Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cam (new signing to Arista Nashville)

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I am exciting for her debut album. Her EP was good. Hopefully she will breakthrough.
    I saw that post this morning and was super excited! She is my second fave female country singer right now.
    I can't wait to get this album!! Her voice is just so amazing and her cover of Adele's Hello was the best cover I have seen yet.

Does anyone know how old she is? I mean she looks to me to be in her mid 20s. I love how country music doesn't discriminate with age like you could be in your late 30's or early 40's and come out as a new country artist and kick butt! Also is that a wedding ring??

Concert Stars
    I'm so excited for this! I've grown to like her more and more each time I hear her music, and she's so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by kiwicountry View Post
    I saw that post this morning and was super excited! She is my second fave female country singer right now.
    I can't wait to get this album!! Her voice is just so amazing and her cover of Adele's Hello was the best cover I have seen yet.

Does anyone know how old she is? I mean she looks to me to be in her mid 20s. I love how country music doesn't discriminate with age like you could be in your late 30's or early 40's and come out as a new country artist and kick butt! Also is that a wedding ring??
    Me too. I think she could easily become a favorite. She is making me excited. Her voice is beautiful. I had no idea she did cover of Hello by Adele. Thanks for mentioning. I will have to check it out. I have no idea how old she is.

Concert Stars
    I pray she does more like Burning House and can get some traction.....

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwicountry View Post

For an artist who is apparently being given quite strong backing by the Sony Group (the CEO has named her as one they want to develop), actual biographical details seem to be rather sparse in her publicity material. I've seen no mention of her age or marital status in the sources I've looked at. In general terms of label press releases, this is sometimes an indicator that the artist is a little older than the majority of breakouts - but she may just value her privacy on such details (which I would support).

Her first album, "Heartforward", which is described as stylistically contemporary Pop, came out in 2010. A tracklisting is here:
    Heartforward - Camaron Ochs | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

I think Cam has a delightful personality, and deserves to do well. However, I wasn't one of those who related strongly to "Burning House". For me the theme - potentially a very strong one - was handled too lightly, without what I would consider a deep emotional connection or psychological insight. The lyric came across to me as pretty repetitive, without much development of the verse structure. I wouldn't describe it as solidly Country, or as too Country for Country radio, either. To me, it came across as light Country Pop, with some overall Folk vibe.

That, however, is only one song, sung in a style that didn't quite get my attention. I think Cam is definitely worth watching, and I wish her well.

These are examples of a less Mainstream style, from a couple of years ago, before her Sony deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZQHuLejCk

And one of her recent Sony songs that I liked
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WFT0QiOBY

lizcarlo likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12