Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically Era

High School is out! good song!
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Why, though, would they randomly "promote" the song "Unapologetically" on Ellen and they haven't even done much to support her lead single? Especially since "High School" sounds so much like an old swift song and is getting more attention because of that. I think the label needs to do more for her if they want this album to go anywhere, but I'm not really sure what the plan is at the moment.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm sure this is not true, but Kelsea is still with Black River, correct? I know the label has a ton of money and it would seem counter-intuitive to not push your investment in an artist, but wasn't she dating the son of the president/CEO or something when she released The First Time? Obviously they broke up and she is now engaged and about to marry Morgan (I think that's his name). They just seemed to throw so much promotion into her debut and pushed every single song up the charts, but yet they are letting her lead single for the sophomore album just flounder? Do you think her personal life could have affected the level of promotion at all? Probably not, but just wondering.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 10-24-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Do you think her personal life could have affected the level of promotion at all? Probably not, but just wondering.
    If that is the only reason why she got the amount of promotion that she did, then it would make sense why they are not doing it this time around.

I hope for her that's it's not true because if it is, then it would call into question her whole career to this point.
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    If memory serves me, all of the singles off her first album were on the charts forever before they miraculously ended up at #1. Each #1 bought and paid for by her label. Her lead single off this upcoming album has been on the charts for 164 days and it sits at #25. Hmmm, I wonder if the plan is to PUSH to #1 in the next week so it will be at the top spot when the album drops next Friday???????????????????????? Guess that would show how deep the label's pockets are!!!!!!
    Kizmet311, lolita55, Gator and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    If memory serves me, all of the singles off her first album were on the charts forever before they miraculously ended up at #1. Each #1 bought and paid for by her label. Her lead single off this upcoming album has been on the charts for 164 days and it sits at #25. Hmmm, I wonder if the plan is to PUSH to #1 in the next week so it will be at the top spot when the album drops next Friday???????????????????????? Guess that would show how deep the label's pockets are!!!!!!
    Bobby Bones has done his part to push Kelsea's songs to #1. He told her he would give her first song 7 spins for every Nashville star who called and requested. Needless to say, she has tons of friends there. Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum and many more called in and requested. They all talked and laughed about it and thought it was great. I thought it was cheating. (I'm not a fan of most of KB's music but I love "Miss Me More." I think that one (if a single) will go to number one without Bobby's help.)
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Bobby Bones has done his part to push Kelsea's songs to #1. He told her he would give her first song 7 spins for every Nashville star who called and requested. Needless to say, she has tons of friends there. Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum and many more called in and requested. They all talked and laughed about it and thought it was great. I thought it was cheating. (I'm not a fan of most of KB's music but I love "Miss Me More." I think that one (if a single) will go to number one without Bobby's help.)
    Is this happening now or her first song from her first album? If he's helping so much how come her songs take so long to get anywhere??? Guess I'm really thankful that his show doesn't broadcast on my local country stations!!

rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Is this happening now or her first song from her first album? If he's helping so much how come her songs take so long to get anywhere??? Guess I'm really thankful that his show doesn't broadcast on my local country stations!!

He helped her with the first couple of singles, then I suppose payola tool over. Sure made a star out of her overnight. Really sad that songs can't reach their peak based on requests/popularity. Some of the best music never sees the light of day.

P.S. He's her label mate so probably slips in a few spins for her occasionally.
    rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Has anyone else listened to the new album today? I'm on my second go through at the moment. I do think that the music is more mature overall than some of the songs on her debut - like Dibs and Yeah Boy. I'm not sure it shows a ton of growth overall, though. It definitely has its pop influences and after my first listen I thought it reminded me quite a bit of Taylor's Fearless and Speak Now eras. I think my favorite song after the first listen was Music. I'm not blown away by the album by any means, but it is pleasant music.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Has anyone else listened to the new album today? I'm on my second go through at the moment. I do think that the music is more mature overall than some of the songs on her debut - like Dibs and Yeah Boy. I'm not sure it shows a ton of growth overall, though. It definitely has its pop influences and after my first listen I thought it reminded me quite a bit of Taylor's Fearless and Speak Now eras. I think my favorite song after the first listen was Music. I'm not blown away by the album by any means, but it is pleasant music.
    I really like the album!!! I was a little nervous based on snippets, but I really enjoyed every song. My favorites are Graveyard, Get Over Yourself, Roses, I Hate Love Songs, and Unapologetically. I Hate Love Songs REALLY cracked me up, lol. "We were drunk when we met so we don't know our anniversary." Favorite lyric EVER! Haha. I feel like Get Over Yourself and Roses could be big hits at country radio.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUDomination View Post
    I really like the album!!! I was a little nervous based on snippets, but I really enjoyed every song. My favorites are Graveyard, Get Over Yourself, Roses, I Hate Love Songs, and Unapologetically. I Hate Love Songs REALLY cracked me up, lol. "We were drunk when we met so we don't know our anniversary." Favorite lyric EVER! Haha. I feel like Get Over Yourself and Roses could be big hits at country radio.
    Actually, I have to say that I like it more the more I listen to it. I think part of my problem before was that I was listening at work so I couldn't pay attention and I was listening through crappy computer speakers. After listening to it a couple more times in my car, I like it better. I Hate Love Songs and Music are by far my favorites on the album. I can still feel some of the TS influence on certain songs like Legends and End of the World, but I think she also has some influences that are kind of on trend right now - Miss Me More reminds me of Lady A's Bartender and I feel like I can hear some of the same styles that Thomas Rhett has been using. Another song that I love is In Between.

The First Time had a couple of real gems on it, but I think that as an overall album, I may like Unapologetically better.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Early estimates:

Sam Smith (Capitol) 195-205k SPS, 165-175k album
    Maroon 5 (222/Interscope) 95-115k, 80-85k
    Kelsea Ballerini (Black River) 33-38k, 29-32k
    Grace VanderWaal (Columbia) 21-26

HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - YOUR THRILLING NEW RELEASES
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, I guess that means she is projected to sell more than Blake? It said projections for him coming early next week.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Get Over Yourself is becoming my JAM. I've listened to it more than any other song so far, along with Roses, which I also adore.

Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically Era

I love Machine Heart. It was like absuckerbpunch to my heart, it hit so hard. I can relate to that so well, and it made me cry!
    In Between was fantastic, I adore Roses and I Hate Love Songs, I just love this entire album.

Come April, I will be flying to Seattle to meet her and see the show! 😊 I'm kind of excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Well, I guess that means she is projected to sell more than Blake? It said projections for him coming early next week.
    Updated projections:

Sam Smith (Capitol) 210-215k SPS, 170-175k album
    Maroon 5 (222/Interscope) 105-110k, 90-95k
    Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Nashville) 51-56k, 48-52k
    Kid Rock (BMG) 38-42k, 37-40k
    Kelsea Ballerini (Black River) 38-42k, 32-35k
    Now 64 (NOW) 22-26k
    Grace VanderWaal (Columbia) 22-24k, 18-21k

HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - YOUR THRILLING NEW RELEASES (UPDATE)

Did Blake promote his new album? Seems like there wasn't much buzz about it. This figure is a huge drop from his last album.
    rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    BS appeared and performed last week on the Today show -- Hoda dressed up like him for Halloween. I didn't pay total attention but I'm sure when he was on during the KLG & Hoda hour that he talked about his new album. And like I say, he was a surprise mini concert during the second hour of the Today show.

Plus, during After Midnight, there's been lots of 'ads' for the new cd. He talks about how he's so proud how this cd reminds him of 90's music.

Insane Carrie Fan
    That's awful for Blake, and surprisingly good for Kelsea.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I'm sure this is not true, but Kelsea is still with Black River, correct? I know the label has a ton of money and it would seem counter-intuitive to not push your investment in an artist, but wasn't she dating the son of the president/CEO or something when she released The First Time? Obviously they broke up and she is now engaged and about to marry Morgan (I think that's his name). They just seemed to throw so much promotion into her debut and pushed every single song up the charts, but yet they are letting her lead single for the sophomore album just flounder? Do you think her personal life could have affected the level of promotion at all? Probably not, but just wondering.
    I actually did not know any of this. Maybe that has something to do with it. I think she is continuing the pop country sound in a good way, though. I haven't heard the album, but the songs I've heard have been pretty good so far. I feel like something is missing, though.. It's more like she's trying to be the next Taylor rather than herself. It isn't as exciting and doesn't feel as authentic.. but she seems to be writing more of the songs so that's good at least. I just hope she isn't using country as a platform to get fame, success and then leave it behind.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    anyone ever see an artist flat out ask fans to buy multiple copies before? Seems desperate

https://twitter.com/KelseaBallerini/status/928011686417592320

rainbow1 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast