• 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By dsfox2009
  • 1 Post By Carrieflattsfan

Thread: Christina Aguilera Tweet about her new music

Christina Aguilera Tweet about her new music

jaylee50 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm actually pretty excited about this. I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Lotus for what it was and thought that the album had some great tracks. I hope that she doesn't go into the studio with a set agenda and just lets the music come to her. No trying too hard to "come back" or sell out and make something extremely generic. I would love an album along the lines of Stripped, but that's never going to happen because that album was a masterpiece. I hope we get some ballads along the lines of Say Something or even Bound To You, though!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Christina is one of my favorite pop artist. Lotus is not her best but its not the worst album either. Christina excels at ballads. Christina, Sia and Samuel Dixon wrote Bound To You. Sia wrote some songs with Christina on Bionic and Lotus(ballad) as well. I actually like Bionic deluxe edition a lot. Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer, Bionic, You Lost Me, Stronger Than Ever, You Lost Me, I Am, All I Need and others are very good songs. I want her to work with Sia , Lindi Perry and some new people. Another song Sia wrote with Christina.

I am very excited to see what she is doing next. Bound To You and Say Something are very good songs.

Stripped and Back to Basics
    Bionc
    Lotus and Christina Aguilera

All her cds are good though.

Only her features turn into hits now. 'Moves Like Jagger', 'Feel This Moment', 'Say Something'.

It's rumoured that she's being replaced by Gwen Stefani on The Voice.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Only her features turn into hits now. 'Moves Like Jagger', 'Feel This Moment', 'Say Something'.

It's rumoured that she's being replaced by Gwen Stefani on The Voice.
    Why does it matter? She's a mother now, and has enough money to last her a lifetime.

I read that Christina still wanted to be part of "The Voice, " but bowed out because she'll be 8-9 months along when the season wraps up.
    lizcarlo likes this.

I think Christina just likes making music. I'm not saying she doesn't like to make money. I do think she has a love for music. I don't care if artist I like sells a ton or not. To me she makes great music. I think Bionic is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Why does it matter? She's a mother now, and has enough money to last her a lifetime.

I read that Christina still wanted to be part of "The Voice, " but bowed out because she'll be 8-9 months along when the season wraps up.
    It obviously mattered to her if she bothered enough to make an album with Max Martin, the maker of Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, and 'I Knew You Were Trouble.'. Or if she bothered enough to get featured on some of the hottest hit-makers such as Pitbull, Maroon 5, and Lady Gaga.

Concert Stars
    It obviously mattered to her if she bothered enough to make an album with Max Martin, the maker of Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, and 'I Knew You Were Trouble.'. Or if she bothered enough to get featured on some of the hottest hit-makers such as Pitbull, Maroon 5, and Lady Gaga.
    She didn't actually make an "album" with Martin, but rather two songs. Therefore that point is invalid. And I'm sure that those artists asked HER to be featured on their tracks, which is normally the protocol for such situations. And seeing as how she also collaborated with an act that was much less known during this time (A Great Big World), I don't really see how you can say that she is just desperately looking for collaborations to make herself relevant.

Personally, I feel that the underperformance of not only Christina's album but a few others as well is largely in fault to that of RCA Records. At the first sign of an album not selling as well as some of their artists' (JT, for example), they abandon ship and practically act like it never happens. What they should be doing is thinking about releasing a good single and video to get the general public more interested. For Christina, I think that releasing Just A Fool was the album's downfall when it comes to sales. As soon as it started sinking just a little, her label pulled the plug. Let There Be Love or Army of Me (in conjunction with a great video) could have saved the era a little. The same situation's have happened for a few artists this past year or so who have had underperforming album's (Britney's Britney Jean, Ke$ha's Warrior, etc). I hope that these artists realize that they aren't with the best of labels soon and start looking elsewhere.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Wait,Xtina is pregnant?
    lizcarlo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Wait,Xtina is pregnant?
    Yes she is. Matt Rutler is her fiancé.

iafrica.com Christina Aguilera pregnant and blissful
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Yes she is. Matt Rutler is her fiancé.

iafrica.com Christina Aguilera pregnant and blissful
    Where have I been lol thank you!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Where have I been lol thank you!
    Your Welcome.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    She didn't actually make an "album" with Martin, but rather two songs. Therefore that point is invalid. And I'm sure that those artists asked HER to be featured on their tracks, which is normally the protocol for such situations. And seeing as how she also collaborated with an act that was much less known during this time (A Great Big World), I don't really see how you can say that she is just desperately looking for collaborations to make herself relevant.

