Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1120Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift- "1989" Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    and of course, we all know it will sell 1M its first week. Or damn near close or a little over. She's extremely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    Oh they do, I did not know that..
    Yeah! just read the comments on YouTube : Im a fan of Taylor but I don't like this song.

Im disappointed.

I LOVE Taylor but this is her worst song ever!

I want the old Taylor back!

and all the comments are like that!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this almost-25 year-old woman is still churning out corny, embarrassing teenybopper tunes, and yet she's still highly acclaimed and respected as an "artist." I swear this chick is Britney Spears with pen and paper.
    I know, but people love her because she brings in a lot of money and attention for them. I think she releases this music, because she herself is immature for her age. While it is obvious that she has more drive and ambition that your average almost 25 year old, she still seems immature for her age. I am only a little over 3 years older than her, and I can't fathom how somebody her age, is still singing songs geared to 14 and 15 year olds only. Because while the message is good, it just does not appeal to someone of my advanced age of 28 lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Yeah! just read the comments on YouTube : Im a fan of Taylor but I don't like this song.

Im disappointed.

I LOVE Taylor but this is her worst song ever!

I want the old Taylor back!

and all the comments are like that!
    I liked Taylor's first 2 albums, I want that Taylor back too, and I want her to release more songs like BTD.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love the song! Totally her style! Shake shake shake shake! Best of luck in the pop world taylor!
    mtreasmith likes this.

Haven't listened based on what I've read I don't think I want too not a fan of rap, just wondering can you guys hear the trumpets in the song, and if so where in the song can you hear them the best, I want to hear the trumpets but I don't want to listen to the song.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    Haven't listened based on what I've read I don't think I want too not a fan of rap, just wondering can you guys hear the trumpets in the song, and if so where in the song can you hear them the best, I want to hear the trumpets but I don't want to listen to the song.
    It's not exactly prominent at any one spot - it's more constant throughout the whole song. It's not like Jason Derulo's Trumpets where there's a breakdown of trumpets. It sounds a bit like Rihanna's Umbrella.

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    I think it's hella catchy!!! I've only listened once and it's already stuck in my head! Idk how it'll do at pop radio but they seem to be digging that style right now so hopefully it's a big hit for her!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Tried to listen twice to the song but was not able to get through the song yet. If it was not for her popularity doubt this woul be a hit.

Concert Stars
    Haha! I just told my 2 grandkids that some Carrie fans like TS's new song/video. The 9 yr old shuddered, and the 12 yr old said "that's crazy!" Again -- I have not stated my opinion. Certainly a learning experience for me -- thought they would like it since it's seems so immature (to me). They still think it's for "young kids". They turned on Perry's "Firework" video…then Blown Away… #ProudNana
    mtreasmith likes this.

This song is 100% pop (as in no futute country remix,) This song is not going to appear on any country charts right?

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUDomination View Post
    I think it's hella catchy!!! I've only listened once and it's already stuck in my head! Idk how it'll do at pop radio but they seem to be digging that style right now so hopefully it's a big hit for her!
    Shake shake shake!

Concert Stars

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I dont like this song or video. Sorry but I don't think it sounds like something a 24 year old women would sing. I'm not going to judge whole cd on this song. I don't like WANEGBT and 22, but I liked the majority of Red cd. I'll judge cd when it comes out.
    Apparently, Taylor's co-written two songs for the new album with Ryan Tedder (who also collaborated with Carrie on "Good in Goodbye").
    Carrie's connection with Tedder may stem from the fact that he's from Tulsa, and is related to the Sons of Sylvia - but his more usual musical association is also with the Pop world.

Taylor's new single is co-written with Max Martin and Shellback - who, of course, were the team behind a couple of the best known singles on her last album. I don't think those lead singles were typical of the last album, which had a more alternative feel to some of the songs. Hence, I agree, it may be premature to judge the album as a whole on this. However, Martin and Shellback have around seven cuts this time - so the album is certainly going more in their direction.

Taylor also has two co-writes with US rocker Jack Antonoff, and one with English singer, Imogen Heap. Both those artists would be considered alternative.
    I believe Taylor has only one solo write this time

Carrie Guru
    I think it's catchy. Vocally, if I didn't know it was Taylor and I heard this on the radio I wouldn't have recognized her voice.

Concert Stars
    ^^oh the joys of auto-tune and technology :-)
    Gator and mtreasmith like this.

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I think it's catchy. Vocally, if I didn't know it was Taylor and I heard this on the radio I wouldn't have recognized her voice.
    Right?? It doesn't even sound like her!

The new single sounds very far from the types of music I'm interested in, so the best thing I can do is not try to evaluate it musically, and leave it to those with more feel for that style.

The lyrics though are here:
    Taylor Swift - Shake It Off Lyrics

An interesting point is that she seems to be addressing some of the frequent complaints of her detractors, especially here:
    "I go on too many dates
    But I can't make them stay
    At least that's what people say"

And in the refrain
    "the haters gonna hate, hate, hate"

It strikes me as a bit simplistic, and less insightful than some of her songs - but I'm sure the note of defiance will resonate with many of her fan base.

Someone should work some technology magic and upload an instrumental verision of the song thanks to faraway I know that the song is repetitive seriously based on the lyrics Taylor, Max and the other guy used Shake/shake it off way too much. I want to judge the trumpets in this song, but I don't want to hear the rap, the autotune, et . Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    This song is 100% pop (as in no futute country remix,) This song is not going to appear on any country charts right?
    Whether it appears on official Country charts will depend on whether Mainstream Country reporting stations play it. I don't think they would - but only one major reporting station refused to play WANGBT - which is the reason it got into the Country top twenty (though I think not the top ten). That, though, was probably initially propelled automatically by the knee jerk effect of it being Taylor - and that will have had diminishing returns. Since then she's had singles that weren't sent to Country, a fair bit of musical controversy in Country circles, and clear messages that she and her label are calling it Pop.

•  
    Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast