Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree620Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson - New Single (January 2015)

Kelly Clarkson - New Single (January 2015)

Kelly Clarkson: New Single in January feat Mystery Male Artist!

In a radio interview with The Highway Friday morning, Kelly Clarkson announced that she’ll have a new single out in January! The original flavah American Idol has been under the radar, taking care of her new baby, River Rose, born in June. But now she’s back in action.

Even more exciting? The new record will include a collaboration with a male artist the singer isn’t ready to name yet. “It’s good, it’s so good!” said Kelly about the unnamed artist. “The song is so kind of out of the box for both of us, but kind of in our lanes.”
    Kelly Clarkson: New Single in January feat Mystery Male Artist!

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    I am so excited!! I love Kelly!

I'm gonna guess the special male artist is Blake Shelton.
    rainbow1, stuffy, HuiZ and 1 others like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think it may be daugherty and country.

Concert Stars
    That's great and I have a feeling the artist is Blake.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it be Blake. That is so boring, though, to be honest. Kelly can't keep making a career out of collaborations with country artists. At this point, I have not idea who Kelly is musically anymore. I actually really liked her last pop album and I would like to hear more like that.

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am secretly hoping it's a pop artist, as I love that side of Kelly, and although I don't mind her country duets, I think it's high time for a pop duet.
    pklongbeach and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wish she would collaborate with someone like Ryan Tedder, Adam Levine, Ed Sheeren, or Sam Smith. I'm not sure the Ryan Tedder collab would happen after the Halo/Already Gone debacle, but I thought I saw on Facebook that Kelly covered Sam Smith's "Stay With Me". Perhaps that could be a sign of their collaboration? Adam would seem to be an obvious choice since Kelly toured with Maroon 5 and their popularity is pretty big right now. I know in the past she and Daughtry had recorded a collaboration, but it obviously didn't make the album cut. Unfortunately, Daughtry doesn't seem to be as popular lately, so I don't think it's the right choice for her now.

Concert Stars
    If its Blake I will gag alittle, for both of their sakes..... he is just a little too close to her for my liking, its getting a little weird for me.....

Hopefully a big name pop artist. Please not blake, and please not a country crossover song again....... just please no........

Maybe Lady Gaga?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    "The song is so kind of out of the box for both of us, but kind of in our lanes.”

What in the world does that quote mean?

It can't be both, out of the box for her and whoever the guy is but still kind be in their lanes.
    oldyfan and pklongbeach like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    "The song is so kind of out of the box for both of us, but kind of in our lanes.”

What in the world does that quote mean?

It can't be both, out of the box for her and whoever the guy is but still kind be in their lanes.
    I am looking forward to it, but is she releasing a country album or a pop album, she is a great. However, as much as she loves country music, and even though she is Reba's step-daughter-in-law, she is a pop artist, who makes good to great pop albums, and in noway shape or form does she have the right voice for country music.
    oldyfan and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Maybe Lady Gaga?
    /Dead
    pklongbeach and clh_hilary like this.

Concert Stars
    With regard to her voice being "country enough" I always pause here, cause so many have said Carrie did not have a country sounding voice, cause she sang so many styles on Idol it became a bit confusing that she sang so many styles so well, but remained a specific brand of singing. It allowed her to go a very long way.

Point is, Carrie is a girl from the south, and therefore just by nature of that, if she wants to be a country singer and studies and appreciates the style and is able to produce that, I am all about calling her a country singer. And she is. It is in her bones. (taylor is not, it was never in her bones).

Kelly, in my mind, has never really given the genre a legitimate chance. I don't think we have ever really heard her even "try" to be a country singer. So of course, she can not be considered one. And therefore, you have to ask yourself, than why keep trying to send music to country music industry, and we all know the reason for that. Its called success and money. And I don't think that is a legitimate way to approach music.

If Kelly wants to legitimately create some music that is country music (in her own view of it) than I am certainly willing to listen and not judge on weather she is "a country singer". But weather she can actually sing country music legitimately.
    Frankly, we don't know yet. I have never actually heard her try. Her two biggest hits at country music were both sung by country singers grounding the music into the genre. Her voice on DYWS and Rebas rendition of Because of You, were both specifically pop stylings blended with two country singers. She was not remotely country on either track. But that does not mean she "can't sing country, or that her voice doesn't sound right doing it. I would argue we still don't know. I have never heard her try. The singles that she has released to country were not country songs nor was she singing in a country style. That does not mean she cant she just "hasn't".

So the question for me still remains, can she legitimately and respectfully sing country music. I don't know.........
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think the grittiness in Kelly's voice makes for better pop songs than country, but you can't say that country isn't in Kelly's bones. I do feel that she grew up on it. She is from Texas and that is definitely more "south" than Oklahoma. I would actually Oklahoma is the midwest, not the south. I am sure Kelly loves country music, but I do agree that while she may love it, I think her voice is better suited for pop or rock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    /Dead
    As her career?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Shane McAnally has talked about Kelly Clarkson's possible move into Country Music (part of a long interview with Vickye Fisher)
    Shane McAnally On Songwriting, Kacey Musgraves, Country Radio And Gay Country Artists ? Interview | For The Country Record

I’ve cut some stuff on Kelly Clarkson.

Vickye: Yep, you produced ‘Tie It Up’.

Shane: Yeah, and we produced a bunch of great stuff, and then with baby, and with pop records… the rest of this year is kinda focused on another project for her but that’s gonna come back around. I believe her to have a great country record in her, I’m so excited to get back in the studio with her, she’s just about the best there ever was.

Vickye: Do you know when she’ll be doing a country record?

Shane: I don’t… I would say something that would be out of turn for me to say. The baby has definitely slowed things down. Until the baby gets here… I know from experience, when the baby shows up all bets are off, that’s when the schedule is determined. I don’t know how much’s she’s going to wanna be away, and how much she’s gonna want to work, we’ll see. But she has a competition drive and an amazing spirit, and I know that she does want to be on stage, she certainly wants to have her foot in this format. She is a true country girl, she loves country music and I do believe that there is a very big country record in the future, I would like to say next year.

Vickye: So do you think that having the space to have the baby would create quite a nice bridge between pop and country, and give her the space to move away from that?

Shane: Yeah, I don’t know that she wants to move away from pop, it’s so hard for someone like her because she can do anything. And sometimes when that’s the case, you can feel like you’re not doing anything all the way. Country wants your attention. The country format wants to feel like you are invested. Those that know her know that she is, and that she has more knowledge of this music… and a true passion for country music, the lyrics and stories… as much as any artist that’s on country radio. But she has this giant pop career, and she is a worldwide entertainer. So I think it’s just a matter of doing what feels natural without forcing it and we’ll just see what happens, but I can tell you that that is something I look very forward to. Just getting back in the studio for one but also because of her song choice, what she’s interested in saying, it’s from a country point of view. She could be a real force.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think Kelly is amazing, but the selfish part of me doesn't want her to go into country because I am worried she will overshadow Carrie with all her connections and stuff...I know how ridiculous that sounds haha
    Smokyiiis and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think what Shane is saying is that she has the understanding and the liking for Country Music to enable her to make a good Country record - but the format wants people who are fully invested in the Country ethos, and Kelly's very successful ongoing Pop career makes it difficult for her to really show that. For that reason, I suspect that she will make an occasional Country record, but that it's unlikely to become her main career platform. Hence, I don't really see her permanently overshadowing the leading genre loyalists.

I think Kelly may well get more Country duets quickly (which Carrie has so far opted to do rather sparingly, in a ten year career) - but I think Kelly's more prominent contributions may continue to concentrate on the "diva" style power ballads (of the type she's performed with Jason Aldean and Reba McEntire.) This may grab temporary attention for radio and showcase events - but I think it's rather a narrow basis for a female Country format leader today, and is unlikely to turn into a long running 19 song top two, or four top album achievement.

Carrie has more experience and background in Country Music, and experiments significantly more in a range of Country styles than she's sometimes given credit for. I don't see Kelly, for example, having many songs like "Two Black Cadillacs" or "Something in the Water", which both pay homage to deep roots, and also innovate musically. Nor do I see Kelly concentrating on the Opry, where Carrie is firmly established as the leading contemporary public face.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    I think Kelly is amazing, but the selfish part of me doesn't want her to go into country because I am worried she will overshadow Carrie with all her connections and stuff...I know how ridiculous that sounds haha
    She couldn't even overshadow Carrie in the pop world so I really wouldn't worry about that.

•  
    Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast