• 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 4 Post By abbeyjones18
  • 6 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By lolita55

Thread: Jana Kramer(New Single)- Women in Country Music

Junior Carrie Follower

Jana Kramer(New Single)- Women in Country Music

I don't know how you guys feel about Jana Kramer or if there are any fans. She has been kind of hit and miss for me and I loved "Why Ya Wanna" and was disappointed her follow ups didn't do very good. Then, when she released "Love" I thought for sure she would soon be drifting away from the spotlight. Even though "Love" wasn't that great and only made it to 32 she is getting a second chance at starting up her second album. Her New song is called "I Got The Boy" and it's surprisingly well written and the studio version has a very country production. I was pleasantly surprised. I hope this is a big ol hit for her but since its a well written country sounding song from a female not being sung by Carrie or Miranda it might have some trouble. I just hope the women in country music keep up with these kind of releases and we slowly see more and more. The male dominance had gotten extremely out of hand.

http://youtu.be/M6akRRSaVjw

Here is a link to an acoustic version. The song was just released to iTunes today and you should check it out.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I can't say she's really been my scene, stylistically - but she puts a lot of personality into her performances, and I hope it works out for her in terms of airplay. She's had one top 3 hit - but has, so far, not seen the same success again on radio. In the current climate, it would certainly be good to see another breakthrough.

This song was written by recent Song-of-the-Year honoree, Connie Harrigton, together with Jamie Lynn Spears and Tim Nichols. The theme echoes Patsy Cline's classic "She's Got You" - but with the difference that this song more explicitly contrasts an early boy-girl romance with a later marriage. These lines struck me as memorable:

"I got the first kiss; she’ll get the last. She’s got the future; and I got the past. I got the class ring; she got the diamond and wedding band. I got the boy; and she got the man."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I did a search and this was the only thread I could find about Jana.

Apparently she and her husband have split, which is really sad since their daughter isn't even a year old yet. He is supposedly in rehab for something, although I don't know what. If her husband has some issues, then that certainly isn't her fault, but Jana sure doesn't have the best track record. I know she's friends with Carrie so I will try to be nice, but this was her third marriage, plus she was engaged to Brantley Gilbert. Girl has some bad luck with relationships, although after that many, you have to wonder if she is the problem (again, perhaps her husband does have some real issues to deal with and that wouldn't be her fault this time) or if she just has really bad taste in men.

Jana Kramer Separates from Mike Caussin as He Enters Rehab : People.com
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I did a search and this was the only thread I could find about Jana.

Apparently she and her husband have split, which is really sad since their daughter isn't even a year old yet. He is supposedly in rehab for something, although I don't know what. If her husband has some issues, then that certainly isn't her fault, but Jana sure doesn't have the best track record. I know she's friends with Carrie so I will try to be nice, but this was her third marriage, plus she was engaged to Brantley Gilbert. Girl has some bad luck with relationships, although after that many, you have to wonder if she is the problem (again, perhaps her husband does have some real issues to deal with and that wouldn't be her fault this time) or if she just has really bad taste in men.

Jana Kramer Separates from Mike Caussin as He Enters Rehab : People.com
    So, so sad...even sadder now that a little baby is in the picture.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ well there's this one - http://www.carriefans.com/forums/mus...ht=jana+kramer (Jana Kramer)
    but why quibble, :-)

It's sad their marriage is ending,and he's gone to rehab.
    It's her third and she's what 33 or so?Maybe she should step back and be a single mom for a while.

Carrie Guru
    Aww. I didn't realize her marriage has broken up.

As far as stepping back.... she's actually stepping out.... going to be on Dancing with the Stars this year.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I thought she was engage several times bit never married until this one?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The article said they are taking a break. Hopefully rehab works for him and they can work it out. But most people don't marry someone after 9 months lol. Having 3 divorces by the time you are 32/33 isnt great.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mofan View Post
    I thought she was engage several times bit never married until this one?
    She's been engaged 4 times - married 3 of them.

•