Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jade_kt
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Matt Williams

Concert Stars

Matt Williams

Saw this guy on facebook and thought he was talented, especially his piano playing. He's a singer-song writer and combat vet trying to get his music career going in Nashville (country music).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...064137&fref=nf
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 09-17-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    Farawayhills likes this.

Concert Stars
    INFO

Join us for an amazing night with the TALENTED MATT WILLIAMS ....Listen to his story of being on the front line to the music that is in his soul....

I started in music at a young age, my grandfather had a gospel group so I started learning to play and sing around 3 years old. I grew up in Geneva, Alabama which is a small town but many good people. We grew up swimming in rivers and running through the woods and riding bikes around town. None of us had much money so the simple things in life were our escape. I continued my music by being in the band in school, I was a drummer. I became one of the best snare drummers in the state of Alabama and later the country when I was in high school. I played piano all my life but never in a competition setting, more as a hobby really. I grew up on a chicken farm in right outside of Geneva in a little community called Coffee Springs. My step father grew up there and took over the farm and well my days were interesting as a child to say the least. After high school I joined the Army. I was in the army from 2004-2012. I deployed 3 times as an Infantry Noncommissioned Officer. I toured 2 times to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. I lost many friends to the war and gained a family as well.
    I have a little boy, Christian Williams, he is my everything and the reason I am doing what I do. I want to build a life for my son and give him the tools he needs in life to succeed. He is my motivation and my purpose.
    I write my music based on real life experiences. I feel that artists of lost touch of what it means to write from the heart. I want to touch people in a way that they can actually relate to on so many different levels. I write about mistakes I made in life and what it has cost me, I write about being in the war and losing brothers and I try to put people in my shoes and let them see who I am. I think people enjoy an artist more when they know his or her past, present and future. I want them to hear a song and say, wow; he just described my life perfectly. Hearing people say they love my music because it’s honest and speaks volume about not only my life but theirs as well means more to me than anything. I hope to stand in front of thousands one day and tell stories in a song that make people cry, laugh, make them happy or even a song they can give to someone as an apology but they just can't say the words themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/Southernlifemusic

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Thanks for the link.

I liked the song. Matt has an appealing personality and a good voice. You can tell he has a belief in his music, and the song has a positive message, which I think makes a timely change from some of the material currently being played on Mainstream radio.

I'm not sure if he intends this video primarily as a demo for the song itself, or as an illustration of his own performance work. If the latter, the piano accompaniment may give some pause for thought. I think there may be relatively little demand for a one singer plus piano performance - except perhaps in club work. If you consider the following video, of Jimmy Webb singing his classic composition "Wichita Lineman", you can probably see what I mean:

A great emotional performance, and Jimmy's song became one of the best known and best loved standards in Country Music - but you're left wondering if the Mainstream would have played it, if it had remained as a piano solo.
    If Matt intends to pitch himself as a performance singer-songwriter, therefore, he might consider hitching up with a couple of other musicians who could provide a more varied accompaniment, with at least some emphasis on a stringed instrument.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^^On his facebook page it says musician/band and on one of his songs (Pray) he is accompanied by a band and so don't know if he actually has a band or is in one. I think if he got w/ the right music business people though they could help him get a band if he doesn't have one like they did Carrie. Plus he plays the guitar too I believe. Here is some of his other songs:

https://www.facebook.com/Southernlif...app_2405167945

•