• 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Ashley Monroe - New Single "On To Something Good" for upcoming album

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Ashley Monroe - New Single "On To Something Good" for upcoming album

Ashley Monroe has released her new single "On To Something Good" exclusively to Spotify: https://play.spotify.com/album/0wk40VReNDTunoo5fax8OD .

Here is Roughstock's write-up: Ashley Monroe - "On To Something Good" - RoughStock .

I love Ashley and am excited to hear that she will be releasing a new album.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I like her much better than Miranda. She just seems so sweet and genuine, nothing fake about her.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Her music has always been awesome no matter if it was Pistol Annies or her solo material(Satisfied and Like A Rose). She is such talented writer. Her writing is also very relatable as well. She deserves so much attention. Excited.
    quincyeyes likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ashley also has a wonderful voice. She's not only a great songwriter but a great singer as well. I wish she would get the public recognition she so richly deserves. The critics already love her. I think Vince Gill produced this track. He did a great job. He was her producer for "Like A Rose" and produced LeAnn Rimes' "Lady and Gentlemen". He really seems like a great producer. Their voices are front and center and sound crystalline.
    Last edited by quincyeyes; 02-23-2015 at 09:48 AM.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by quincyeyes View Post
    Ashley also has a wonderful voice. She's not only a great songwriter but a great singer as well. I wish she would get the public recognition she so richly deserves. The critics already love her. I think Vince Gill produced this track. He did a great job. He was her producer for "Like A Rose" and produced LeAnn Rime's "Lady and Gentlemen". He really seems like a great producer. Their voices are front and center and sound crystalline.
    Hmmm, I know there are some people who wish Carrie would experiment with a new producer. Seems like Vince would be a perfect fit since they already have at least a professional friendship.
    quincyeyes, lizcarlo and rainbow1 like this.

Behind the Scenes of Ashley Monroe's 'On to Something Good' | Rolling Stone

Go Behind the Scenes of Ashley Monroe's Chic 'On to Something Good' Photo Shoot

Fashion is Ashley Monroe's co-star in this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at her new single, "On to Something Good." (Watch above.) In fact, if you make a drinking game out of her wardrobe changes, you might be seeing double by the end of the clip. The chic country star goes from old Hollywood glamour to bohemian goddess to modern-day disco queen during the Los Angeles-area shoot, matching her songwriting prowess with some serious catwalk skills.

On to Something Good" is the first single from the Tennessee's native's next album, tentatively due this spring. Monroe tells Rolling Stone Country that the song's title is simply how she felt during its writing session with Barry Dean and Luke Laird.

"I like that the song is hopeful and it's saying, ‘Hey, we’ve all been there,'" she relates. "We all know what it's like to be down and out, but there's hope if you keep on going. And if you do, you will be on to something good."

Monroe is a co-writer on every track of the upcoming album, with Justin Niebank and Vince Gill as its co-producers. Gill was also at the helm of Monroe's breakout Like a Rose LP, Rolling Stone's pick for the best country album of 2013.

"That's who gets me completely," the singer tells Radio.com of Gill, whom she met when she was just 15 years old. "He gets exactly what my soul is, he gets exactly what my voice is."

Gill's youngest daughter, Corrina, lends her vocals to another song on the project, "I Buried Your Love Alive," which Monroe co-wrote with Matraca Berg ("Strawberry Wine," "You and Tequila").

The official video for "On to Something Good" will be out in the coming weeks.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Yes Carrie and Vince Gill is great choice. Ashley singing is very pretty.
    rainbow1 likes this.

So excited for a new album from this woman!
    Farawayhills likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Yes, I'm excited to hear the new album too - especially the mention of her co-write with another of my favourites, Matraca Berg ("I Buried Your Love Alive" - a great title!)

I have to say though, that this lead single is rather less my kind of song (though I understand Ashley's likely reasons for going in this direction.) I love her work, but I probably prefer every track on "Like A Rose" to this new one. "Like A Rose", as well as being Rolling Stone's pick for Country Album of the Year, also featured in the top three or four of many critics' lists - but Warner Brothers seem never to have released any of the tracks as an official radio single. This one, however, seems to have been planned to be considerably more radio friendly. It has an upbeat mood, a catchy chorus, and makes use of the repetitive Rock-influenced beat that's so fashionable in the current Mainstream. I always enjoy Ashley's voice, and the writing includes some clever, well chosen lines. The overall effect, though, strikes me as rather more conventionally Mainstream than I, personally, would have hoped to hear from her - but Ashley has long deserved a chance for chart and commercial prominence, and I wish her every success with it.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Ashley was also at Madison Square Garden a few days ago - and this was a great opportunity for one of the most talented Country singers toady - who, ironically, has arguably made more impact outside the format than she has on the Mainstream itself.

This is a good review of her performance, from Digital Journal

Review: Ashley Monroe treats Madison Square Garden to her angelic vocals (Includes first-hand account)

I'm happy she got good reviews. Ashley does have such sweet pure singing voice.
    quincyeyes likes this.

•