Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 2 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Anyone else like Angaleena ( brunette from pistol annies)?

Anyone else like Angaleena ( brunette from pistol annies)?

Thank god for Miranda. I would have never discovered Ashley and Angaleena without her. I really like her writing and her vocals. Anyone else really like her?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think she's good

Ashley introduced her to Miranda (and Angaleena later married Miranda's tour manager). There's some unsubstantiated air of mystery as to whether she's still happy with the trio - but hopefully things will be all right, as that is one experiment that I'd hate to see fade away. A solo album has been talked about, but, as far as I know, there has been no announcement yet about the songs or a release date.

This is an example of her earlier solo work, before she became "Holler Annie" - it's very much to my taste in music, though it may not appeal to Mainstream fans:

I hope Pistol Annies isn't broken up either. I really enjoyed their music. Thanks for the video. I like the song. She is awesome. Lemon Drop, The Hunters Wife, Loved By A Working Man is is well written solo writes, and of course I like the others she co wrote. I hope she releases her own songs. Her talent should not be wasted. I was hoping you would comment. I know you like non mainstream artists and know a lot about them. You have very good taste in music as well.
    Farawayhills likes this.

I went on my facebook and she had this on there: “@annie1509: @guitarleena Will you be coming out with your own cd?” You bet!! Putting the finishing touches on now... Can't wait to share!!
    She didn't say when its going to be released. If you have facebook here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/angaleenapresley

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The Annie's are really talented; I give Miranda so much credit for helping the other ladies be successful, and thus it might give boosts to their respective solo projects.
    This solo album isn't surprising to me; Ashley released "Like A Rose" and Miranda's career is as solid as ever.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't have time to tour, but it does seem a bit odd that they would release two albums, and suddenly decide to part ways.
    Creative/personal ambitions change, but I do wonder if the rumors about there being more to this story are true.
    In any case, time will tell, but it's always great when one artistic venture leads to other opportunities.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Angaleena's album will be released in the Fall, by Slate Creek Records (who also handled Brandy Clark's recent acclaimed release)

Selected tour dates have also been announced, headlined by perennial Alternative favourites, the Indigo Girls

Pistol Annies? Angaleena Presley to Tour With Indigo Girls - Country Weekly

Indigo Girls Tour Dates
    rainbow1 and lizcarlo like this.

The fall is going to be such a great season for music. Couple of my other favorite artists are releasing cds. I'm so happy. Thanks for the info. Insert happy dance
    Farawayhills likes this.

•