Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1113Likes

Thread: Miranda Lambert - The Weight Of These Wings

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    (Thanks - I was only concerned about the later comments that followed, which I thought were focused on Carrie's award situation, and really belonged in the main part of the board.)

I thought the Forbes article touched on some interesting points, e.g, artists' desire to diversify (which is true of both Miranda and Carrie), and the dual focus in Miranda's touring, involving both her own headline tours, and participating in joint tours with other artists. The latter has sometimes been seen as having a reduced status - but it's actually popular with many in the industry, as it's seen as putting more focus on the format, rather than on the individual artist. When Miranda was asked why she still accepted support roles at this stage in her career, she said she enjoyed the variety of musical styles, and could still learn from other performers.

In other respects, though, I thought the Forbes article rather overstated its case - e.g. its focus on her total earnings for the year was rather undermined by its passing mention that she actually earnt 10 million more the year before; and its reference to the global reach of her career seemed premature - the three dates in the British Isles were her first overseas, and although they were very welcome and long awaited, we don't yet know how she'll build on that.

Meanwhile, if anyone would like to see her new estate, mentioned in that article (which I have to say looks gorgeous!), there are pictures here:
    Miranda Lambert drops $3.4m on a stunning Tennessee property | Daily Mail Online
    Beautiful home! I would love to live there at this stage of my life. Thanks for posting the article.

Concert Stars
    Lovely home Miranda!

re: Forbes--- they often are way off base. They never include Carrie's earnings from Calia or Almay or SNF.. I bet Carrie gets s nice chunk of $$ from NBC and the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question. But, it drives me crazy that various sites/organizations would have readers believe they know financial information of celebrities. The only way they would know that info if it was provided to them from the person or their financial accountant/provider. They've put out financial data on Carrie before. I cannot believe for one second Carrie would divulge that information. She is far too private of a person.
    I always thought the money earn was an estimation,I mean there is the obvious if the person decides to release touring info ie the percentage of tickets sold/number of tickets sold. There are albums and single sales, that are listed, idk how much people get paid for endorsement, sponsorships, or whatever you want to call it, and there are probably other factors, so I say Forbes and other magazines, sites actually only know 1/3 of what a singer makes during a touring/new album year, and 1/5 during a off year/in between album year

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    In fairness to the writer, her bio states that she's a third year student at Harvard, who has a internship with Forbes. I think she did a good job with the article, in pointing out the current state of touring and the need to diversify (though rather jumping the gun, at this stage, on the extent to which Miranda appears a global artist). Miranda's merchandising is successful, but largely targeted to specific niche markets. Much of the commercial success of her music has tended to be in the more "steady seller and slow builder" category (which is what artists with a singer-songwriter and more Alternative-leaning reputation tend to aim for). That gives touring a relatively higher priority.

In terms of the article being published now, I think choosing one about Miranda stems from both the expected launch of major new work, and the fact that she's currently juggling two tours in the same time frame. But similar "earnings based" articles could be written about several other singers. I don't tend to pay much attention to "statistics", so can't comment on comparisons, except to say that these figures, in overall industry terms, don't seem all that large. In any case, I should think the writer only had access to what was in Forbes data bases.

OH WOW. I love her new home!!!

All the space and greenery and private lake.... Love how cosy and country and rustic it is!!! Just how I like it as well. Too bad I don't have few million dollars to spare lol.
    Farawayhills and Suellen like this.

As well as long term collaborators, Frank Liddell and Glenn Worf, it seems that a third producer, Eric Masse, also contributed to "Vice".

This would tie in with the Alternative-leaning feel mentioned earlier. Eric Masse is considered an avant-garde, genre-spanning producer. Country artists he's worked with include Charlie Worsham (who has toured with Miranda), Andrew Combs (who shared the billing on the recent Country to Country Festival) and Caitlin Rose (daughter of songwriter Liz Rose, whose "torchy" retro-influenced songs have been widely admired on the Alt Country scene).
    Eric Masse has also worked with British singer, Lucie Silvas, who makes her Opry debut next month.

For those interested in performance statistics, this article says that "Vice" has outperformed "Automatic", Miranda's lead single from her previous album, entering the Billboard Airplay and MediaBase Aircheck charts at 18. It has also topped the Billboard Digital Country Songs chart, selling 65,000 downloads in three and a half days.
    Miranda Lambert's "Vice" Hits No. 1 on Billboard Digital Country Songs Chart [New Video] - Country Fancast
    Kizmet311 likes this.

I'm pretty sure a full week of downloads would have gotten her to 100,000 downloads. That would have been exciting to see. I don't think her downloads have reached that high before.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    I always thought the money earn was an estimation,I mean there is the obvious if the person decides to release touring info ie the percentage of tickets sold/number of tickets sold. There are albums and single sales, that are listed, idk how much people get paid for endorsement, sponsorships, or whatever you want to call it, and there are probably other factors, so I say Forbes and other magazines, sites actually only know 1/3 of what a singer makes during a touring/new album year, and 1/5 during a off year/in between album year
    All of the companies Carrie is affiliated with are publicly traded companies. Whatever she is paid by Almay, Dick's, NBCSNF, etc. is accounted for by the company in the details of their balance sheet. Earnings of those companies are reported to Wall Street analysts quarterly. Carrie's record sales are public info, and tour percentages are standard (within a narrow range) so it wouldn't be difficult to calculate her earnings there. The magazines are reporting annual earnings. Income from her personal investments, etc. are private and would not be included. So, yes, she probably does have tons of income over and above the yearly earnings reported in Forbes, Fortune, etc.
    teesharky and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    For those interested in performance statistics, this article says that "Vice" has outperformed "Automatic", Miranda's lead single from her previous album, entering the Billboard Airplay and MediaBase Aircheck charts at 18. It has also topped the Billboard Digital Country Songs chart, selling 65,000 downloads in three and a half days.
    Miranda Lambert's "Vice" Hits No. 1 on Billboard Digital Country Songs Chart [New Video] - Country Fancast
    What is Carrie's highest AirPlay debut? Was it So Snall at 19 or higher? I forget. Tx

How is she 17 when I checked the chart just now and she is not even in the top 30 on mediabase today? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    What is Carrie's highest AirPlay debut? Was it So Snall at 19 or higher? I forget. Tx

How is she 17 when I checked the chart just now and she is not even in the top 30 on mediabase today? I am confused.
    I think that since Vice had hourly spins the 1st day, it then takes a major hit airplay-wise. At least that's my understanding of it.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I think that since Vice had hourly spins the 1st day, it then takes a major hit airplay-wise. At least that's my understanding of it.
    I think Vice took a major hit a couple days ago. As of yesterday, Vice is at #32 on Mediabase Country chart.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Vice is #18 on Billboard Country AirPlay.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Yeah, it's that weird loss of airplay a week later that affects it. So a single can debut fairly high and then falls back to "normal". I can't remember Carrie's highest debut, but I think you may be right that it was So Small. I didn't see anything saying Vice had the most adds or anything though, so I guess Smoke Break still holds that record of most added it's first day/week?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    All of the companies Carrie is affiliated with are publicly traded companies. Whatever she is paid by Almay, Dick's, NBCSNF, etc. is accounted for by the company in the details of their balance sheet. Earnings of those companies are reported to Wall Street analysts quarterly. Carrie's record sales are public info, and tour percentages are standard (within a narrow range) so it wouldn't be difficult to calculate her earnings there. The magazines are reporting annual earnings. Income from her personal investments, etc. are private and would not be included. So, yes, she probably does have tons of income over and above the yearly earnings reported in Forbes, Fortune, etc.
    I think the original article about country music artists' earnings did have a brief mention of Calia for Carrie, so I think we should assume that it is included in her earnings estimate by Forbes. It didn't go into much detail about Carrie, but I think it did mention Calia in the one sentence about Carrie in the article. So, is that information from publicly traded companies out there for anyone to see?
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Forgive me for posting this in the Miranda thread, but for clarification on the Forbes article, this slideshow does mention Calia for Carrie. Although they goofed and said Olay instead of Almay, since she doesn't do Olay anymore. I don't know where the original article went, but now they have a slideshow.

Carrie Underwood ($26 million) - In Photos: The World's Highest-Paid Country Acts 2016

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar

If I'm remembering correctly Carrie's highest debut was #17 with SITW. So if Miranda is debuting at #18 Carrie is still beating her.

According to this Taste of Country article, it's unclear whether the new album will be out this year, or early 2017

Miranda Lambert Nervously Performs 'Vice' for the First Time

(Miranda earlier announced that the album was "ready", so I suspect the uncertainty is due to label juggling of release schedules - which also happened with the Platinum era)

Concert Stars
    According to this Taste of Country article, it's unclear whether the new album will be out this year, or early 2017

Miranda Lambert Nervously Performs 'Vice' for the First Time

(Miranda earlier announced that the album was "ready", so I suspect the uncertainty is due to label juggling of release schedules - which also happened with the Platinum era)
    If they wait until next year she will have to put out a second single to keep momentum up for the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    If they wait until next year she will have to put out a second single to keep momentum up for the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which is not uncommon.
    Claire2004 likes this.

•  
    Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast