Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cam (new signing to Arista Nashville)

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,831

    Cam (new signing to Arista Nashville)

    "Cam" (the only name she uses professionally) is a new signing to Carrie's label in Nashville. She is from California, and has experience of writing and singing in both Country and Pop, citing the Bakersfield Sound as one of her primary influences. She so far has a four track EP available on Spotify and i-Tunes, and has been working at Sony, with co-producers Jeff Bhasker and Tyler Johnson (who both earlier worked on Taylor Swift's "Red")

    This article gives a detailed write-up, raising the suggestion whether she can be a break-through for new female artists in the radio format:
    Make No "Mistake," Cam Is One to Watch!*|*Brittany Hodak

    This video shows the lead track (and should be followed by others, if you play it on YouTube)


  • #2
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,291
    Concert Stars
    Really good voice, cute! Reminds me of Dolly!!

  • #3
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    22,626
    Concert Stars
    Cam has been named iheartradio's On The Verge artist for July
    new single



    I had a chance to see her at CMAFest,she has a nice voice and I really like this song.
    But her stage presence....she was a little hyper but I assume the more she's in front of a large audience the more that'll calm down.
    But she really needs to ditch the yellow.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,291
    Concert Stars
    I really like her voice, lots better than Kelsea's. Like the song a lot!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #5
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,283
    I like her a lot. She has very pretty voice. Burning House song is beautiful. My Mistake isn't bad either. She has good first cd. Here are her other songs. They are pretty good in my opinion.



    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEuFfmqnrw
    Gator and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

  • #6
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,858
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Cam has been named iheartradio's On The Verge artist for July
    new single



    I had a chance to see her at CMAFest,she has a nice voice and I really like this song.
    But her stage presence....she was a little hyper but I assume the more she's in front of a large audience the more that'll calm down.
    But she really needs to ditch the yellow.
    This great combination of Natalie Maines/Carrie/Taylor...... Beautiful song. And really well arranged. Like it a lot.....

  • #7
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,858
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I like her a lot. She has very pretty voice. Burning House song is beautiful. My Mistake isn't bad either. She has good first cd. Here are her other songs. They are pretty good in my opinion.



    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEuFfmqnrw
    Again, really good! Great arrangement again. Who is producing her?? Really great. Really solid voice. I am afraid she is too country for country. How sad is that to have to say!

  • #8
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,858
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    "Cam" (the only name she uses professionally) is a new signing to Carrie's label in Nashville. She is from California, and has experience of writing and singing in both Country and Pop, citing the Bakersfield Sound as one of her primary influences. She so far has a four track EP available on Spotify and i-Tunes, and has been working at Sony, with co-producers Jeff Bhasker and Tyler Johnson (who both earlier worked on Taylor Swift's "Red")

    This article gives a detailed write-up, raising the suggestion whether she can be a break-through for new female artists in the radio format:
    Make No "Mistake," Cam Is One to Watch!*|*Brittany Hodak

    This video shows the lead track (and should be followed by others, if you play it on YouTube)

    OMG! 3 out of 3! What a great voice. That's live folks. Her pitch is perfect. HEr delivery is so relaxed and natural. She ozzes authenticity. Again, I am afraid she is too country for country. IF she had happened 25 years ago it might be different. But I am not sure how to sell her. But I think she is great.
    Much like LBT, if she can find a really big hit song she could be on her way. She certainly has the talent and likability.

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    2,984
    Concert Stars
    Just discovered her on Apple Music. Absolutely phenomenal. I'm loving Burning House.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,858
    Concert Stars
    ^^yeah, I think shes pretty great to......

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,418
    Concert Stars
    Listening to her EP on Spotify now.

  • #12
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    869
    Whoa. I'm surprised people on this board actually like another female like Cam. That never happens.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,418
    Concert Stars
    Well, since it was just a short EP, I am already done. Cam has a really good voice and I liked the four songs. I really don't think she is too country for country radio. She puts a modern twist on it, much like LBT or Band Perry do. Absolutely love Burning House and the other three songs were all good. I think I could get on board with supporting her as an artist. Hopefully the new guy at Sony will support her.

    I'm listening to Ashley Monroe's new album on Amazon Prime now.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

  • #14
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    2,984
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Whoa. I'm surprised people on this board actually like another female like Cam. That never happens.
    Give it time... She hasn't won any awards or "taken" Carrie's place on the radio charts yet.

  • #15
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Give it time... She hasn't won any awards or "taken" Carrie's place on the radio charts yet.
    But seriously. I do like her. Her EP is great. It just worries me that she's on the same label as Carrie.

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    Just noticed that Cam's "Burning House" is at #30 on Mediabase. Good for her.

  • #17
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    lizcarlo likes this.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan abbeyjones18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    5,103
    Cam seems like a really nice person. I do think that it's kind of interesting that she is w/ Arista Nashville. It's going to be interesting to see how she does.
    Last edited by abbeyjones18; 10-29-2015 at 02:46 PM.

  • #19
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,645
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Give it time... She hasn't won any awards or "taken" Carrie's place on the radio charts yet.
    Stop it! You know what you're doing...

  • #20
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,283
    I am exciting for her debut album. Her EP was good. Hopefully she will breakthrough.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 47
      Last Post: 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM
    2. CMA Fest NEW signing process
      By robinannhunt in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
    3. Contact Arista Nashville?
      By eliefares in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
    4. Arista is no more
      By epicamends in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM
    5. No Changes At Arista Nashville
      By Cps235 in forum Music
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •