Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By Claire2004
  • 7 Post By Claire2004
  • 3 Post By liz278
  • 6 Post By Ann055
  • 4 Post By pklongbeach
  • 3 Post By terilyn

Thread: Jason Aldean - Washington Post interview (Carrie mention)

Jason Aldean - Washington Post interview (Carrie mention)

What happens when you’re one of Nashville’s richest stars? For Jason Aldean, it’s not all fun and games.

It’s not often that country music singers and TMZ intersect. But where they meet, sometimes, there’s Jason Aldean.

That was the case in 2012 when the site posted pictures of Aldean, 38, getting cozy at a bar with a woman who wasn’t his wife. Aldean later got divorced and then married the woman in the photos, Brittany Kerr, and found himself making headlines in the tabloids. Years later, after everyone’s moved on, Aldean still struggles with the idea that – as one of the top-selling stars in Nashville – he’s the target of paparazzi interest.

Jason's insightful (I'm being sarcastic here) theory on why women have difficulty getting their songs played on country radio:

And what about female singers, the demo that has the most trouble breaking into the genre? It’s become a major talking point this year that women, more than anyone, struggle to get their songs heard on country radio.

Aldean doesn’t know why that is, but he has one theory: “I feel like a lot of times female singers, to me, when they’re singing – and I’ll probably kick myself for saying this – a lot of times, it just seems like I can’t distinguish one from the other sometimes if I just listen to them, you know?” Aldean said. “A lot of times they just sound really similar to me. And then you have some that come out like a Carrie [Underwood] or Miranda [Lambert] or somebody like that, that really has a different, distinctive sound to their voice, then it’s like, oh, okay, you can tell them apart all of a sudden. They go on to be obviously big stars, but I think it’s because you can distinguish between them.”

Aldean clarified that it doesn’t do any artist (male or female) any favors to sound like every other person: “Listening to country radio, you always have these labels that are putting out new acts and it’s like, you already don’t know who this person is. So what is going to make you remember them?”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...fun-and-games/

Aaaand I love the tweets in reaction to this by the Fake Martina and FTM accounts lol:

@DrunkenMartina: Jason Aldean said most female singers sound the same. I think that sameness he's referring to might be called "singing in key"

@Farcethemusic: Side note: @jason_aldean is an idiot.

Concert Stars
    I saw Windmills tweet this and I couldn't believe that he would say something like that. I didn't like him before but now I really can't handle him and his music. Both him and LB are saying that they don't like to be called "bro-country", but they are both the ones who made that music popular. What do you expect since your music all sounds the same to me? :-)
    Ann055, bluetb4 and txacar like this.

I just saw a tweet about JA and didn't know what was going on because I've been out all day. I see now - whatever - him and others like him should not comment on the subject at all - because they say dumb things - haha

Concert Stars
    ...so let me get this straight..... 3 or 4 women can't break through cause they sound alike. But, 30 men can cause they all sound so unique and different from each other????

....Just stop talking you idiot......... this is the problem, now I see it clear....... everyone in Nashville is IGNORING women, and that is why you cant tell them apart... I am just sick for them.

But my one side note. Carrie Underwood not only has a very unique sounding voice, but it is also startlingly good! Yes, it does make her stand out... but otherwise, these statements come from ignorance......
    terilyn, bluetb4, Ann055 and 1 others like this.

Oh Jason you sound so stupid or is this your way @ getting back @ everyone that calls you bro country? Stop trying to deflect bro country on the female artist....he's pathetic.
    bluetb4, gocountrymusic and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    I don't know, personal taste aside I kind of agree with him when with both male and female stars. There aren't many new female artists on the radio lately though. I do think Maddie and Tae stand out. I'd love to see them be successful.

Love him or hate him, Jason Aldean has a distinctive sound. Luke Bryan has a distinctive voice as well. For me the "bro country" problem lies with the newer male artists that appear to be imitating Jason and Luke. They come off as bland and are easily interchangeable. Somehow they still get tons of airplay though.

•