Concert Stars
    All I have to say is OMG!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Hell has froze over.
    glenn7 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He is desperately searching for the next Carrie from where she came from before anyone else gets to her. There is only one Carrie. He's sad.
    rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    He is desperately searching for the next Carrie from where she came from before anyone else gets to her. There is only one Carrie. He's sad.
    Who knows, maybe he is secretly a huge fan of Carrie, and wants to find another Carrie. Or maybe him and Taylor are on the outs because of the direction she has went in her career. So he is trying to find another huge superstar.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    Face it Borchetta, you are never getting Carrie.
    glenn7 and pklongbeach like this.

Disappointed in AI. Sorry I have a strong dislike for SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pklongbeach, GumbyJRH and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    Who knows, maybe he is secretly a huge fan of Carrie, and wants to find another Carrie. Or maybe him and Taylor are on the outs because of the direction she has went in her career. So he is trying to find another huge superstar.
    Actually Scott stated in the past that he would like to sign Carrie. But it will never happen. And he certainly is not going to find anyone close by mentoring on AI.
    rainbow1, Gator, liz278 and 2 others like this.

As much as I dislike him, on an honest and serious note, this is big positive news for a dying franchise like Idol.

It will get even the contestants more excited and motivated knowing how good Scott is with artist promo. Especially lucky for country singers this year!

Maybe Idol won't die as quickly after all. And there will be the first ever Taylor Swift performance on Idol lol.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    As much as I dislike him, on an honest and serious note, this is big positive news for a dying franchise like Idol.

It will get even the contestants more excited and motivated knowing how good Scott is with artist promo. Especially lucky for country singers this year!

Maybe Idol won't die as quickly after all. And there will be the first ever Taylor Swift performance on Idol lol.
    I agree .

Concert Stars
    I remember when TS had that awful review and SB came to her defense and one of his comments was about the singers on Idol. I'm just surprised that he would be involved with Idol. I guess everyone has short attention spans so I suppose most people don't remember his diss of the singers from Idol.

www.yahoo.com/music
    Article about SB with KU & SB pic. (Sorry I couldn't copy and paste)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Suellen likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I remember when TS had that awful review and SB came to her defense and one of his comments was about the singers on Idol. I'm just surprised that he would be involved with Idol. I guess everyone has short attention spans so I suppose most people don't remember his diss of the singers from Idol.
    I think it was after Kelly Clarkson sang something....and she shot a tweet right back at him!!

Concert Stars
    Just curious, what happened with Martina McBride when she went to his label? - how good is SB really? what singers has he helped recently. what advice can he give to Idol contestants, "look like you know what you're doing" "pretend you sound good and the audience will believe it" "no need to have singing talent , you can use autotune and fake it" "inflate your stats every chance you get" " meet everyone in the music business and get in their faces" "give lots of favors and watch the returns poor in" "when a big star does something that makes the news, get your face in the news along side them" "upstage any and every artist out there" "dance conspicuosly and rudely in front of others every chance you get to draw attention to yourself " There was a funny comment about Taylor I read in a figure skating forum - a post about Taylor posing with Gracie Gold and there was a video link where they baked cookies together or something like that - I didn't watch the video but the next post was "Wow, Taylor really knows how to upstage someone" Made me chuckle. Anyway - will be interesting to see how SB is as a mentor of singing

Concert Stars
    I have to disagree that this will strengthen Idol. Truth is most of America do not know who scott is. And since I don't know how his public personality is it is hard to say weather he will be pleasant to have on the show from the viewers standpoint.
    But I, personally have serious issues with his ideas about what makes a great artist. He is a marketer. Which is great if you have no talent but want to be famous anyway. But for me, to watch yet another person come on to idol and tell people that they are amazing and are going to be superstars is just too much.
    As much as Randy was "played out", this is a much worse exchange for me. bad enough that I will likely not survive it. And that's kind of sad, cause I have supported the show for years.
    Bu I am pretty sure I am not going to be able to handle Jenny from the block and Scott B, spending 4 months telling people how to be famous without the talent to back it up. I just don't think that is what Idol was supposed to be about but it will most definitely be about that now.

Concert Stars
    I saw one article on twitter that talked about his experiences of making Taylor a star. Even Simon Fuller was raving about him. She was talked about for 4 or 5 long paragraphs. I tweeted back to it..." Idol needs to be talking about Carrie, Kelly, Jennifer and the rest, and NOT Taylor!" It was re-tweeted numerous times!
    opry051008, bluetb4 and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I think it was after Kelly Clarkson sang something....and she shot a tweet right back at him!!
    Basically everyone was saying how horrible Taylor was and he said something to the effect of not everyone having to belt notes like those that came from American Idol and Kelly tweeted something like, No, but we do have to be able to carry a tune! LOL

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    Basically everyone was saying how horrible Taylor was and he said something to the effect of not everyone having to belt notes like those that came from American Idol and Kelly tweeted something like, No, but we do have to be able to carry a tune! LOL
    Found what she said:

Wow …..Dear Scott Borchetta,

I understand defending your artist obviously because I have done the same in the past for artists I like, including Taylor, so you might see why its upsetting to read you attacking American Idol for producing simply vocalists that hit ‘the high notes’. Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well. Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable, but throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better. I have been criticized left and right for having shaky performances before (and they were shaky) and what my manager or label executives say to me and the public is “I’ll kick butt next time” or “every performance isn’t going to be perfect” ……I bring this up because you should take a lesson from these people and instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your ‘humble’ opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a breath and realize that sometimes things won’t go according to plan or work out and that’s okay.

Sincerely,

One of those contestants from American Idol who only made it because of her high notes
    wonton, Curr, opry051008 and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    This is just the entertainment business being the entertainment business.

So-so will say something negative about _____________ but a few years later if so-so & _____________ think that they can benefit from each other they are going to be more than happy to work together.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I think this is a great move for Idol. Someone who is truly truly invested in the contestants.
    Whatever likes this.

•