• 1 Post By gocountrymusic

Thread: Raelyn

Concert Stars

Raelyn

I think this is a beautiful song and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUVdTEQxu8&sns=em

Love Triangle

Junior Carrie Follower
    It's an incredible song. Would love for this to blow up for her.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I like it which is new for me liking much from her. I hope it does well.
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    What a great song. I like her voice, but I haven't been a huge fan of hers, but if she keeps on releasing good songs like this one that will change
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    I think the video is very well done and hope the song does well for her.
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think she's always shown some promise in her live performance work, but I found her previous singles disappointing (she has not yet had a full album release). For me the problem was that Scott Borchetta seemed to pitch her to a mid teen audience, with rather stereotyped "age appropriate" songs.
    This is her first release since leaving Borchetta and signing with Warner Brothers - and it's much better material, more nuanced, with an insightful message.
    She co-wrote the song with Nicolle Galyon (a close friend from when they competed on the Voice) and Jimmy Robbins. (Nicolle and Jimmy have written quite a bit together, including collaborating on three strong cuts on Platinum: "Girls", "Priscilla" and "Babies Making Babies")

RaeLynn experienced parental break up in her own childhood, and has said of the child's perspective in this song "It really is not that fair, but it's a lot of our normal and our truth."
    Nicolle is married to songwriter Rodney Clawson, and they have a little daughter. She says "I think for me it’s some days I’m going to be a rock star at being a mom and some days I’m going to be a rock star at being a songwriter...And when I leave and come home, I’m coming home to something I can’t wait to come home to."

I think this could be one of those occasions when the theme really clicked for the writers, and I hope this song proves successful for them.
    rainbow1, Curr, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This is easily the best song she has released. So much better than God Made Girls. I hope this song catches fire for her.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    According to THE BOOT:
    RaeLynn has released an emotionally charged music video for her song “Love Triangle.” Her first song with Warner Music Nashville, “Love Triangle” is a departure from the singer’s generally upbeat fare, but it draws from an especially personal part of her life: her parents’ divorce.
    “I wanted to come out with a song that was 100-percent me, and something more raw, because I want people to know that I’m not just a girl who sings fun, sappy songs, or just a bubbly girl,” RaeLynn tells People. “I’ve been through a few things. I know how it feels to go through tough life experiences, and I wanted to show that in my music.”
    The “Love Triangle” video opens with a young girl playing outside, her white suitcase perched on the front porch. As a car pulls into the driveway, the girl runs inside to tell her mom that her dad is there, then grabs her suitcase and runs into her father’s arms. Throughout the clip, viewers watch the daddy-daughter pair spend fun time together — and watch the young girl comfort her mother, who clearly struggles with not seeing her daughter for long stretches of time while she’s with her father.
    “When you’re a kid of divorce, that is your life: You have two beds, you have two separate lives,” RaeLynn explains, adding, “I get goosebumps every time I talk about [the music video] because you couldn’t have painted a more perfect picture of how it felt.”
    Shots of the parents with their child are interspersed with clips of RaeLynn, dressed in black and seated in an all-black room, singing the heavy tune.
    “My dad would pick me up every other Friday at six and drop me off by six on Sunday. Around four every Sunday, I remember him getting a little sad because he wouldn’t get to see his baby for two weeks,” the The Voice alum reflects. “I can’t imagine, when I become a mother, not being able to see my child for two weeks. That’s really hard, but that’s the truth, and that’s the normal for a lot of kids in divorced homes. They have to split their time and split their love. It really is not that fair, but it’s a lot of our normal and our truth.”

•