Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift - Upcoming 2014 Album Era

Concert Stars

Taylor Swift - Upcoming 2014 Album Era

Wanted to get a thread started about the new album.

Scott Borchetta has already made comments about it being basically a pop album mostly collaborated on by Max Martin. He says that Taylor fans are going to love it, but country is not likely to play full on pop songs.
    "But.." he adds "they will certainly come out to hear her sing them!"

I am pensively excited to think that she has fully moved forward with her heart and soul firmly in place with a commitment to make the music she wants to make.
    I will continue to find it amusing that likely we will still have to argue with eachother about it being a country album ha ha ha....(just because you make an apple pie in a tobbaco factory, it hardly makes it tobbaco, and it most certainly remains an apple pie!)

I look forward to the apple pie. As long as Taylor is making pop music and it is good, I am very happy. People have long since stopped calling her a genius or a country singer, so I can finally rest.....

and just enjoy the music......I hope its good!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just hope that country music finally decides to let her go. No more radio play for the new songs if they are all pop (fine, if they want to play her "country" catalog of past singles), no more promotion on GAC and CMT, and no more award nominations. Taylor is obviously ready to move on and be a full blown pop artist and I hope the country music industry finally lets go. Since Scott B. is still involved, does this mean she will still technically be on the Big Machine label?

With that said, I really liked Speak Now, I love the Red album, and I am excited to hear what she has in store for the next one. I find myself listening to Red quite frequently.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I just hope that country music finally decides to let her go. No more radio play for the new songs if they are all pop (fine, if they want to play her "country" catalog of past singles), no more promotion on GAC and CMT, and no more award nominations. Taylor is obviously ready to move on and be a full blown pop artist and I hope the country music industry finally lets go. Since Scott B. is still involved, does this mean she will still technically be on the Big Machine label?

With that said, I really liked Speak Now, I love the Red album, and I am excited to hear what she has in store for the next one. I find myself listening to Red quite frequently.
    YEah, as of now, everything is exactly the same for this era as it has been for each of her eras. She makes the music she wants and enjoys, and then everyone argues about weather it is pop music or not because she is under a country label. IT will be the same this time. Which is rediculous.

Again, just cause a cat is in the dog shop doesn't make it a dog!!!!!

The one difference is that Billboard seems to like to make their own distictions about songs and how they are catagorized.
    I think this is just like of a gimmicky thing they do now with Taylor casue it creates articles and buzz.
    But they do decide how to catagorize a song. But I think it is selective and rather intentionally done.
    There is no doubt that Red was a pop album, and I have zero doubt the new one will be to.
    But because it is being distributed under a country label, I guess it creates ambiguity. I don't think it does. A cat is still a cat!
    So we will see. I know what it will be and I will like it for what it is. Pop music. And I will try hard not to engage in arguments about "it has a deeper country root reach than other titles so one could call it a country song" Nonsense, and I will try not to engage. ha ha ha.......

Who has she dated?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Who has she dated?
    I'm thinkin' they are going with a different angle this time.
    Angle they will have, but probably not that one again.
    The whole Harry Styles thing did not go that well in her favor and I think they are all just well aware that doing the "who is she dating now" angle is played out, and also damaging to her image at this point.

But I put nothing past her people so who knows......

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I'm thinkin' they are going with a different angle this time.
    Angle they will have, but probably not that one again.
    The whole Harry Styles thing did not go that well in her favor and I think they are all just well aware that doing the "who is she dating now" angle is played out, and also damaging to her image at this point.

But I put nothing past her people so who knows......
    Yeah, I also get the impression her "people" are trying to steer her away from relationships for awhile.

It is hurting her image a bit at this point, and it will probably only help her not to be seen in the tabloids with some new guy for a few months or around the time her album is released.

I read awhile back that Taylor said she's done with guys, but considering Taylor has contradicted herself quite a bit on the subject of relationships, I wouldn't be surprised if she was told to lay low for awhile LOL.

On the subject of music, though, I think it would help her to broaden the spectrum a bit, and moving away from constantly writing about romantic relationships might be refreshing to those who see her as stale.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Honestly, it's been quite a while since Taylor publicly dated anyone.

I really enjoyed the Red album, so I'm looking forward to what Taylor comes up with next. IMO she showed a lot of growth on Red compared to her first three albums. It's unfortunate that her label focused almost entirely on the pop singles, and I think that really hurt Taylor's image among country fans. There were some really great country/pop songs on the album (All Too Well, I Almost Do, Treacherous, Sad Beautiful Tragic), but aside from Begin Again none of them were released for the general public to hear on the radio.

It definitely sounds like they will continue focusing on pop during this upcoming area, and tbh I think that's good as Taylor seems to fit very well in that genre. Although she never actually wins anything at country award shows anymore, I'd like to see her albums stop getting nominated even when they are as pop as Red was. It's a great album, but there are other albums that would have been more deserving of Country Album of the Year nominations.
    Farawayhills and pklongbeach like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    However popular they were, the Martin/Shellback songs were a complete turn-off for me - so if she's going more in that direction, it's not likely to be my cup of tea (but I doubt if she, or her fans, are going to lose any sleep over that, lol)

As a whole, though, "Red" was a strong album, and I agree, it showed growth, often with lyrical insight and interesting music. Having taken little actual interest in her earlier work, I'd vaguely settled for her reputation for teenage confessional diary songs - so "Red" came as something of a revelation, in terms of showing her wider potential. For the first time, I was able to see that the mutual admiration between her and Ryan Adams did amount to actual musical and thematic influence. Whatever anyone else here may feel, I'm convinced that there was an Alt Country flavour to some of the songs on "Red".

