Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: The Band Perry album 3 era

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    That was painful. What is Scott doing to them. This came off as trying to hard to fit with pop.

If this was Carrie's first single, i would just die. I am worried abt her new sound... Lol

I really dislike this song.
    I have always expected that Carrie will have some Urban, Hip Hop, Pop elements on her new album - partly because of the reported involvement of people like Claude Kelly, the Jackie Boyz, Ross Copperman - and partly because of the prevailing fashion on Mainstream radio (with which Carrie has had a particularly close relationship). But I'm not expecting it to be full blown Pop, along anything like the lines of Borchetta's recent examples. Some of Miranda's experiments on "Platinum", or Eric Church's on "The Outsiders" are more along the lines I'm expecting.
    What I'm hoping for is that her willingness to work with new producers, and her references to "Rock Twang" mean that she'll also go deeper into Progressive Country, with more emphasis on instrumental music. I would argue that some of her work on "Blown Away" - especially GG, TBC & CGAS were already going in that direction.
    What would worry me would be if she raised the expectation for a new sound, and then barely changed at all - but at the moment, I'm trusting her to get the balance right - and come up with a sound that's a bit more Alternative, a bit more "edgy", and a bit less "middle of the road".

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    The comments in that article were unpleasant, to say the least.

imo this song is no more or less country than other country songs right now.

They finally put the audio up:

jaks_weyn likes this.

Concert Stars
    For such a hyped up song with so much promo. This song...well... Sucks. Lol.
    terilyn and Hil like this.

I'm a big believer in being your own artist and having your own style, but, at the of the day, you just can't completely abandon your roots. That's what I feel TBP is doing here, and that's what I feel about country music in general right now. It's like we're living in a different universe, where everyone forgot who they are and what country music stands for.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I'm a big believer in being your own artist and having your own style, but, at the of the day, you just can't completely abandon your roots. That's what I feel TBP is doing here, and that's what I feel about country music in general right now. It's like we're living in a different universe, where everyone forgot who they are and what country music stands for.
    A lot of country artist are trying to put pop influences in their song nowadays... Actually Carrie was one of those people, and she might have even be the one to start and made that trend popular... That's why i'm hoping she goes against the tide again with this album just like what she did with SITW and LTG... Maybe something very mainstream but at the same time reminds everyone what Country music really is? Maybe full rock country album? But not sure how that will translate for WINKIAW...

TBH, i'm with people who don't want a boy basher again like GG and CC, and all other songs, but i think it's a good move to have another one again... Especially that there have been no boy bashers recently... But in terms of growth, i think it would be best if Carrie explored other subjects...

OK going back to TBP... I actually like the song! I agree that it's more pop than country, but i won't say it's full pop though.. You can still hear the country in there.. But setting aside genre and TBP's image, it's a great song for me... If treated well, it can be a big song for them in pop/mainstream... It sounds fresh, it can be an anthem, it has a catchy chorus and it's easy to sing along to... But let's see how it does...

@Gator: i had the same reaction as your husband yesterday (I heard it my night here)... It sounded something TS would sing.. But Kimberly's voice is way way better and gorgeous than TS's
    abbeyjones18 and Gator like this.

I really liked everything TBP had done in the past w/the exception of CS. This song to me is pop and nothing more. What a shame. Do you think country radio is going to be playing this? Why would SB do this and after hearing it I have to say I'm glad Carrie is w/SN and not BM. Interesting article to say the least.

Just a quick mention but it appears Kimberly is working on a hip hop butt. Just saying..not to offend or start anything negative here.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    In that picture, the brothers look as if they're heading for a Summer beach, while Kimberly looks as if she's buttoning up against the chill.

Maybe they had as many costume designers as they did songwriters. (smile)
    rainbow1, terilyn and abbeyjones18 like this.

I have really, really, tried to get into this song, but I just can't.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The songs sounds like something that would be sung on High School Musical.
    terilyn, maddkat, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The video is posted on cmt:

The Band Perry | Live Forever | Music Video | CMT

The cheesy "We gonna live forever" chorus that Farawayhills mentioned I think is the main offender of the song. I just don't think the song plays to their strengths as a band, so while I don't mind a one off song like this, I'd be little worried with a whole album inspired by this new sound.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ lazy video, no direction just a bunch of kids walking around and stuff

the more I hear this the more inane the lyrics

"this time I want it all"....what does that mean??
    Has the person been reincarnated? What??

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ lazy video, no direction just a bunch of kids walking around and stuff

the more I hear this the more inane the lyrics

"this time I want it all"....what does that mean??
    Has the person been reincarnated? What??
    Lol, to me the whole song is disconnected. I cant tell if this song is abt two lovers who has amazing sex or just a we will just randomly throw out this song to get ppl to throw their hands up in the air. This song is just awful ans is doing pretty awful on itunes too.

Concert Stars
    .........ah........I think I am going to need some time to process........but from the gate.......so disappointed..........not because its terrible.......but because for the first time they sound like they are trying to "be something" and they always "were" something......

I won't pick this mess-of-a-song apart. No point. Just frustrated that they allowed themselves to be pushed this far in a direction I am not convinced they wanted from the start.

Unfortunately that is called "selling out"! .....and I hate to use that term with them of all people.......
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    BTW, so no one thinks I am being hypocritically critical, I am well aware of the inspiration from SYA. But the truth is sometimes those "whoa whoa..." type anthems work, and I will always support SYA's production cause I do think it worked. But this does not work cause it has absolutely no purpose..... its a mess...... And now I will leave SYA out of this conversation (but the comparison had to be made, Wink!)

Think I'll pass listening to this new song and listen to better dig two instead

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    Think I'll pass listening to this new song and listen to better dig two instead
    No, you must listen. we want to know what you think.....

I haven't heard any good feedback from this song though, granted I've haven't read any reviews on this song, all my knowledge about this song is coming from this thread.

Concert Stars
    After seeing the music video, this all does feel very calculated (like one of the brothers wearing a flat bill cap). I wonder how this will perform on country, especially if it fails on pop. This is catchy and all, but it's definitely not a great song even for a pop song. I remember hearing Need You Now for the first time and immediately thinking that it would be a huge hit. Same with Cruise.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    How's Live Forever doing on ITunes?

•  
    Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast