• 3 Post By Gator
  • 5 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By lolita55
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 2 Post By Kizmet311

Thread: Zac Brown Band going back to their roots for next album

Zac Brown Band going back to their roots for next album

Zac Brown Says ZBB Is Going ?Straight Back to Our Roots? for New Album | WKKO-FM

Zac Brown Band’s 2008 debut album, The Foundation, was recently certified 5X-platiunum by the RIAA. Perhaps that was the magic number the boys needed to hear to get back to their roots.

After their wide-ranging 2015 album, Jekyll + Hyde, ZBB announced on Twitter today that they are returning to the studio this winter to begin recording their next album.

“Hey everybody, this is a message for our fans, for all the ZBB fans,” says Zac, appearing with the band. “Thank you so much for all your loyalty and all the love you’ve given us over the years. Jekyll + Hyde just went platinum and The Foundation just went five-times platinum, so thanks to all of you so much for that. We’re going in [the studio] this winter to make a brand-new ZBB record—straight back to our roots, Foundation style. It’s gonna be an amazing album, we’re very excited to announce to you that we’re making the new one. And thank you again for everything that you do for us. Thank you.”
    I'm so excited. They are some of my favorite males in country.
    Gator and Curr like this.

Concert Stars
    Incredibly talented. I'm so glad they are going "back to their roots", though. Excited for new music from them.
    lizcarlo, pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes, they sound really happy and excited about it. And I think, unlike The Band Perry who tried something and it failed miserably, ZBB actually accomplished an interesting genre-bending experience, did it with great style and ability, and now can walk back into their own style triumphant for the experience!!

Good for them, and good for the fans.

Proof that if you are talented enough you can experiment and still be solid in your art!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Yes, they sound really happy and excited about it. And I think, unlike The Band Perry who tried something and it failed miserably, ZBB actually accomplished an interesting genre-bending experience, did it with great style and ability, and now can walk back into their own style triumphant for the experience!!

Proof that if you are talented enough you can experiment and still be solid in your art!!
    I think a big difference between ZBB and TBP, is they have always know who they were as artists and are confident in their ability. Whereas I don't know if TBP know who they are yet, or if they are confident in their ability as artists.
    pklongbeach and lizcarlo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

I agree. I think they did it well. I'm so excited. They have consistency in high quality music.
    lolita55 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My husband loves ZBB, but he hates spending money on live music. Apparently it doesn't make a difference to him whether he listens in his car or in person. For me, there is a HUGE difference in hearing music live. I hope someday we can see ZBB in concert. I've tried to get him to go before with no luck, but maybe one day. I did manage to talk him into going to see Chris Stapleton with me tomorrow night and he is going with me in October to see Carrie, so sometimes I can wear him down, lol.
    lolita55 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Zac has a side pop project - Zac Brown Reveals Dance-Pop Project Sir Rosevelt (Interview) | Billboard | Billboard

you can hear the first single at the link.Not for me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Zac has a side pop project - Zac Brown Reveals Dance-Pop Project Sir Rosevelt (Interview) | Billboard | Billboard

I found out about this on Twitter late last week and we listened to the song from Spotify. It is definitely different. Maybe Zac is the one that wanted to experiment with the last ZBB album and the rest of the band didn't care for it? So, now he has his side project where he can do whatever he wants? Anyway, I don't know about the music yet, but that one guy in the new band is hot, lol.

lizcarlo and flor_mascaro like this.

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar

Well that's just different isn't it! It really isn't bad and it kinda does feel like ZBB in a way. Idk maybe it's his voice.

I don't care for it. Its not terrible but I don't like it as much as others. Mango Tree was so much better in my opinion. Whatever makes him happy.

•