Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Lady Antebellum - Bartender Era

Huge Carrie Follower

Lady Antebellum - Bartender Era

In a backstage interview from Saturday night with TheNew93Q (it is posted on stations fb page) Hillary said the new single Bartender she sings lead on it and thing she loves about it, it is about a girl who takes the reigns of her heartbreak and her breakup and she just wants to get out and forget about this dude who totally crushed her heart by bringing out her girls and just having a fun night. Charles said the true inspiration for the song was when he and Dave went out country club after a couple shows and noticed the only songs of theirs that fit was Downtown and Looking For A Good Time so they needed more songs like that. He mentioned like Luke songs where people just get up and dance.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Available digitally May 20.
    New picture included in article

Lady Antebellum release first single from new album

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I'm still waiting to hear this. Haven't found anyone that is willing to comment it on it yet.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneal View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear this. Haven't found anyone that is willing to comment it on it yet.
    I haven't heard it on the radio yet. Are you saying you know people who have heard it but don't want to say if like it or not?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Yes Radio People have the mp3 and some have heard it. Also Nashville Becca heard it and still hasn't given any details from the other day.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Lady A is set to release yet another cd?
    That'll be 5 in 6 years plus a release? I think they're glutting the market just a bit.

Golden was the mistake...they rushed that out.They should have just taken the whole time off while Hillary was pregnant and on maternity leave and then started fresh.This makes them seem a tad desperate.

Anxious to hear this new sound of theirs.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneal View Post
    Yes Radio People have the mp3 and some have heard it. Also Nashville Becca heard it and still hasn't given any details from the other day.
    Didn't Nashville Becca said the liked the songs she heard? I thought it would be available on itunes today. I'm ready to hear the song and a little nervous too. I like uptempo songs but I don't want it to be so far from who Lady A are that it doesn't sound like them.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Lady A is set to release yet another cd?
    That'll be 5 in 6 years plus a release? I think they're glutting the market just a bit.

Golden was the mistake...they rushed that out.They should have just taken the whole time off while Hillary was pregnant and on maternity leave and then started fresh.This makes them seem a tad desperate.

Anxious to hear this new sound of theirs.
    I think they could have put Golden on hold till the fall and released it instead of releasing Golden Deluxe. They weren't out of public eye that long with Hillary's maternity leave. Their last show was mid June before she went on leave and they were back making tv appearances in October.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    She said she liked all three songs she heard but was asked not to give any details until Monday.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool I'm totally gonna their next album after it comes out on May 20

Huge Carrie Follower
    Nashville, TN – May 12, 2014 – Seven-time GRAMMY award winning trio Lady Antebellum dropped the lead single “Bartender” off their upcoming fifth studio album today. The swampy, sultry breakup anthem is available at Country Radio now and will be available for purchase at digital retailers on May 20.

Written by Lady A’s Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott and co-writer Rodney Clawson, the trio enlisted Nathan Chapman to co-produce the new single featuring Scott’s lead vocal and the trio’s signature harmonies.

“For this new stuff, we wanted keep the core of Lady A, while also experimenting with new sounds and ideas,” said Kelley. “Nathan was really instrumental in pushing us to try different harmonies and new songs that were a little out of the box for us. There’s a lot of energy that comes with those changes and ‘Bartender’ is just of taste of what we’ve been working on.”

Rather than the late night drunk-dial approach of the band's international smash hit "Need You Now," these lyrics are poised to become a female anthem centered around washing an ex's memory away with whiskey on a wild girls' night out.

“I love this song because there’s something empowering about not going for the rebound or just moping around over a guy,” said Scott. “There are those times in your life when you need to feel sorry for yourself and be sad, but this song is all about hitting the dance floor with your girlfriends and just forgetting him.”

“We’ve been crazy busy writing, and when we’re this deep into it, we get so excited about new music that we can’t wait to get it out,” added Dave Haywood. “We’ve been outdoors playing amphitheaters and are loving the energy that the fans bring to those outdoor shows. So, when we sat down to write with Rodney for the first time, we really wanted some new stuff to keep fans on their feet.”

The trio is set to perform the new single when they kick off Good Morning America’s summer concert series live from Central Park on May 23. From New York City, the trio will continue on their headlining 2014 TAKE ME DOWNTOWN TOUR
    email : Webview : Lady Antebellum Calls on "Bartender" for 1st Single From Upcoming Album!

Huge Carrie Follower

Huge Carrie Follower
    Small sample of Bartender

Lady Antebellum, ?Bartender? [Listen]
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    This will be a big hit. If this doesn't get them some momentum and sales, I don't know what they can do.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacks78 View Post
    Small sample of Bartender

Lady Antebellum, ?Bartender?
    [Listen]
    this isn't bad ( not fond of the lyrics or the premise ) but I hear no new sound.Sounds exactly like all their other stuff.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I don't think this sounds anything like their old stuff.

Huge Carrie Follower
    For anyone who hasn't heard the whole song. And I don't think it sounds like any thing they've done, and I like the song, not loving it yet. I do like Hillary on lead and songs when she sings lead all do well.

@WindmillsMusic ICYMI: Stream Lady Antebellum's new single "Bartender" in full here: mms://206.53.211.116/verifiedwma/2023392.wma (open URL in media player)

Concert Stars
    Well, of course my first thought is, "can no one write a country song anymore that is not about going to the bar to party and get drunk??"

I mean I know there have always been songs like that, but that is all that is coming out and its so void of any interest.....

Ok so the song, it sounds pretty standard LA, not nearly as good as compass, and I don't feel it as a lead single. It most certainly will not cross over, and I can't imagine it encouraging anyone to buy the album who is not already a devoted fan.

As for LA in general. I think they are just delievering too much product to the market place to quickly and it is all becoming rather confusing....
    I mean if this is the lead single to a new album and compass was the bait for a Gold Album, it is just confusing to me, that they would want me to run out and buy a Gold Album and then turn around a put out an entire album of new music.....

Like...what do you want me to buy??

I just think its a little too much....

They should have either held on to compass to use as the lead for this album or waited a while after compass to start promo for a whole new era.....

Its all running together way too much....and I don't think they are strong enough to get any dcent numbers when they put it all out so randomly....

Oh well, we'll see. I like them. I just think the mangement is getting alittle shaky...

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I think this is much catchier than Compass and will do well in sales. I don't like the sound of Hillary's voice in the verses. If feels like she's trying to sound like she's rapping or have a hip hop effect. This is the first song with her on lead that I don't particularly like the way she sounds but IMO this will do well with the young bro country crowd and dance crowd.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Isn't this the sound Nathan Chapman wanted though? I don't know that this song will draw in more fans and be a huge hit for them. I mean it might go #1 (not sure what radio competition it will have) and go platinum, but I'm not sure this will be some multi platinum selling single. And this one is going to have to grow on me. I've seen a couple radio member say they like it and others say its ok. I think it will be helped by performing on GMA next Friday and possibly at CMT Awards if asked to perform. And all of this is under their new management cause they left Borman end of last yr.

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast