Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Carrie Underwood Little Toy Guns RamCountry Live

Carrie Underwood Little Toy Guns RamCountry Live

bluetb4, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I agree that many people will vote for an artist, or for a favourite song, but I see this as primarily a video award. On that basis, "Something Bad" stands out for me as easily the best of the three videos that have Carrie in them.

The problem for me is that, while SITW is my favourite song, the video, in my opinion doesn't begin to live up to either the song or the performance. I apologize to those who love it, but for me the stagy dance theme actually distracts from a song that I think Carrie took a lot of trouble to make one of her most memorable, combining a contemporary musical ethos with a performance that's firmly rooted in Country tradition.
    LTG has more evocative camera, mood and colour shots - but I have reservations about the way the director has handled the story line.

I want SB to win the overall video of the year category - but when it comes to the female video of the year category, I'm afraid I'm going to have break ranks and say I prefer Lee Ann Womack's "The Way I'm Livin" (directed by Roger Pistole). This combines a pretty strong emphasis on Lee Ann's performance, with a very enigmatic and somewhat unsettling story line, that raises more questions than it attempts to answer. Lee Ann says she wanted a non-literal approach, that left the viewer to interpret the scene in their own imagination. Interestingly, this video also includes dance elements - but, to me, these integrate better with the mood of the song.
    While I think this video is very much the outsider, without the benefit of a large fan base vote, I find it the more interesting and satisfying as a work of dramatic videography.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Faraway---you must be having one of those many sleepless nights again. It is 10:49 P.M. in Cincy. There is a 5 hour difference in our times and it would be approx. 3:49 A.M. where you are in England. LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Yes - and I'm afraid that when I checked in again this evening, I found that my befuddled mind had caused me to post in the wrong thread! I'd meant to post about the videos in the CMT awards thread - it doesn't belong here, and I must apologize to Lizcarlo for going off topic in her thread about Carrie's live performance.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I got to see the great video above...so good for your mistake!! Lee Ann is wonderful in that!
    Farawayhills likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Yes - and I'm afraid that when I checked in again this evening, I found that my befuddled mind had caused me to post in the wrong thread! I'd meant to post about the videos in the CMT awards thread - it doesn't belong here, and I must apologize to Lizcarlo for going off topic in her thread about Carrie's live performance.
    That's fine. I don't care :-) Lee Ann is awesome.
    Farawayhills likes this.

•