambert sings backing vocals to her boyfriend on this track. She and Brandi are also friends, and Brandi performed at Miranda's ill-fated wedding a few years ago
    *** The Indigo Girls (Amy Ray & Emily Saliers) are among Brandi's earliest supporters, and sung backing vocals on this same track on the original album

Brandi has posted this message about the album :

https://www.coverstoriesalbum.com/message-from-brandi
    Last edited by Farawayhills; 02-21-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I know next to nothing about Brandi Carlile, but one of my best friends just got back from Mexico where she attended a 4 day music festival at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. The Avett Brothers headlined 3 of the 4 nights, but Brandi opened at least one night (maybe more, I forget how the festival works). Anyway, my friend talked about how great Brandi sounded and that she just kept extending her set, because the crowd was wonderful (only about 2600 people I think).
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•