Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson - New Album Era

DizzyDollyDee likes this.

I love her LOL
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

River Rose hanging with her singing River Rose doll backstage @KLGandHoda! You can get one too at http://bit.ly/2dvovm5

• RETWEETS168
    • LIKES1,595

Concert Stars
    Hmmm. I really hope this is not true. If Kelly said this, she is pretty rude.

R E E Z Y ‏@rvnltmb 5m5 minutes ago Andy Cohen: Who do u listen to most - Carrie Underwood, J. Hudson or Fantasia? Kelly Clarkson: I don't listen to any of them. OMG YASS HAHA

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

R E E Z Y ‏@rvnltmb 5m5 minutes ago Andy Cohen: Who do u listen to most - Carrie Underwood, J. Hudson or Fantasia? Kelly Clarkson: I don't listen to any of them. OMG YASS HAHA
    How is that rude? lol

Carrie Follower

Her response wasn't rude at all. Here's the link. It starts around 8:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uupBcct2nRU
    bluejeanbaby likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ It's a bit rude. Carrie always says nice things about Kelly. And given that Kelly covered a Carrie song, I Know You won't, it is pretty strange that she would say she does not know their music. Then she unfollows Carrie on twitter too. Interesting. Definitely some kind of issue there.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    ^ It's a bit rude. Carrie always says nice things about Kelly. And given that Kelly covered a Carrie song, I Know You won't, it is pretty strange that she would say she does not know their music. Then she unfollows Carrie on twitter too. Interesting. Definitely some kind of issue there.
    One artist is under no obligation to listen to another.

Carrie Follower
    And Kelly always says nice things about Carrie. Her saying "I don't listen to her music" is not trashing Carrie by any means. People don't listen to everyone and Kelly said herself she's more old school and listens to older music. I highly doubt Carrie actively listens to Kelly either... So no. There's no issue whatsoever here. You're reading too much into it.
    bluejeanbaby and lovelyT like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    One artist is under no obligation to listen to another.
    It is not about an obligation. It's about being polite and not sounding like a snob when asked if she listens to their music. She could have said she is more into r&b but does think those ladies are great too etc. She came off like she was dissing them.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sosmall94 View Post
    And Kelly always says nice things about Carrie. Her saying "I don't listen to her music" is not trashing Carrie by any means. People don't listen to everyone and Kelly said herself she's more old school and listens to older music. I highly doubt Carrie actively listens to Kelly either... So no. There's no issue whatsoever here. You're reading too much into it.
    That is your opinion. If Carrie said the same exact answer to a question about Kelly's music her fans would star world War 3 and call Carrie a rude snobby *****. You know I speak the ttuth. They would'be all over Carrie for a comment like this.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Follower
    It is not about an obligation. It's about being polite and not sounding like a snob when asked if she listens to their music. She could have said she is more into r&b but does think those ladies are great too etc. She came off like she was dissing them.
    Agree to disagree.

^If she never listens to Carrie I wonder how she knew she wanted to cover several of her songs. Lol.
    Claire2004, bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

^^^Like for example, this Blown Away cover? Lol.

At around 0:45, she said that "this is probably my favorite Carrie Underwood song. It is."
    I mean, for you to have a favorite song of an artist, you must have listened to at least more than 1 song of that artist at some point. lol
    lizcarlo and rainbow1 like this.

I like Kelly. I'm disappointed in her. If Carrie covered Kelly song over the years, gave it that much praise and then acted as if she doesn't like ANY of her songs in an interview she would get scolded by KC fans, and get called all sorts of degrading names. Its obvious she likes couple of Carrie songs. I have to agree with Tee. Its rude to act as if she doesn't like any of Carrie music like she did in the interview while she has praised IKYW over the years and then BA when it was released and saying stuff like she "loved" the song, "this is my song" and its her "favorite song of Carrie". Why didn't she just say I Know You Wont and Blown Away considering from her own mouth and at her own concerts she says she "loves" the songs. You don't say that kind of stuff (especially the comments posted below) about songs you don't like or listen to.

I Know You Wont

2012: "Anyway I love this song when I heard her sing this song we did event together and she came on stage and was like what why is she singing my song. This is my song. I'm just kidding. She sings the hell out of it. I just love that song. I love anything bluesy that tells a story and I think country music does that best. This is one of my favorites of hers"

2011: "I don't want to mess this up I like this song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9loaM8tae1U

2012: You might recognize this next song. We both performed at this event together she came out and sang this song and I was like what chick stole my song. That's my song. I love that song. I don't have anything like it in my catalog and I'm going to change that, but I just love this song. Until I have it I have to cover this song. I hope yall like my version. This song is so beautiful and I had to add it to my set list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_zdPhhZhUQ

Blown Away

2012: I love music. I love music more than most people. I love all different genres. I love anything that sounds soulful and has heart to it, but anyway I like a lot of other genres of music as well. Anyway we had this song requested quite a bit. I love this song. This is probably my favorite Carrie underwood song. Its just super dark and I think its really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oieb7WgQk18

^^ Those comments does not sound like someone who doesn't like any Carrie songs.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Kelly continues to fade into music history. Meanwhile Carrie's star continues it's meteoric rise. So, imho, Kelly has become irrelevant.
    rainbow1 and DaisyTweets like this.

Concert Stars
    This seems to be a bashing Kelly thread instead of talking about her new era. Lol I don't think Kelly is fading into history while Carrie continues to rise. I just think they're in different places in their careers and they're in different genres of music. You have to remember, Carrie is in country and country fans are very very loyal to their artists hence why people like Reba, Dolly, Faith and Tim McGraw (to name a few) are all still around after all these years. Pop isn't exactly the most loyal fans. They're very very fickle. I think it hurt Kelly when she released My December. That has to be the worst album she's ever put out and she realized it unfortunately she realized it too late. However, true fans that aren't so fickle will stick by her. I think though she's really trying to concentrate on her family for a while and maybe she is where she wants to be in her career. She can still sing, but be with her kids too.
    I don't know.. I like them both and I don't think one out does the other, I just think they're in different places and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast