Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree414Likes

Thread: Women in Country Music

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    We know that women artists have a hard task breaking through - and that is likely to be even more the case for women from minority backgrounds.

This is a talented artist, who I believe deserves to succeed. She has been featured on our Country TV channel, Keep It Country, but has yet to gain recognition at home, where she has been trying to raise funds to record an EP. Her name is Shawney Damisch, and she is performing under just her first name. She has had an unusual journey in life, as she and her younger siblings were orphaned and abandoned in Chicago, after some gang-related incidents. They were adopted into a mixed race family, who owned a farm. Her adoptive father is an engineer and religious preacher, and her adoptive mother is a school superintendent, and the video she has made shows scenes from their life in rural Illinois.

She co-wrote this song

There is a more detailed write-up on her, in this English blog, where I found this information;
    https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.c...le-review.html
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    She has a beautiful voice! I really like her. Very attractive too, I bet she has a likable personality!
    Farawayhills and txacar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    We know that women artists have a hard task breaking through - and that is likely to be even more the case for women from minority backgrounds.

This is a talented artist, who I believe deserves to succeed. She has been featured on our Country TV channel, Keep It Country, but has yet to gain recognition at home, where she has been trying to raise funds to record an EP. Her name is Shawney Damisch, and she is performing under just her first name. She has had an unusual journey in life, as she and her younger siblings were orphaned and abandoned in Chicago, after some gang-related incidents. They were adopted into a mixed race family, who owned a farm. Her adoptive father is an engineer and religious preacher, and her adoptive mother is a school superintendent, and the video she has made shows scenes from their life in rural Illinois.

She co-wrote this song

There is a more detailed write-up on her, in this English blog, where I found this information;
    https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.c...le-review.html
    This is such a sweet, nostalgic sounding song. Thanks the for the introduction!
    rainbow1, Farawayhills and txacar like this.

I don't know a lot about this artist and haven't read a lot about her yet but I feel like this song shows her as a worthy addition to the country music female community. The video of the song puts alcoholism as the subject matter but the lyrics of the song are relatable for anyone who thinks they have skeletons in their closet. Love the impassioned vocals.
    Farawayhills and txacar like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    ^ A powerful song, and I really like her voice. She directed that video herself, and the little girl in it is her niece. (Her Progressive-Traditional styled "Bloodline" is also worth listening to). Apparently, she's been introduced on radio by Bobby Bones.

Her stage name is Harper Grae (née Shanna Henderson). You can read about her, and why she changed her name here (Harper is the name of the grandparents who brought her up, and "Grae" is an acronym for "God Redeems All Equally"):
    https://eu.tennessean.com/story/ente...ume/643182001/
    txacar, oldyfan, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

https://www.lennyletter.com/story/ma...-country-music

Maren Morris wrote an article for this publication and I absolutely love how she has expressed herself! Regardless of whether someone agrees with this or not, I think it's just powerful for women to express themselves however they want, especially in circles where they are constantly being relegated to the corner.

She has also released the lead single to her sophomore album. She wrote this as a conversation with herself.

•  
    Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314