• 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 5 Post By cary78663
  • 1 Post By Marie2011
  • 3 Post By liz278
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 1 Post By lolita55

Thread: Grande Ole Opry House to celebrate 40th Anniversary

Grande Ole Opry House to celebrate 40th Anniversary

The Grand ole Opry house will mark its 40th anniversary with several special performance on Ace Underwood and Penny Jean Fisher birthday aka March 15

Events will continue throughout the year leading up to the 90th anniversary of the Grand Ole Opry

Kicking off the celebration is Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Clint Black, Diamond Rio, Josh Turner and more

Also a commemorative book with over 250 photos Backstage at the opry is tbr that day

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...th-anniversary

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Grand Ole Opry To Celebrate 40 Years at Opry House : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City

What're the odds Blake asks Miranda to be a member that night - March 15?

Why would they have Blake, who basically has shunned the Opry since becoming a member, on to celebrate 40 yrs.
    Of all people??

^I was thinking the same thing maybe they wanted to get Carrie but couldn't because she had other plans aka watching Mike play hockey at the Bridgestone Arena that day.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Grand Ole Opry To Celebrate 40 Years at Opry House : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City

Why would they have Blake, who basically has shunned the Opry since becoming a member, on to celebrate 40 yrs.
    Of all people??
    This is a joke right???? I thought the same thing Donna, why have him?? Oh well this will be the only time he performs the whole year -- get his 2 appearances in on one night than he's done for the year!!!

And how many times has ML even performed at the Opry? It sure doesn't seem like she's been there all that much. There's certainly been other females that would deserve membership way before she would.

The other thing I'll say is this couple --- masters of campaigning and politicking for votes or just a totally innocent gig at the Opry????

Concert Stars
    Oh God!
    Pimping for EOTY much?

Concert Stars
    This made my stomach do massive summersaults. Think I'm gonna gag.

Concert Stars
    I just don't understand why the organization would choose someone who so clearly does not participate.

I agree that its a setup. It has to be.

And I have to ask, how much support as Miranda even shown this organization?
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Concert Stars
    I won't be listening that night.....unless Carrie somehow joins the group, and then we can just listen to her.
    terilyn likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Of all people??
    According to Fayfare's blog, the last time Miranda played the Opry was Loretta Lynn's 50th anniversary in Sept 2012. There is zero probability that she will be asked to join the Opry.

Side note. March 15 is the 6th anniversary of Carrie's invitation to join the Opry.

Which is why they should have Carrie perform instead of Miranda right now the only reason why I think Carrie isn't going to perform is cause Mike has a home game that day and I can't blame Carrie for wanting to be a regular person who cheers for her husband.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Well I wish Carrie could be there as well. I also like that she wants to be normal person and cheer for her husband. Carrie honors her commitment to the Opry anyway. There will be other anniversary's she can perform at. If Miranda is going to be member hopefully she will honor her commitment.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Oh God!
    Pimping for EOTY much?
    Haha... That is what I thought. Even if Miranda is asked to join, Carrie still got asked first. I think it would kind of be a slap in the face to Carrie, if Miranda was asked to join the same day that she was. It would seem like something, that the people who always not matter what, want to make sure that Carrie never wins any important awards at the cma's and acm's would do.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    This is a joke right???? I thought the same thing Donna, why have him?? Oh well this will be the only time he performs the whole year -- get his 2 appearances in on one night than he's done for the year!!!

And how many times has ML even performed at the Opry? It sure doesn't seem like she's been there all that much. There's certainly been other females that would deserve membership way before she would.

The other thing I'll say is this couple --- masters of campaigning and politicking for votes or just a totally innocent gig at the Opry????

Your are right Daisy, and I do like Miranda and Blake as artists. However, he has just never seemed to care as much about the opry as other members. I realize that he is busy, and that him and Miranda live in oklahoma. But, it is an honor to be inducted, and he should give more to the opry, and apprecciate the honor. That is what it basically boils to with him nowadays, not Miranda, but him, and that is he does not really seem to appreciate it like he used to. It is almost like he knows it is a foregone conclusion, that he will win a lot of awards and honors. The politics of country music when it comes to the awards, is getting to be way too much.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post

I don't get why they are being asked to help celebrate when BS rarely sings there. Why didn't they ask someone who at least played there more than once or twice last year.
    Marie2011, terilyn and pklongbeach like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    According to Fayfare's blog, the last time Miranda played the Opry was Loretta Lynn's 50th anniversary in Sept 2012. There is zero probability that she will be asked to join the Opry.

Side note. March 15 is the 6th anniversary of Carrie's invitation to join the Opry.
    I'm going to hang onto this post as the ultimate factual truth for my sanity - thx Cary!!!!
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post

Which makes the whole idea that the organization is having Blake and Miranda lead the celebration all the more odd.

Organizations usually like to celebrate "with eachother", not bring in people to perform for them.
    Why would they have two people who show so little interest in the organization come in and perform for their celebration?
    (I know why, its more of a rhetorical question, hee hee hee)

Nothing is going to go untouched by this Block Group. Nothing!

Well, I guess except the grammys! They keep picking anyone else "except" that group. ha ha ha.......

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Which makes the whole idea that the organization is having Blake and Miranda lead the celebration all the more odd.

Organizations usually like to celebrate "with eachother", not bring in people to perform for them.
    Why would they have two people who show so little interest in the organization come in and perform for their celebration?
    (I know why, its more of a rhetorical question, hee hee hee)

Nothing is going to go untouched by this Block Group. Nothing!

Well, I guess except the grammys! They keep picking anyone else "except" that group. ha ha ha.......
    I know lol. I never though I would see that day when the grammy's are less political than the cma/acm awards. It is almost like, since the cma/acm awards are only country music awards, and that the industry is based in nashville only. Whereas the rest of the American music industry is based in New York, and LA. That they can get away with whatever they want, and do whatever they want.
    pklongbeach likes this.

•