Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1120Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift- "1989" Era

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    The rap verse isn't even all that long and it's more like kiddie rap (aka she's not really rapping haha) and the autotune isn't THAT bad.

Concert Stars
    Very happy she finally called herself pop. Now I can honestly give her a point or two for finally coming clean and being honest with who she is.

The song itself is catchy but not very lyrically strong. But she is feeding candy to pop fans and they will eat it up. So it will be successful.

Oddly I find the album cover very boring. I am shocked it looks so rough.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quite frankly, I do not like the song, video, the vocals (heavily autotuned) nor the awkward dancing. The song could be written by a second grader and maybe sung better. It makes Rebecca Black's Friday seem not so bad after all. It also seems that instead of moving ahead, Taylor is taking giant steps back to her pre and early teen years in this song and I am so tired of her "mean" references. It is old, worn out and downright irritating. However, the young teens will like it and I think that is the group she was aiming for. I seriously wonder if she is ever, ever, ever going to act her age and put out music for her generation. Probably never, ever, ever.....
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    I've read where she's been taking ballet and dance lessons. They've even released pics of her leaving the gym. Guess now we now why...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I've read where she's been taking ballet and dance lessons. They've even released pics of her leaving the gym. Guess now we now why...
    She needs to demand her money back because the lessons obviously did not help her improve her dance moves at all.
    liveasong, Gator, maddkat and 2 others like this.

Hil
    I like the new TS swift song...and I think she's a good role model for kids as opposed to some in the business. I'm not big on her vocals, but I think pop works out better for her in that sense.
    txacar likes this.

It's terrible. Disappointed. Next.
    smilesalot2day likes this.

Maybe in time this song will grow on me..... but on first listen, the song is lame and I HATE the video. Worst video of her career imo.

I understand what she's trying to achieve for the concept of the song and video, but she just looks like Katy Perry wannabe in the video.

She's best when she's being naturally awkward, a little adorable and very relatable. But everything about the video and the song just screams wannabe.
    hjj likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Taylor stays cementing her legacy as the McDonalds of the music industry ... an inconceivably cheap, overly-manufactured inorganic product that manages to slay its competitors on the sales front due to its cheap, systematic construction that makes it highly accessible, highly affordable, and widely consumed.

liveasong, maddkat and DaisyTweets like this.

I feel like listening to Today Was a Fairytale now. That feels like a gem now....

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Taylor stays cementing her legacy as the McDonalds of the music industry ... an inconceivably cheap, overly-manufactured inorganic product that manages to slay its competitors on the sales front due to its cheap, systematic construction that makes it highly accessible, highly affordable, and widely consumed.

Concert Stars
    So much hate for the video. The video is awesome. I think it fits the video very well.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Very happy she finally called herself pop. Now I can honestly give her a point or two for finally coming clean and being honest with who she is.

The song itself is catchy but not very lyrically strong. But she is feeding candy to pop fans and they will eat it up. So it will be successful.

Oddly I find the album cover very boring. I am shocked it looks so rough.
    haha I think she's trying to go all retro chic. didn't work out though.

Hmmm based on the fact that Taylor is calling her album and maybe herself pop I'm going to be nice to her this era, ok so here is my opinion its not that bad (please note I listen to the song but I was paying attention mostly to the trumpets.)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Oh goodness I haven't listened to the song but I just heard a snippet of it on Good Morning America and I think that the past couple of nights they've played it on the Cody Alan After Midnight show. It's been the strangest experience because this song comes on and its played but it doesn't fit with the other songs that have been played. And you know how they do bumpers and tell you the artist and the song, well nothing is said about this song AT ALL!!!! It's like they're doing a test of the song but not giving the audience any details. I tell you its been very strange -- last night I even said out loud to no one but myself, who in the world is singing that song and why is it being played on this country station!!!!

Concert Stars
    This song being played on country is sad. Country just doesn't want to let her ago. It's no longer her managements fault (SB) because she said it's a pop album. I don't even understand why some country stations would even bother. (Maybe they are desperate? So much bro country they want new music. Lol)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh goodness I haven't listened to the song but I just heard a snippet of it on Good Morning America and I think that the past couple of nights they've played it on the Cody Alan After Midnight show. It's been the strangest experience because this song comes on and its played but it doesn't fit with the other songs that have been played. And you know how they do bumpers and tell you the artist and the song, well nothing is said about this song AT ALL!!!! It's like they're doing a test of the song but not giving the audience any details. I tell you its been very strange -- last night I even said out loud to no one but myself, who in the world is singing that song and why is it being played on this country station!!!!
    I imagine BM bought spins on After Midnight as advertisement

My favourite part of the song is the trumpets...
    cmuf2011 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Do think she will be nominated for country awards with this album since she public said it was pop?

At least for cma fvoty, cause she labeled herself as country last year, and part of this year and as you guys know there's a shortage of female artist on country radio.

•  
    Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast