Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Marie2011
  • 1 Post By Marie2011
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By CUFan7
  • 2 Post By Inspired
  • 1 Post By Marie2011

Thread: Lucy Hale( upcoming album thread)

Lucy Hale( upcoming album thread)

Working with Mark Bright on her debut album, newcomer Lucy Hale is making the transition from ‘actor’ to singer and she’s more than capable. So capable that we picked the Pretty Little Liars star as*one of our artists to watch in 2014. Her debut single — out in early January — is the well-written, strongly performed “You Sound Good To Me,” the kind of infectious uptempo song a singer needs to release in order to gain any sort of attention at Country radio.*“You Sound Good To Me” finds Lucy Hale discussing youthful love and early relationships in the lyrics while showcasing a voice that certainly suggests that Lucy has more than listened to stars like Faith Hill and Martina McBride as she showcases a powerful voice that gets above the slightly cluttered musical arrangement. It all works and it works very well.*It’d be very easy to dismiss Lucy Hale as yet another ‘Hollywood’ actor trying to ‘cash in’ on Country music’s popularity yet when you dig into Lucy Hale’s history, the fact that she’s from Tennessee and has been singing longer than she’s been acting, it’s easier to realize why she’s starting a Country music career. She’s not another confection of some machine. She’s a genuinely talented and “You Sound Good To Me” proves it.

*Single Review: Lucy Hale - You Sound Good To Me | Country Music Reviews, Taylor Swift to Lady Antebellum | Roughstock.com

Co written by Hilary Lindsey , Luke Laird, and Ashley Gorley
    opry051008 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I remember seeing Lucy way back when she was on American Juniors. I really enjoyed the tone of her voice and thought it was pretty unique back then. Hope the album does well!

Excited but also nervous! I love Lucy so I want to like her music, but I saw a couple of live videos a few months ago that made me nervous about how her voice will sound. Granted, those were some of her first live performances so I'm sure she was nervous as heck.

Lucy Hale debut single is being released tomorrow

Carrie Guru
    ^^ Here's her single along with info from her Sirius XM visit. I'm still not sure about her vocally but I do like her song. : )

Lucy Hale In Debut Single Promo - Visiting Sirius XM - Rickey.org

Lucy Hale’s country career begins with the official release of her single ‘You Sound Good to Me.’ The ‘Pretty Little Liars’ star chose a song written by three of the top songwriters in Nashville and quickly made it her own with an energetic, syncopated love story that soon turns into a party-jam.

‘You Sound Good to Me’ is lyrically thick, with a chorus that will be difficult for fans to memorize after just a listen or two. However, the way Hale describes how she feels about her guy is colorful and creative. The spirit of the song is its hook.“It’s like an amen from the back of the choir / Sweet hum of freedom underneath the tires / Kick back sitting by the crackling fire / Strumming them guitar strings,” she sings to begin the chorus, adding, “Like an old song on the radio / That you grew up to and everybody knows / Rushing of the water when the river rose / Winding wild and free.”“Baby you sound good to me / Baby you sound so good to me / Mmm, mmm, mmm like a melody / Baby, you sound good to me.”

Those are the lines fans will be shouting back at Hale when she performs the song live. That’s something one yearns to experience upon listening to this track. It’s carefree and fun without being disposable.“Tell me all your stories / And don’t you leave nothing out because baby I ain’t in a hurry / Everything little thing you say / Got a real nice ring to it / The way it rolls off your lips / And oh when you gave me that kiss,” the newcomer sings to begin the second verse.Her style is a true mix of her influences (Shania Twain,*Britney Spears, the*Dixie Chicks) and her producer does a fine job of giving her space to shine as a vocalist. But the pressure isn’t entirely on her to carry the song. Hale doesn’t show potential to be the next*Martina McBride*or*Carrie Underwood, but in fairness, ‘You Sound Good to Me’ isn’t the vehicle for that kind of singing. The mix of fiddle and steel guitar and the extra voices used during the bridge will convert any curmudgeons still complaining she’s too pop. This song is just too much fun to brush aside.Key Lyrics:*“Like an old song on the radio / That you grew up to and everybody knows / Rushing of the water when the river rose / Winding wild and free / Baby you sound good to me

”Did You Know?*Lucy Hale won an ‘American Idol’ spinoff called ‘American Juniors’ in 2003. The Fox reality show had five winners who’d go on to form a pop-vocal group called American Juniors. The group never really panned out, and this singer/actress is by far the most successful of her bandmates.

Lucy Hale, ?You Sound Good to Me? - Critic's Pick [Listen] is another version aka audio not live
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My local station, 98.1 The Bull (Lexington, KY) premiered her new single at 10pm and 11pm last night. I saw it on their Facebook page. I thought about listening to it, but didn't since my husband was watching tv at 10 and already asleep by 11 and I didn't want to bother him. They are a clear channel station and I could have used the iHeart Radio app to listen to it. I really don't know too much about Lucy. I did watch one CW show that she was on for a little bit - it had her and Joanna Garcia (who played Cheyenne on Reba), but I've never watched Pretty Little Liars (although it looks like my kind of show and it is saved in my to watch list on Netflix). From what you all have posted here, it at least looks like she might have some legitimate country roots and influences since she is from Tennessee. I mean, it's not like she grew up on a Christmas tree farm in Pennsylvania or something.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ Here's her single along with info from her Sirius XM visit. I'm still not sure about her vocally but I do like her song. : )

Lucy Hale In Debut Single Promo - Visiting Sirius XM - Rickey.org

Rough is an understatement.
    maddkat likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    At least for me this was proof that Country Music Radio needs Carrie to hurry with new music.
    teesharky and maddkat like this.

Having any doubts about*Lucy Hale‘s debut country single, the sun-splashed ‘You Sound Good to Me,’ and her foray into the genre? You shouldn’t, since the song has shot to the top of the charts already and enjoyed an incredibly warm reception from country music fans since landing earlier this week.The song rocketed right to No. 1 on the iTunes Country chart and sits at No. 15 overall in just a few days of release.Hale’s ‘You Sound Good to Me’ was written by hot Nashville songwriters Ashley Gorley, Luke Laird and Hillary Lindsey. The songwriting pedigree and Hale’s sweet voice, coupled with the track’s light guitar twang, gave it a recipe for success, and fans most definitely responded.In addition to her No. 1 song, Hale picked up a People’s Choice Award Wednesday night (Jan. 8) for Favorite Cable TV actress for her role in ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ She has already conquered the acting world, and it looks like she has the country genre squarely in her sights.

Lucy Hale's 'You Sound Good to Me' Lands at No. 1
    opry051008 likes this.

Hil
    I think she's cute and is a cute singer. I think she'll find her place with good songs...but I kinda thought the same thing about Julianne hough. Time will tell.

Listen to some of the tracks on Lucy youtube channel out of all the songs I heard so far Goodbye gone is my favorite, the intro reminds me of flat on the floor by Carrie edit it isn't similiar per se but it made me think of Flat on the floor

I donīt know If its just me, but her album is more pop than country in my opinion.
    I like a few songs,like Nervous Girls, but I was expecting a bit different style.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Both her album Road Between and Miranda Lambert's Platinum were released on June 3rd

•