Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Kristi Hoopes

New Carrie Fan

Kristi Hoopes

Of course I love myself some Carrie, but yall have got to check out this girl Kristi Hoopes! I just started listening to her stuff and can't get enough. Who's with me?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-WPmTvu0U

Concert Stars
    Its good. I wish the chorus grew into something more cause the verse is so good. Also, I wish she would open her throat alittle more and not sing with quite so much nasal. But that is just me and the way I like singers to sing.

What ultimately comes to mind is how frustrating it is that women are shut out of country music right now. Just a complete shutout. Sad when there is so much good music out there to listen to.......

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I like her, and think she has a real future - she is already a quite prolific competition winner, having won both songwriter and new artist of the year at the Colorado Country Music Association and the North America Country Music Associations International (the later being a federation of state and overseas associations, which holds an award show in Pigeon Forge, concentrating on off-Mainstream acts and new talent)

As that video says, she's also won a competition sponsored by Lyricord, a company which helps lyricists add harmonies and instruments, and promote their music. The win led to a promotional trip to either Nashville or Houston - she chose Nashville, and got to record three songs at the historic RCA Studio A, with some top session musicians, and songs involving Caitlyn Smith (who's been writing with Carrie), Jessi Alexander (who is a Song of the Year winner, recently writing with Miranda on Platinum) and Jon Randall (also a Song of the Year winner, who co-wrote Oklahoma Wind).

I think there is a great chance of her becoming established, both as a writer and independent performer. Whether she enters the Mainstream, though, depends very much on getting a recording deal with a major label - which operates in a vicious circle with radio - they are unlikely to sign an artist unless they think they can get them on radio, and major radio won't play them unless they have a label deal behind them. I'd certainly like to hear more from her.
    pklongbeach likes this.

•