Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Brad Paisley Upcoming Album

Brad Paisley Upcoming Album

Well we know what week Carrie will not be releasing her album August 26, 2014 cause that is when Brad is releasing his album. Of course Carrie can get a number 1 if she released the same week as Brad but don't think Carrie would want to release the same week, with Brad being her friend and all.

Lead Single River Bank is currently at #21

Brad Paisley‘s next album has a due date. Fans can expect his new album to hit stores on August 26, but that’s about all he’s sharing at this point.

Paisley’s ninth studio album will include his current single ‘River Bank,’ and will likely not be called ‘Thoughts from a Bumpkin.’ That’s what he said the working title was last month — he also shared he built a bar in his studio for the band to choose drinks from while recording.

The result is “some of the best songs I’ve ever hooked,”*he says*of the cuts penned between January and March.

Three days after the new album drops Paisley will be on ‘Good Morning America,’ performing for their summer concert series. This should be a big year for the singer. He’s also*rumored*to be a judge on a new ABC reality singing competition show called ‘Rising Star
    Brad Paisley to Release New Album in August

Concert Stars
    I like Brad alot. I like his writing and I like that it stays well within country but does not often fall prey to the cliches.

Wth that said, Riverbank does not feel that strong to me. It feels abit like all the "brad-isms" mashed into one song, and it kind of falls flat in that it is "so" signature Brad that there is nothing all that unique or special about it.

Brad comes up with really interesting and cool things to theme his songs around, but I am nervous if the lead single centers around "a riverbank".

Hoping there will be better offerings. I dont dislike the song, just not a standout. It is almost "too brad" for me somehow.

Fingers still crossed. I like him and his abilities a great deal.......

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I like Brad alot. I like his writing and I like that it stays well within country but does not often fall prey to the cliches.

Wth that said, Riverbank does not feel that strong to me. It feels abit like all the "brad-isms" mashed into one song, and it kind of falls flat in that it is "so" signature Brad that there is nothing all that unique or special about it.

Brad comes up with really interesting and cool things to theme his songs around, but I am nervous if the lead single centers around "a riverbank".

Hoping there will be better offerings. I dont dislike the song, just not a standout. It is almost "too brad" for me somehow.

Fingers still crossed. I like him and his abilities a great deal.......
    When I first heard this song of Brad's, I kinda thought or felt like it was 'bro-country' lite. In other words, it uses some of the catch words found in the awful songs of FGL & LB but done with Bradisms!! Does that make sense?

It's not my favorite Brad song but at least it isn't as bad as any of the FGL or LB songs!

pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    YEs, I do hear some of the cliches.

The real problem I have is, I think it is ok to use verbage that puts the listener in the state of mind that the writer wants them in. That is done in music and lyric writing all the time.
    but the songs themselves should still have something to say or some interesting take on a subject. Just a laundry list of country words all strung together is not a song! And so many of the bro-country songs out right now do that very thing.
    They are not "about anything"!! And though there is room for that, it should not be the entire industry!

This song of brads follows his formula of fleshing out a subject like Water or Online or other singular subjects, but when the subject is "Riverbank" and there is this huge proliferation of "backroad /down by the riverbank/shakin off her shorts/dancing with a drink in my hand" style songs. This feels like it falls into that catagory.

So where i think it has some of the signature Brad playful tongue-in-cheek moments, it also feels like it is taking full advantage of that whole bro-country concept. So I just don't know. I will have to hear it a few more times before I condemn it to trash. But I will say its going to be a close call...... ha ha ha....

Brad Paisley*has kept mum about many details for his forthcoming studio album, but he’s finally dished the album’s title, and it’s not ‘Thoughts From a Bumpkin.’The record will be titled ‘Moonshine in the Trunk,’ and it’s a reflection of how this project came together: with a*bar in the studio house*and a fun atmosphere. “At certain times, your career should be a party,” Paisley tells*Billboard. “It was a lot of fun this time. We built a bar in our studio house, and it was kind of a ‘if you build it, the band will come’ approach.”‘

Moonshine’ interestingly combines EDM and dubstep with classic country, and it’s possible that no one is more excited about this new sound than Paisley. “When you hear a banjo through stutter edit, it’s the coolest thing you ever heard,” he says. “I have a song that’s a basic love song, it’s got a great groove, and I cut this guitar part that gets distorted when I turn the nob up.”Adds the singer, “The rulebook’s gone, or was there ever one? They try, but I don’t play by it.”In fact, even though Paisley has found much success with 22 No. 1 singles, three Grammys, and 14 ACM Awards, he’s not focused on that in his music. ‘River Bank’ is a prime example; he sings about buying lottery tickets in order to afford a six-pack of beer, inspired by the country star’s roots in rural West Virginia.“If you were to hold me to a standard of, ‘What are you doing, singing about a scratch-off ticket at your level of success?’ then my music’s gonna be ridiculous,” he admits.Paisley’s*upcoming album*streets Aug. 26 and holds some of his*best songs ever, according to the singer.

Brad Paisley Reveals New Album's Title
    rainbow1 likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I guess here come the dubstep era of country .

It's not a new sound when The Lord did it with 'I Knew You Were Trouble.' already. That influence.

I really like 'River Bank' actually, but it just sounds so much like 'Beat This Summer' and 'Old Alabama' (love them both).

I'm not sure that I knew you were trouble counts mainly cause that song is classified as pop, in addition to never being released as country.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    I'm not sure that I knew you were trouble counts mainly cause that song is classified as pop, in addition to never being released as country.
    Well you don't know if Brad's will not be classified as pop and not be released at all.

Regardless, there are 'Red', Blake Shelton's 'Boys 'Round Here', and that No 1 hit I don't remember its name but now has Pitbull in it all have EDM elements.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    River Bank video published on May 24 is so interesting. The squirrel is very funny

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    River Bank is at #15 on Mediabase Country on May 29th at 3:14 am PST

No. Spins Bullet Audience impression
    15 3992 397 31.874

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    River Bank is at #15 on Mediabase Country on May 30th at 3:17 am PST

15 4040 367 32.157
    +48 -30 +0.283

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    River Bank is at #15 on Mediabase Country on May 31st at 3:19 am PST

15 4091 371 32.621
    +51 +4 +0.464

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    River Bank is at #13 on Mediabase Country on June 2nd at 3:14 am PST

13 4129 278 32.595
    +2 +14 -43 -0.150

Brad is leaking his album and one of the songs mentioned Carrie Underwood
    carrieismy1idol and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Which song is that? Guy is causing a riot on twitter!

Concert Stars
    Here's the "tease".

Suellen likes this.

rainbow1 likes this.

All sound good. Quite worried about his sales though with the declining sales and disappointing sales of 'River Bank'.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Brad is leaking his album and one of the songs mentioned Carrie Underwood
    Brads album listing is out and I think the Carrie mention would be in song #10 'Cover Girl'

1. ‘Crushin’ It’
    2. ‘River Bank
    3. ‘Perfect Storm’
    4. ‘High Life’
    5. ‘Moonshine in the Trunk’
    6. ‘Shattered Glass’
    7. ‘Limes’
    8. ‘You Shouldn’t Have To’
    9. ’4WP’
    10. ‘Cover Girl’
    11. ‘Gone Green’
    12. ‘JFK 1962′