• 2 Post By JB172
  • 2 Post By JB172
  • 2 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By hjj

Thread: Adele and Pharrell

Adele and Pharrell

JB172, rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It will be interesting to see if she can come close to the sales that she had with her last album.
    rainbow1 and lizcarlo like this.

^^ I am curious as well. If she doesn't I'm not going to be surprised.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    ^^ I am curious as well. If she doesn't I'm not going to be surprised.
    Her family is clearly far more important than her career and hats off to her for making it that way because that is how it should be done and if the layoff does effect her sales and I am with you I wouldn't be surprised if it does I really don't think she is going to care very much.
    lizcarlo and countrymama22 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Her family is clearly far more important than her career and hats off to her for making it that way because that is how it should be done and if the layoff does effect her sales and I am with you I wouldn't be surprised if it does I really don't think she is going to care very much.
    I completely agree. If she cared about sales she would have released her album sooner. I have been craving some new music. I do understand she has family and her kid comes first. I respect her for that decision.
    JB172 and countrymama22 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am very interested to hear the new music. I loved 21, but I'm honestly not sure how I will feel about "happy" Adele, lol. I really do think that the long delay will cost her some sales upfront. If she has another Rolling in the Deep or Someone Like You on this album, then she could maybe see the sales increase, but I doubt she'll go diamond again.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I completely agree. If she cared about sales she would have released her album sooner. I have been craving some new music. I do understand she has family and her kid comes first. I respect her for that decision.
    She is one of the very few people in the entertainment business who does what they do because they love to do it, she isn't all into the fame & fortune that comes with her being as wildly successful as she is.
    lizcarlo likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It will be difficult to surpass are probably come close to 21 sales, but thought Taylor would not hit the 1 mil in debut wk either so who knows. Looking forward to her new music.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    It will be difficult to surpass are probably come close to 21 sales, but thought Taylor would not hit the 1 mil in debut wk either so who knows. Looking forward to her new music.
    I like Taylor music. She is also celebrity and has been in public eye a lot. Adele has no interests in having that kind of attention from the media. She went into seclusion. That's why I doubt she sells that much. It's okay if she doesn't. If I like her music ill still buy no matter how much she sells.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    She is one of the very few people in the entertainment business who does what they do because they love to do it, she isn't all into the fame & fortune that comes with her being as wildly successful as she is.
    I have always thought that as well. She never seemed like someone who likes all that attention. I don't blame her for not wanting all that attention though.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Everything Pharrell touches is magic.

Concert Stars
    Adele will probably have longevity rather than a big opening week. She and Mumford and Sons surprise me. Adele has a giant era then goes silent for 4 years. And Mumford and Sons pretty much single handedly made their style popular, but completely changed their sound on their most recent album (but good for them for branching out). Those Brits...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    Adele will probably have longevity rather than a big opening week. She and Mumford and Sons surprise me. Adele has a giant era then goes silent for 4 years. And Mumford and Sons pretty much single handedly made their style popular, but completely changed their sound on their most recent album (but good for them for branching out). Those Brits...
    Personally, I think Mumford's new albums just sounds like Kings of Leon mixed with some Coldplay.

•