Personally, I feel that the underperformance of not only Christina's album but a few others as well is largely in fault to that of RCA Records. At the first sign of an album not selling as well as some of their artists' (JT, for example), they abandon ship and practically act like it never happens. What they should be doing is thinking about releasing a good single and video to get the general public more interested. For Christina, I think that releasing Just A Fool was the album's downfall when it comes to sales. As soon as it started sinking just a little, her label pulled the plug. Let There Be Love or Army of Me (in conjunction with a great video) could have saved the era a little. The same situation's have happened for a few artists this past year or so who have had underperforming album's (Britney's Britney Jean, Ke$ha's Warrior, etc). I hope that these artists realize that they aren't with the best of labels soon and start looking elsewhere.
    Making two singles would already be a sign of that. It's like you're saying Taylor Swift did not collaborate Max Martin with the pop hits ('We Are Never Getting Back Together' and 'I Knew You Were Trouble.'). She was also saying that this was her first 'pop' album when talking about Lotus.

When you agree to collaborate with Pitbull, it's very obvious that you're looking for a quick hit. Even Rihanna turned him down ('Timber').

---

She has always cared about sales, whether her fanatics like to believe it or not.

She argued against releasing 'So Emotional' but 'What a Girl Wants' because she felt the former would flop. She re-recorded 'Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)' to ensure a better performance after 'I Turn To You'. She insisted on being the highlight in 'Lady Marmalade'. She fought to have 'Beautiful' included on her album. She wanted to release 'Impossible' instead of 'The Voice Within' for the reason that it would lead the album to the R&B audience. She rewrote 'Hurt' to make it less personal and more sellable. She rush recorded 'Not Myself Tonight' after the underperformance of 'Lift Me Up'. She collaborated with Nicki Minaj, a rising star, on 'WooHoo'. She's made a pop mix out of 'You Lost Me'.

Concert Stars
    I love how this board is always quick to use Taylor Swift in any instance possible. Personally, I do feel as though the three Martin songs on Red are much more pop leaning than her previous material and that this was done with reason. Does that mean that I think the ENTIRE Red album took this approach? No, because those three songs stick out on Red like a sore thumb.

Do I feel like Your Body and LTBL stick out in a similar way on Lotus? Personally, no I don't. I think they transition the record from point A to point B well. But again, that's my personal opinion.

As for you're examples of going through basically all of her singles saying why you think she did what she did, I do not believe everything that you have to say. You may know a lot more about the music business than most, but it seems rather odd that you would know so much insider information on Christina's career when you aren't actually on her team in some way.

If I am coming off rude, I don't mean to be. I am a fan of all of Christina's work (other than a small fraction of the B2B album. If she would have released other songs as singles throughout her career then I would have supported them. I have more hopes that she is more of an artist than people give her credit for these days. Apparently I am in the minority though. And that is perfectly ok with me.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    I love how this board is always quick to use Taylor Swift in any instance possible. Personally, I do feel as though the three Martin songs on Red are much more pop leaning than her previous material and that this was done with reason. Does that mean that I think the ENTIRE Red album took this approach? No, because those three songs stick out on Red like a sore thumb.

Do I feel like Your Body and LTBL stick out in a similar way on Lotus? Personally, no I don't. I think they transition the record from point A to point B well. But again, that's my personal opinion.

As for you're examples of going through basically all of her singles saying why you think she did what she did, I do not believe everything that you have to say. You may know a lot more about the music business than most, but it seems rather odd that you would know so much insider information on Christina's career when you aren't actually on her team in some way.

If I am coming off rude, I don't mean to be. I am a fan of all of Christina's work (other than a small fraction of the B2B album. If she would have released other songs as singles throughout her career then I would have supported them. I have more hopes that she is more of an artist than people give her credit for these days. Apparently I am in the minority though. And that is perfectly ok with me.
    Because Taylor Swift is a perfect example. But you can also very well say that to Katy Perry, whose team asked her to work with Max Martin on One of The Boys to get a big breakthrough but that certainly is not apparent enough.

Christina is a very good vocalist, but she just is a pretty poor writer in general. The second verse to 'Genie In A Bottle' which she wrote uncredited was the worst part of the song, for example.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm sure it matters to her label, but I'm talking about Christina's personal views about making music.

IMO, her heart wasn't in " Lotus," but her recent behavior/updated look seems to suggest she's ready to create a worthwhile album.

If she wants to take some time off to be a mother and be inspired, I'm all for it, since that's where she seems to thrive creatively.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I'm sure it matters to her label, but I'm talking about Christina's personal views about making music.

IMO, her heart wasn't in " Lotus," but her recent behavior/updated look seems to suggest she's ready to create a worthwhile album.

If she wants to take some time off to be a mother and be inspired, I'm all for it, since that's where she seems to thrive creatively.
    I already have given out examples showing her personal intentions to do well commercially.

She wanted 'What a Girl Wants' as she believed it would smash, whilst her label was eyeing 'So Emotional', a song she thought would have underperformed.

She demanded that she would be the highlight in 'Lady Marmalade'.

She fought for 'Beautiful' with no involvement from her label.

Despite the fact that 'Dirrty' underperformed in the States (it was No 1 in Britain), it was riding on to the hip-hop trend, and of course the whole sexualising thing came right after Britney Spears's.

She wanted to release 'Impossible' instead of 'The Voice Within' for it would widen her audience, ie increase her album sales.

Her label wanted to include 'Hurt' as a rehash of 'Beautiful', but she was the one who made it less personal so it could sell better.

She worked with Nicki Minaj who was a rising star at that time.

She's filmed a video even for 'Let There Be Love'.

She used her own money to film 'Not Myself Tonight'.

And unless you think her label forced her to work with Max Martin, it's clear that the intent is to get pop hits.

Whilst the live performances for 'Your Body' has been insufficient, there were actually quite a number of live performances for the era afterwards.

She clearly cares about sales.

https://pp.vk.me/c617528/v617528181/...mjLe5wB2_8.jpg

Vacant Times Square Theatre to Become 'Broadway 4D' Attraction - The Hollywood Reporter

Global Eagle Execs Harry Sloan and Jeff Sagansky Prep IPO

Bryan Singer to Direct, Executive Produce NBC's 'The Munsters'

Landlord New 42nd Street has signed a long-term lease with a company called Broadway 4D Theatres, formed by a group of entertainment industry veterans, that will take over the site at 217 W. 42nd Street, it said, describing Broadway 4D as “a 3D film enhanced show incorporating in-theater special effects,” such as scents and climatic changes.

Behind Broadway 4D are Beverly Hills entertainment lawyer Robert Kory, who manages singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen, Gary Goddard, who has produced Broadway’s 2009 Tony-winning revival of Hair and pioneered 4D technology at Florida theme park rides and two Hollywood mainstays as executive producers - producer-director Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, Superman Returns) and former CBS and Sony top executive Jeff Sagansky, who has most recently backed The Adventures of Tintin and other projects as a film financier.

4D shows are expected to launch at the Times Square Theatre by late spring or early summer 2013. Songs from musicals by the likes of Rodgers and Hammerstein and Andrew Lloyd Weber will be performed by stars of Hollywood and Broadway, according to the paper.

Financial terms of the real estate deal weren't disclosed. The Post cited a source estimate for the project’s launch cost at around $60 million.

New 42nd Street president Cora Cahan lauded the agreement, saying it will bring in “a very exciting tenant dedicated to restoring the Times Square Theatre as a place to celebrate Broadway musicals of the past, present and future.”

•