She'll obviously (and rightly) plow her own furrow - but, for what little it's worth, what I'd like to see is for her to work with Jeff Bhasker again ("Holy Ground", "the Lucky One"), let Liz Rose and Nathan Chapman help her develop more gems like "All Too Well", keep exploring the Alternative, folk-tinged collaborations with people like Gary Lightbody and Ed Sheeran - and (although it wasn't strictly part of the "Red" era) allow the clear rapport she had with Joy Williams bear fruit in developing her vocal style.
    epicamends and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Guru
    I don't mean any offence, but I just had to chuckle to myself that pklongbeach started this thread.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I don't mean any offence, but I just had to chuckle to myself that pklongbeach started this thread.
    I demand to be allowed to start the official new album thread because I am actually a fan of Taylor Swift.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    I demand to be allowed to start the official new album thread because I am actually a fan of Taylor Swift.
    I think pklongbeach really is a fan deep down because for good or bad he can't stop talking about her. : )
    pklongbeach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Honestly, it's been quite a while since Taylor publicly dated anyone.

I really enjoyed the Red album, so I'm looking forward to what Taylor comes up with next. IMO she showed a lot of growth on Red compared to her first three albums. It's unfortunate that her label focused almost entirely on the pop singles, and I think that really hurt Taylor's image among country fans. There were some really great country/pop songs on the album (All Too Well, I Almost Do, Treacherous, Sad Beautiful Tragic), but aside from Begin Again none of them were released for the general public to hear on the radio.

It definitely sounds like they will continue focusing on pop during this upcoming area, and tbh I think that's good as Taylor seems to fit very well in that genre. Although she never actually wins anything at country award shows anymore, I'd like to see her albums stop getting nominated even when they are as pop as Red was. It's a great album, but there are other albums that would have been more deserving of Country Album of the Year nominations.
    She only needs ONE country single to get nominated. Look at Kelly Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    She only needs ONE country single to get nominated. Look at Kelly Clarkson.
    Let's face it, Taylor doesn't even need a country single. lol. Big Machine is still a country label, so whether anyone likes it or not they will get Taylor nominated for as many awards as they can. But as we've seen, that doesn't mean she'll actually win.
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

So I'm assuming this album is going to be pop album labeled as pop unlike red which was a pop album labeled as country.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    So I'm assuming this album is going to be pop album labeled as pop unlike red which was a pop album labeled as country.
    Make no assumptions. She is still on a country record label so who knows what they will try.
    pklongbeach likes this.

It will be labeled as both pop and country, since she has contracts with both pop and country record labels. I don't know why anyone thinks she will suddenly drop the country label. Regardless of what her music sounds like, she will continue to be labeled as country, and the country industry hasn't given any indication that they have a problem with that as they still nominate her for various awards and invite her to all the country events. In fact, they seem desperate to claim her as one of their own.
    nccountrygal and pklongbeach like this.

Didn't think she would drop big machine just thought that big machine would label it as pop, Big Machine is a huge label imo it has more than enough money to become an all genre like Sony if it wanted to, know it is primarily country but it isn't like they can't branch out

I think the fact that we haven't been seeing much of Taylor's love life in tabloids since "Red" was released, gives me hope that her topics will be broader this time around.

Looking at all the pop stars in the industry right now.... (and I don't count people like Adele as one)... she is definitely my fave one, so I'm really looking forward to new music from her.

P.S. I hope that she will still have tracks like All Too Well on the new album... and not just IKYWT kind of songs.
    Last edited by HuiZ; 06-11-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Max Martin Produced ‘Most Of’ Taylor Swift’s New Album

Taylor Swift always walked a thin line between country and pop music up until 2012′s Red, which more or less marked the completion of her transformation from sweet country songstress to the biggest pop superstar on the planet. Fans who were hoping that the top-forty-friendly Red was just a phase for Tay Tay might be disappointed by her upcoming fifth studio album, with a recent article in Rolling Stone hinting that the record could be her poppiest work to date.

“I Knew You Were Trouble” and “22″ hitmaker Max Martin has apparently worked “on most of” Tay Tay’s new album, while Scott Borchetta –who discovered Taylor and heads her label, Big Machine Records– said that he doesn’t expect country radio to play her new pop songs.

“Taylor fans are going to love it,” Borchetta said about the new album. “Will country stations play a complete pop song just because it’s her? No. But when she comes to town, her friends at country radio will come and see her.”

After climbing to the top of the musical food chain with the quadruple-platinum Speak Now and Red, you can’t really blame Taylor for not wanting to return to being a crossover country artist like Carrie Underwood and Kacey Musgraves — even if it does mean that her new tunes lack the charm of her earlier work.

You know what would be perfect? If Max Martin made a bunch of country-pop fusion songs for Taylor just like his underrated Carrie Underwood production, “Quitter.” That’d be a win for everybody.

popdust.com/2014/06/11/max-martin-produced-taylor-swifts-new-album/

Bpz2oq9IUAAhPhq.jpg
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

In what way is Kacey Musgraves a crossover artist?

•  
    Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast