Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311

Thread: Country Stars Select*CMT All-Time Top 40 March 15 -December 2014

Country Stars Select*CMT All-Time Top 40 March 15 -December 2014

Country artists will have their chance to recognize the music that shaped their lives each week, beginning March 15, with*CMT All-Time Top 40: Artist's Choice. The incredible list of musical acts will be revealed one-by-one each week on*CMT Hot 20 Countdown, beginning with No. 40 and concluding with No. 1 in December.*

Each influential musician or band will be ranked based on an artist poll conducted by CMT among the biggest stars in country music. The ballot isn't limited to just country artists, so over the course of 2014,CMT All-Time Top 40*will highlight artists from all genres that influence country's biggest names.

Nearly 100 artists are participating in*CMT All Time Top 40, from legends like*Merle Haggard*and*Dolly Parton*to today's superstars such as*Taylor Swift*and*Luke Bryan.

Participating artists include:*Trace Adkins,*Alabama,*Jason Aldean,*The Band Perry,*Bobby Bare,*Dierks Bentley,*Kix Brooks, Luke Bryan,*Rosanne Cash,*Eric Church,*Sheryl Crow,*Charlie Daniels,*Ronnie Dunn,Florida Georgia Line, Merle Haggard,*Hunter Hayes,*Wanda Jackson,*Lady Antebellum,*Martina McBride,Ronnie Milsap,*Ashley Monroe,*Kacey Musgraves,*Jennifer Nettles,*Jake Owen, Dolly Parton,*Charley Pride,*Rascal Flatts,*LeAnn Rimes,*Kenny Rogers,*Darius Rucker,*Blake Shelton,*Ricky Skaggs,*George Strait, Taylor Swift,*Travis Tritt,*Keith Urban,*Dwight Yoakam*and many more.

Ratings for*CMT Hot 20 Countdown*are at a record high -- up 20 percent year-over-year in 2013. Look for the popular series on the road in 2014 as the show goes on location to more music festivals and events than ever.CMT Hot 20 Countdown*airs every Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m. ET/PT.

CMT : News : Country Stars Select CMT All-Time Top 40

Concert Stars
    I aguess I kind of have no clue what this even is.

Country singers reveal their influences? Then how do you end up with a top 40?

I think it is like cmt hot 20, gactv top 50 video of the year gac top 20 or something. Except instead of fans voting it is country artist that vote. I of course could be wrong but thats the only thing I can think of

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    It could be quite interesting, especially as they seem to have made an effort to include artists from a range of styles and eras. It's not clear whether they will reveal the choices of individual artists, or just report the aggregate totals. I suspect, the latter - though they may pepper it with selected quotes from individuals. The aggregate totals of who was considered a big influence should still be interesting - provided people vote thoughtfully and don't just rattle off "obligatory" names of legends that they think they "ought" to have been influenced by. (I'd trust some of these artists in that respect more than others, but the spread should be broad enough to get some indication.)

The list of participating artists is incomplete (they say around 100 - but have only named about a third of those). However, if Carrie had been participating, I feel they would have named her as a major point of interest, so (unless she's a late acceptance) it looks as if she's not participating.

Concert Stars
    Well, if that's the case, they're going to lose a lot of viewers.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Well, if that's the case, they're going to lose a lot of viewers.
    I don't think they are going to lose any viewers. This isn't a one-time CMT special. They are literally revealing one artist per week during the regular CMT Top 20 Countdown, so even if Carrie had participated we wouldn't necessarily have any clue as to which week she might be on. Basically, if you already watch the CMT Top 20, you will get to see the results of this, but if you don't, you probably weren't going to see it anyway. Perhaps they are trying to drum up some additional ratings this year by dragging this Top 40 of influential artists out over the rest of the year.
    Marie2011 likes this.

#40 Carrie Underwood, Alan Jackson and Aerosmith

Miranda Lambert comes in at 31

•