Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Jenny Lewis - "The Voyager" era.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar

Jenny Lewis - "The Voyager" era.

This is Jenny's third album release as a "solo" artist (i.e. solo in the sense of the release not being under the name of a band, although the first of those albums was actually a collaboration with the Watson Twins). Compared to the other two, "Rabbit Fur Coat" and "Acid Tongue", this one has a lighter, more polished, studio sound. It's produced by Ryan Adams, and may appeal to fans who enjoy an adult Pop sound, mixed with Alt Country influences - and presented in the personalized confessional singer-songwriter style.

This is the official lead video (the quick-change images actually made me think in places of the visual style of Carrie's "All American Girl" video)

The songs themselves, though are perhaps more likely to appeal to Taylor Swift fans - or at least to those who prefer that style to go in a more mature direction.
    There may not be much here for Mainstream or Traditional Country fans - but the Alt Country influences are still evident, particularly in songs like "She's Not Me" or "Late Bloomer" (the latter in particular reminded me a little of Lindi Ortega)

You can hear the whole album (about 40 mins) here:
    Jenny lewis -The Voyager Full Album 2014 - YouTube
    rainbow1 likes this.