• 3 Post By lizcarlo
  • 2 Post By CALEBJOE
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By quincyeyes

Thread: Sunney Sweeney Provoked cd out now

Sunney Sweeney Provoked cd out now

Concert Stars
    https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/keepgirlsinmusic

Sunny Sweeney first female to have top song on Texas Music Charts for Bad Girl Phase since 2003
    Farawayhills and lizcarlo like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CALEBJOE View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/keepgirlsinmusic

Sunny Sweeney first female to have top song on Texas Music Charts for Bad Girl Phase since 2003
    Very good to see that - but the Texas/Red Dirt music scene is not at all easy for female artists to crack (though this chart was also where Miranda started, before she became known nationally).
    There seem to be no other women, though, in the current top 50 - so, in that respect, the position is even more male dominated than the Mainstream chart

(Women, though, do figure noticeably more prominently at the IBMA and AMA. The AMA airplay chart is currently topped by Lucinda Williams, and I featured some female performers in my recent thread about the IBMA award show)

Sunny made a huge impression on me with her debut independent album "Heartbreakers' Hall of Fame" - but I found her move to Big Machine in Nashville to be comparatively disappointing. I think she did too, and she's now left Big Machine and returned to releasing independently. I hope the new album is widely noticed by the fan community. It's currently number 33 on the AMA chart, with 138 spins from 15 stations last week - a fall of two places
    CALEBJOE likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Very good to see that - but the Texas/Red Dirt music scene is not at all easy for female artists to crack (though this chart was also where Miranda started, before she became known nationally).
    There seem to be no other women, though, in the current top 50 - so, in that respect, the position is even more male dominated than the Mainstream chart

(Women, though, do figure noticeably more prominently at the IBMA and AMA. The AMA airplay chart is currently topped by Lucinda Williams, and I featured some female performers in my recent thread about the IBMA award show)

Sunny made a huge impression on me with her debut independent album "Heartbreakers' Hall of Fame" - but I found her move to Big Machine in Nashville to be comparatively disappointing. I think she did too, and she's now left Big Machine and returned to releasing independently. I hope the new album is widely noticed by the fan community. It's currently number 33 on the AMA chart, with 138 spins from 15 stations last week - a fall of two places
    I do know Bri Bagwell latest single Crazy may have reached top 40 on The Texas Chart.But I do agree that what we are seeing on the mainstream charts with only a few women having success or even getting their music played.It does show what an uphill battle the ladies are up against compared to their male counter-parts.I remember watching the backstory of Miranda's her father even mentioned you can make a decent living down there on the Texas circuit if you're a guy.But in the end happy for Sunny she is very talented.

She is very talented artist. Congrats for Sunny.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really like this album a lot. I recently got it. I'm kind of behind the times. I love really every song but particularly Sunday Dress, Front Row Seats, My Bed and Backhanded Compliment.
    CALEBJOE likes this.

•