Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rascal Flatts- New Album Era

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Rascal Flatts- New Album Era

Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 03-04-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Concert Stars
    Have we heard anything from it yet??

This could be a pivitol moment for them.

They have had tremendous success and then faced a pretty serious cooling off period.

Clearly they are talented enough and likeable enough to end up on top again.
    But product dictates so much right now.
    Carrie was amazing with BA era in that she came with her signature brand, but it had a unique quality to the sound of the singles, the personnas she chose to embrace and the darker storytelling elements. It made it "not just another Carrie Underwood album" but it stood out. But kept the qualitites people expect.

I want to hope that RF can find a new voice this time around. I have loved some of their singles, and then alot of it sounds way too polished and "similar" in style.

They are talented enough and I think the timing is right, to really dig deep and explore some more artistic elements to who they are. Acts like LA or RF can fall into patterns that will kill them if they don't break out!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wish these guys the best with the new material. They are being overshadowed by many of the other groups in country right now, so maybe this will be the album that helps them gain some attention again.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

I can't wait!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Have we heard anything from it yet??

This could be a pivitol moment for them.

They have had tremendous success and then faced a pretty serious cooling off period.

Clearly they are talented enough and likeable enough to end up on top again.
    But product dictates so much right now.
    Carrie was amazing with BA era in that she came with her signature brand, but it had a unique quality to the sound of the singles, the personnas she chose to embrace and the darker storytelling elements. It made it "not just another Carrie Underwood album" but it stood out. But kept the qualitites people expect.

I want to hope that RF can find a new voice this time around. I have loved some of their singles, and then alot of it sounds way too polished and "similar" in style.

They are talented enough and I think the timing is right, to really dig deep and explore some more artistic elements to who they are. Acts like LA or RF can fall into patterns that will kill them if they don't break out!
    No, we haven't heard anything from the new album yet.

Big Machine and RF have been extremely quiet regarding the new era, which is probably a smart way to build some momentum.

I think they fell into a bit of a trap for a bit, but I feel like they have let go of that glossier sound to go back to their roots to some extent, which I'm really happy about. They don't need the overcooked sound they were stuck on for so many years, so I'm glad that they let go of the idea of building albums around that sound.

Now in particular, it seems the mantra is "the louder the better" when it comes to singles; RF shines when they pair emotional singles with sensible production. I think they're starting to find their way again, and if the buzz surrounding the new single is any indication, they could do quite well.

Groups/Duos in country music seem to have a much harder time sustaining momentum than solo acts in country music; all things considered, I think RF's longevity is pretty amazing. Their core fanbase isn't as big as it used to be, but they still can sell albums, and their tours do quite well. If radio picks up on this new single (which they very well could after such a quiet period), this could do respectably digitally, too.

Lady A was the hottest act in any genre in 2009; they were struggling in the new era. LBT is also hit or miss and struggles to keep momentum, Big and Rich, Trick Pony and Lonestar all broke up, EYB and ZBB have respectable success, and so on. I think it's just harder for groups in country; the fact that RF stayed together (and remained consistently successful), for 13 years now speaks to the fact that they are going to be fine no matter what happens from here on out.

If they were in any danger of fading, that could have easily happened around 2009 or so, but they bounced back, and are fine now. I don't think they're in danger of going anywhere.

I think RF has always known what made them successful, and every once in awhile, they come out with a great song that will catch the general public's attention. While their material isn't as consistent, I think they know what they're audience wants, and they're very good at delivering it. Gary can hit with the emotion, and I think their ability to connect with their audience is where they've had the advantage all these years.

A lot of country groups don't really have that one thing that keeps fans coming back after an underwhelming era or two; RF seems to have that longevity, though.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Help us announce our new single by posting your favorite memories from 2013 to be a part of the ‪#‎Rewind‬ fan video. Plus, just for participating, you'll be entered to win tickets to see the band in 2014! Check it out here: Rascal Flatts #Rewind

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh God, a new album? Does that mean the usual hourly Rascal Flatts song throughout Ohio will be starting up soon again? lol

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan, but I wish them luck. They're talented and I will always support a couple of fellow Buckeyes. And their music lately is even starting to grow on me, now that I'm out of Columbus and hearing it NON STOP.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    @broadwayonair: Hear the WORLD PREMIERE of the new @rascalflatts song, "Rewind" every hour on Wednesday, starting at 6a. Listen: http://t.co/vSg679s6Fp

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

carrieismy1idol likes this.

Concert Stars

http://www.country925.com/pages/elec...ticle=11953674

Really like this. Catchy, good lyrics, great harmonies, and a slightly updated sound. Good to see them sticking to what they're known for, and not going the same route as everyone else.

Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 01-08-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    carrieismy1idol and Gator like this.

Concert Stars
    Everyone on Pulse seems to love it and is calling it fresh and different from the bro-country that's on radio today. I think it's good, but it definitely doesn't stray too far from their signature sound. That isn't a problem, I just thought they would return with a more different sounding song.

Concert Stars
    "Rewind" is released to ITunes tonight; Jim Riley (drummer), tweeted they're shooting the video tomorrow, too.

Gator and carrieismy1idol like this.

Concert Stars
    We can hear the harmonies already. Hot on the heels of their new single, “Rewind,” Rascal Flatts will be hitting the road this summer for another of their signature sprawling tours. The Rewind Tour 2014 kicks off May 16 in St. Louis and will hit 36 cities, with more to be announced soon.

Also, RF will be releasing a Walmart exclusive EP March 4th. One of the new songs is "Dancing On My Grave"

Gator likes this.

EP? Not a full album??

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Liatush View Post
    EP? Not a full album??
    Oh, the full album is coming in June. The EP is just release beforehand lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Oh, the full album is coming in June. The EP is just release beforehand lol.

oh Thanks it was a bummer for me for a second!

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    .@JoeDonRooney just announced to crowd @listeningroom @TinPanSouth that he & his wife, @Tiffallon are expecting a new baby! #Congrats!

So happy for them! Love these two.
    carrieismy1idol and Gator like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    .@JoeDonRooney just announced to crowd @listeningroom @TinPanSouth that he & his wife, @Tiffallon are expecting a new baby! #Congrats!

So happy for them! Love these two.
    Yes, they make a sweet family!

joe-don-rooney-4-500.jpg

Congratulations to Tiffany & Joe Don
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars

01. Payback (Aaron Eshuis, Neil Mason, Ryan Hurd)
    02. Rewind (Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley, Eric Paslay)
    03. I Have Never Been To Memphis (Eric Holljies, Ian Holljies, Marcus Hummon)
    04. DJ Tonight (Meghan Trainor, Jesse Frasure, Shay Mooney)
    05. Powerful Stuff (Gregg Wattenberg, Derek A. E. Fuhrmann, Brett James)
    06. Riot (Jaron Boyer, Sara Haze)
    07. Night Of Our Lives (Ben Hayslip, Jimmy Yeary)
    08. I Like The Sound Of That (Meghan Trainor, Jesse Frasure, Shay Mooney)
    09. Aftermath (Ben Caver, Megan Conner, Brian White)
    10. I’m On Fire (Sean McConnell, Tobias Lundgren, Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson)
    11. Life’s A Song (Jeffrey Steele, Brandon Hood, James Slater)
    12. Honeysuckle Lazy (Neil Thrasher, Tom Shapiro, Shane Minor)
    13. The Mechanic (Jaren Johnston, Tony

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:

14. “Compass” (Diane Warren)
    15. “Wildfire” (James Ryan Ho, Christopher Breaux)
    16. “She Must Like Broken Hearts” (busbee, Jay DeMarcus, Gary LeVox, Joe Don Rooney)
    17. “Bring The Family” (Regie Hamm, Tim Akers, Chase Akers)

Joe Don and Tiffany's statement to People magazine about the little one on the way:

"We are so thrilled and feel so blessed to bring another little angel into our world, the couple tell PEOPLE. Jagger and Rocky are very excited too. They're going to make a great big-brother big-sister duo as the Rooney circus continues."

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2014/03/31/rascal-flatts-joe-don-rooney-expecting-third-child-tiffany-fallon/

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast