Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Kacey Musgraves, "Pageant Material" era

abbeyjones18 and lizcarlo like this.

Ty
    Leaked.

This is very good album. I like it a lot. This may change until I listen to cd more when it's released. I don't have favorite because I like the majority of the songs a lot.

I have been listening to Same Trailer Different Park. The ones that standout as favorites are Silver Lining, Merry Go Round, Dandelion, Keep It To Yourself, I Miss You, Blown Smoke and It Is What It Is. New album coming up soon :-) I hope her success continues. She has seemed to connect with an audience despite radio not playing the majority of her songs. I wish her luck when she releases Pageant Material.
    quincyeyes likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I really like Dime Store Cowgirl. Less than a week until release. Can't wait.

It is good song. I have only listened to the leaked album once. When I get Pagent Material I want it to be mostly new to me when I listen on my drive home. Yes its coming up soon :-) Kacey, Carrie, Ashley and Lindi all in one year. So many good women are releasing this year. I have been trying to find on You Tube her Family Is Family performance on the late night program. I cant find it on You Tube. Here it is Watch Kacey Musgraves Debut ?Family Is Family? On Seth Meyers - Stereogum

Here is cover its Kacey singing Toxic by Britney Spears. I thought it was cute.

Does Kacey have any songs with some bigger vocal moments? Any songs with long notes, belting, etc?
    teesharky likes this.

I put Kacey in DVR to see if she is doing interviews. This is what I got.

ABC Good Morning America at 7:00 AM on Tuesday June 23

The View at 10:00 AM on Wednesday 24th
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I kind of like the family song. Her music and songs seem basically the same rhythm and same vocall,IMO.. I find Ashley Monroe more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I kind of like the family song. Her music and songs seem basically the same rhythm and same vocall,IMO.. I find Ashley Monroe more interesting.
    I really like Kacey and Ashley. Kacey writing is good. She speaks the truth and her subjects are relatable.

I am religious and really like living in small town. Don't get me wrong. I really like some songs that talk about the good side in small towns like Thank God For Home Towns by Carrie. Small towns like suburbs and cities have good and darker sides. I like hearing both.
    I can relate to Merry Go Round. I am single. I hear from so many people "how can you not be married". Like I said I am religious but I don't attend church. I don't have anything against churches. I never found one that I could connect to, and agree with on certain issues. I worship where I live. Couple people are always telling me you have to go to church. A lot of stuff she says in the song is true for dark side to small towns. Blown Smoke even if your not waitress is true in some areas of life. There are others but those are just couple of examples. I'm not saying you have to like Kacey. We have different things we relate to and enjoy. Just saying why I like her music.

July 24th of this year Ashley has new cd coming out.
    quincyeyes likes this.

Concert Stars
    I totally intend on purchasing the album at midnight but does anyone have a link they can send me to listen to it now.

It really good second cd. I did not skip any songs and was singing along to majority of songs. All the songs are good. I don't have favorites yet. I might when I listen to cd more. Well done Kacey.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The album is very good.

Here is short clips of some songs off of Pageant Material where Kacey, Shane McAnally and Luke Laird talk about songs.

Pageant Material:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_m0sDLvh3Y

Dime Store Cowgirl:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVubVhpx4iY

Somebody To Love:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESSF76ELfs

Biscuits:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3siVvUT5A
    quincyeyes likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I just started listening to this album, but it definitely has a different feel from Same Trailer, Different Park. I love the first three songs so far more than Biscuits. I'll post more on it later or tomorrow when I get to listen to the whole thing. I read somewhere that it is expected to sell around 50K in its opening week. Very happy for her.

My favorites are High Time, Are You Sure(Hidden Track), Late To The Party, Fine, This Town, Good Ol' Boys Club, Family Is Family, Cup Of Tea and Somebody To Love.
    Last edited by lizcarlo; 06-24-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    This album is so sleepy in comparison to her last and also less punchy so it is taking me longer to get into the songs. I find it very interesting and am enjoying listening to it. I'm so happy to have new music from her. I'm surprised she pulled back this much on her sophomore album. I will say it is a beautiful album.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I listened to the album once through this morning while getting ready. I have Spotify premium so I was able to listen without buying. My initial impression was exactly what quincyeyes said - it's a sleepy album. It has been a long time since I listened to Same Trailer, Different Park (which I didn't care for either), so I can't recall enough to compare the two, but this music reminds me of hippie/old country music from the 60s/70s. I seem to get a hippie/Nancy Sinatra vibe from the album. Sometimes I wonder why I love Miranda, but I can't seem to get into Kacey. In comparing Pageant Material to Platinum, I realized that Kacey's whole album reminds me of my two least favorite tracks from Platinum (Smokin & Drinkin and Babies Making Babies). I don't mind nostalgia songs about small town life, but I can't seem to get into songs when the lyrical content is more about the sometimes very real aspects of small town life. Small town life can be boring, kids don't have anything to do but drink or get knocked up, and everyone works simple jobs because nothing else is available. It's just not something I care to listen to. Kacey's music doesn't inspire me, it doesn't put me in a good mood, it doesn't make me nostalgic, it doesn't make me want to roll down the window and crank it up, it doesn't make me want to sing along, and I don't even find it to be the kind of music I would want to listen to if I was depressed or going through a breakup (fact - favorite song to cry to - Matchbox Twenty's "Hand Me Down"). For some reason her music doesn't inspire any feeling or emotion in me at all. So, while I would like to say the songs/music are pretty enough, the lyrics are clever enough, her voice is pretty enough...what good is music that inspires absolutely no feeling whatsoever? I may try to listen to it some more, but I'm afraid the only opinion I will be left with is that it is a "pretty" album that I will not care to listen to again.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Oh and who is the artist singing on the hidden track? I don't know the voice well enough to recognize it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Read the review of the album on Saving Country Music - I suspected it and was correct - the singer is Willie Nelson. I guess "Are You Sure" is his song?

•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast