Adele upcoming album thread

Since several people wants to talk about Adele upcoming album I figure she might as well have her own thread. So discuss...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will go copy my post from the Taylor thread and put it here. Thanks for starting!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    (Copied and re-posted from the TS new album thread)

I loved 21, but I never listened to Adele's first album and was only familiar with Chasing Pavement at the time. I agree that Adele is something refreshing in the current market, but in the 90s she may not have stood out as much with Mariah and Celine and other powerhouse singers. I thought that I read somewhere (probably on here since it is where I get most of my music news) that Adele's new album would be "happier" and while I'm glad for her that she didn't have a big breakup to write about, I honestly love the heartbreak songs and the sound of 21. I love that it's melancholy. I'm not so sure how I am going to feel about happy songs, lol. Then again, Adele is amazingly talented vocally and I'm sure she can put just as much emotion, albeit a different kind of emotion, into the new songs. I think 21 will be hard to top - her biggest competition for the new album will be her prior work.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I posted this in the Swift thread regarding the time between Adele's albums.

I think that her priorities in life changed after she had her baby and music isn't as high on the priority list as it use to be, which I love seeing.

Being a mom is her # 1 priority now and the music will come when it comes.

Imo for first week sales it depends on the lead single. If I remember correctly 21 is certified diamond or close to it, so first week sales is going to be 500k plus at the lowest. However whether or not it sells 1 million plus in the first week depends on the lead single. After all a singer is one of those jobs where you are hot one day and the next day you are yesterday news aka someone is knockin at your door eager to take your place. Now just because you are yesterday news doesn't mean you aren't in the music industry anybody it just mean that you won't be get as much nomination, and that you'll have less airplay. Adele had a child so she obviously took a break so the question is did her fanbase move on to another artist, or are they eagerly waiting to hear news about this upcoming album.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    (Copied and re-posted from the TS new album thread)

I loved 21, but I never listened to Adele's first album and was only familiar with Chasing Pavement at the time. I agree that Adele is something refreshing in the current market, but in the 90s she may not have stood out as much with Mariah and Celine and other powerhouse singers. I thought that I read somewhere (probably on here since it is where I get most of my music news) that Adele's new album would be "happier" and while I'm glad for her that she didn't have a big breakup to write about, I honestly love the heartbreak songs and the sound of 21. I love that it's melancholy. I'm not so sure how I am going to feel about happy songs, lol. Then again, Adele is amazingly talented vocally and I'm sure she can put just as much emotion, albeit a different kind of emotion, into the new songs. I think 21 will be hard to top - her biggest competition for the new album will be her prior work.
    Katy Perry said PRISM would be darker then 'Roar' happened.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Katy Perry said PRISM would be darker then 'Roar' happened.
    Thanks to this post, I now have Roar stuck in my head.

•