• 2 Post By MelissaD
  • 1 Post By MelissaD
  • 2 Post By MelissaD
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 3 Post By txacar
  • 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: LeAnn Rimes Performs "The Rose" with The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles

Concert Stars

LeAnn Rimes Performs "The Rose" with The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles

Beautiful performance by one of music's greatest vocalists. I had never seen this video until today. So happy I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaROl1j-xBY

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Beautiful performance by one of music's greatest vocalists. I had never seen this video until today. So happy I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaROl1j-xBY
    What a beautiful voice!!
    Suellen and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Regardless of what people think of LeAnn's life choices and whatnot, it has absolutely nothing to do with her music and talent - and there is no way that anyone can deny her talent. Her voice has always been a gem. She and Carrie are my fav voices in country music, actually.

She did a great job on the Star Spangled Banner a few months back. It's a shame that most of the comments in the video are bashing her for something that has nothing at all to do with the performance. Smh.

txacar and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    This is really beautiful!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm not a hardcore fan of LeAnn's by any stretch of the imagination, but - as someone that supports and appreciates extraordinary talent & loves to see it prevail and prosper in this industry, it really ticks me off that country music pretty much totally disowned her after she went in a slightly more pop-leaning direction on one album; and yet, they continue to champion, embrace, and reward a marginally talented singer/songwriter that has been recording watered-down pseudo-country pop fluff since pretty much the dawn of her career, and has been straying farther and farther away from the country genre ever since. What's with the double standard? Is it because LeAnn wasn't a huge success in the pop market, so Nashville didn't want to "re-claim" her as their own based on pride and principle? A "if she isn't good enough for pop, then she surely isn't good enough for us" kind of mentality? But, on the other hand, this other girl's massive success in pop music with her teenybopper sound makes them "look good"? Is that it?
    jaylee50 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Btw, this song and LeAnn's voice on it are absolutely gorgeous.

I actually think that she and Carrie can sound similar at times. Maybe it's because they're two of the only soprano voices in country music, and they both sometimes use a heavier, deeper tone in order to sound even more country.
    txacar and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru

This one is a good one --beautiful voice !!
    GumbyJRH and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    ^I hear what you are saying. I now take what I like and leave the rest. There's no justice in country music. A world of hurt and resentment if you allow it. Their treatment of Carrie in the BA era was disgraceful.

As for LeAnn, my son and daughter in law saw her at theater in the round. A very intimate setting with just LeAnn sitting on a plain wooden chair, talking to the audience, her voice pitch perfect with just one guitar in the background. They said it was the best concert they had ever attended.

Someone tweeted the link to her studio version of "Borrowed." One of the best country songs I've ever heard and her vocals are unbelievable. How was this not a #1 hit?? (I don't know how to download the video, but here's the link.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPmhh3euS0
    Last edited by txacar; 08-10-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    jaylee50, Smokyiiis and Mirasa45A like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^I hear what you are saying. I now take what I like and leave the rest. There's no justice in country music. A world of hurt and resentment if you allow it. Their treatment of Carrie in the BA era was disgraceful.

As for LeAnn, my son and daughter in law saw her at theater in the round. A very intimate setting with just LeAnn sitting on a plain wooden chair, talking to the audience, her voice pitch perfect with just one guitar in the background. They said it was the best concert they had ever attended.

Someone tweeted the link to her studio version of "Borrowed." One of the best country songs I've ever heard and her vocals are unbelievable. How was this not a #1 hit?? (I don't know how to download the video, but here's the link.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPmhh3euS0

If I remember correctly it got great write-ups and then NOTHING. I personally LOVE it!
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    I'm not a hardcore fan of LeAnn's by any stretch of the imagination, but - as someone that supports and appreciates extraordinary talent & loves to see it prevail and prosper in this industry, it really ticks me off that country music pretty much totally disowned her after she went in a slightly more pop-leaning direction on one album; and yet, they continue to champion, embrace, and reward a marginally talented singer/songwriter that has been recording watered-down pseudo-country pop fluff since pretty much the dawn of her career, and has been straying farther and farther away from the country genre ever since. What's with the double standard? Is it because LeAnn wasn't a huge success in the pop market, so Nashville didn't want to "re-claim" her as their own based on pride and principle? A "if she isn't good enough for pop, then she surely isn't good enough for us" kind of mentality? But, on the other hand, this other girl's massive success in pop music with her teenybopper sound makes them "look good"? Is that it?
    Politics and money making have always been the standard in Country music. At least since the 80's.
    IF she were making them money she would still be on top in thier industry. Talent has nothing to do with it. (which is very hard for me to say cause when I really started paying attention to this genre and carrie Underwood, I believed she was welcomed in cause she was so talented she could not be ignored. But that is simply not true.

"She sold 7 million copies of her first album and has gone platnium ever since! That is why she is still within the industry. Otherwise she would have been long gone".

The marginally talented celebrity you are refering to still makes them alot of money and creates noteriety. No matter how far removed she is from the genre at this point, they still cling to her. Its just sad at this point.

I do agree that Leanne is a very talented singer and deserves more support fro the industry than she has recieved in the last several years. But at the end of the day, if she does not make them money (and these days you have to make them ALOT of money) then you are just not going to be supported.
    Smokyiiis, MelissaD and txacar like this.

Regardless of what people think of LeAnn's life choices and whatnot, it has absolutely nothing to do with her music and talent - and there is no way that anyone can deny her talent. Her voice has always been a gem. She and Carrie are my fav voices in country music, actually.

She did a great job on the Star Spangled Banner a few months back. It's a shame that most of the comments in the video are bashing her for something that has nothing at all to do with the performance. Smh.
    I don't care about her personal life or anyone else's. As long as their music is amazing I don't care. I like people to be good role models like Carrie. In the real world, this is including legends, not all of them are good role models. The talent is all that should matter. She is such talented artist and has such beautiful singing voice. Its shame how she is ignored. All this happened such long time ago you would think people would just let it go.
    txacar likes this.

•