• 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Big Machine For Sale ?

Junior Carrie Follower doitnthedirt's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Big Machine For Sale ?

Smokyiiis, hjj and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Wonder what the artists under Big Machine will end up doing.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Wonder what the artists under Big Machine will end up doing.
    I think that would depend on what is in their contract, I don't know if anyone would have any kind of opt out clause if there was a sale of the label and with any kind of ownership change there is likely to be people who are shown the door.

Concert Stars
    Interesting. Taylor is funny. Moralistic reasons but she is still willing to sell it to others, just not this one. Plez.
    Anyway, this is how large companys make more money than anyone can imagine. They just buy and sell eachother..... Interesting to see how things go.... I did not know that Taylor is coming up on her last album with BM. That is interesting to. Nothing happens for creative reasons when people are as big as Taylor. ITs all lots of handshakes with lots of dollar signs.
    doitnthedirt likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    As the relative market importance of major record labels is likely to continue to decline, and that of digital downloads to increase, having a unique distribution deal with i-Tunes must seem to have its attractions - especially as Borchetta seems to be trying to steer his mass market customers away from streaming outlets like Spotify and YouTube.
    However, the label system is far from dead - especially in its symbiotic relationship with Mainstream radio - so it's wise to take this speculation with some caution, until more details become available.

On a lighter note, i-Tunes prevent consumers like myself (who don't use either of the two operating systems they support) from using their site at all - so having i-Tunes, Scott Borchetta, Toby Keith and Scott Swift all in the same basket would put me in the position of avoiding the lot of them - something I'd be able to resist shedding copious tears over!
    JB172 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    As the relative market importance of major record labels is likely to continue to decline, and that of digital downloads to increase, having a unique distribution deal with i-Tunes must seem to have its attractions - especially as Borchetta seems to be trying to steer his mass market customers away from streaming outlets like Spotify and YouTube.
    However, the label system is far from dead - especially in its symbiotic relationship with Mainstream radio - so it's wise to take this speculation with some caution, until more details become available.

On a lighter note, i-Tunes prevent consumers like myself (who don't use either of the two operating systems they support) from using their site at all - so having i-Tunes, Scott Borchetta, Toby Keith and Scott Swift all in the same basket would put me in the position of avoiding the lot of them - something I'd be able to resist shedding copious tears over!

If this actually did happen it would be interesting to see just how i-Tunes would handle the distribution of physical copies of CD's.

They have denied it.

•