Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler The Women I Am Era

Kellie Pickler The Women I Am Era

The last Kellie Pickler thread I saw was for the tough aka 100 proof era and she has a new album out so I figure its time for a new thread and if there is a thread for this album era feel free to merge the threads

Kellie Pickler has returned with a new album for her fans that is to be released on November 11. The album is titled “The Woman I Am,” and she is even letting people stream the album online, something that has become very popular for musicians to do recently.Pickler shot to fame through her appearance on*American Idol*in 2006, and since then she has enjoyed a successful music career as a country artist with several award nominations, including a CMT Music Award for Breakthrough Video Of The Year in 2008 for her single “I Wonder

read more at the link

Kellie Pickler Returns With New Album | WebProNews

1."Little Bit Gypsy" *
    2."Ring for Sale"
    3."Buzzin'"
    4."The Woman I Am"
    5."Closer to Nowhere" *
    6."Selma Drye"
    7."I Forgive you
    8."Bonnie and Clyde"
    9."Where Did Your Love Go"
    10."No Cure for Crazy"
    11."Tough All Over"
    12."Someone Somewhere Tonight" *

Kellie Pickler, "The Woman I Am" (Black River Entertainment)Kellie Picker, on her new album "The Woman I Am," merges the tradition-minded sound of her previous album with contemporary country touches in a manner that proves how well the two can blend and still speak to the modern world.Continuing to mature into a top-class country singer, the former "American Idol" competitor has grown from a competent interpreter of others' songs into an artist with her own vision and style. As a songwriter and vocalist, she's held onto the charm of her back-country personality while growing into a confident stylist who can adapt to the glossy entertainment world that sometimes has tried to push her aside.The title song references Patsy Cline as a salve for difficult nights, then cites all the personal weaknesses, quirks and strengths that make her who she is. She leans on current themes in country music in "Closer To Nowhere," about drinking with a friend and disappearing into a rural hideout, but makes it believable.She's at her best on sensitive ballads ("Tough All Over," ''Someone Somewhere Tonight," ''I Forgive You") yet nicely handles roots-rich stompers like "Selma Drye" (about her grandmother), "Buzzin'" and "Ring For Sale."Add Pickler's name to the list of women making outstanding albums in a year where men dominate country radio and the media.

Concert Stars
    I preordered this CD, and got it on Friday. I actually got it before its Tuesday release. That was a surprise. It's a nice mix of songs. I really like it. Hopefully, Kellie picks up more radio play; she definitely deserves it.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Can't wait to hear it.

Kellie Pickler‘s ‘The Woman I Am’ album is full of hope, optimism and forgiveness. These aren’t words one could hang upon any of her previous releases; time (and a loving marriage) seems to have healed old wounds. The result is like that first breath of clean air after three enjoyable hours spent in the sweaty pit of a concert arena.‘I Forgive You’ is the most obvious example. “This hurt is drowning me inside / It’s like an ocean deep and wide / And you were an anchor pulling me down,” she sings. Fans will recognize this discourse and wonder which of a half dozen people she’s thinking about. ‘I Wonder’ and ‘Mother’s Day’ are two that carried a similar weight on previous albums, but for the first time, Pickler seems to truly be past that drama. Those three simple words, “I forgive you,” lift a dark cloud from her life and music — two things that are intimately intertwined.Unlike the feisty, gritty ’100 Proof’ album, Pickler works best beneath the sunshine on ‘The Woman I Am’. ‘Buzzin’ is a playful love song with a sweet chorus that really looks good on her. Prior to that, ‘Little Bit Gypsy’ and the somewhat obligatory ‘Ring for Sale’ set a tone the remaining nine tracks faithfully follow.While the title track is a beautiful and honest reflection of who the singer is and where she comes from, the most enjoyable moments on this album come after the midway point. ‘Selma Drye’ works equally as well as an autobiography. The uptempo song is about her great-grandmother.“I know Selma she’d be proud of me / Because I’m the only apple on the tree / That didn’t hit the ground and stick down in the mud,” Pickler sings to begin the chorus.‘Where Did Your Love Go’ might be her best chance for a radio hit. The entire album is very strong lyrically, but Kalisa Ewing and Rivers Rutherford are the songwriting stars.“I know what happened to my innocence / It flew off in that summer wind when I laid down with you,” Pickler sings to open a second verse, her sweet melody every bit as captivating as her message. “And I know what happened to the dandelion / Ring you tied on my wrist and now you forgot that, didn’t you / Well it’s pressed inside a little pink bible / I got graduating summer school.”‘Someone Somewhere Tonight’ closes an album that finishes as strong as any released in 2013. ’100 Proof’ was a statement album. Pickler wanted to show her traditional country roots and prove she’s as strong an artist as any female in the genre. With that task accomplished, she’s able to take a step back and allow room for a diverse set of songs and emotions to step forward. The result is the best album of her career

Tracks to Remember: ‘Buzzin’,’ ‘The Woman I Am,’ ‘Where Did Your Love Go,’ ‘Someone Somewhere Tonight’Did You Know?: Pickler’s husband Kyle Jacobs helped write a number of songs that made ‘The Woman I Am,’ including ‘No Cure for Crazy.’ She tells Taste of Country she asked him to write her a song one day, and that’s what he came back with. Those who’ve heard the song will agree: A guy needs to be very confident in his marriage to offer this type of song to his bride.

Album Spotlight: Kellie Pickler, 'The Woman I Am'

Not sure how long its been charting just checked the allaccess/mediabase charts today and the last time I went to allaccess was during the sya chart run

50 50*KELLIE PICKLER Little Bit Gypsy 466 446 20 1.712

50 50*KELLIE PICKLER Little Bit Gypsy 488 443 45 1.845

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I bought this on Tuesday, and I love it. Kellie really has found her sound. She sounds confident on this material.

I really like this cd. The Women I Am is great.

Concert Stars
    I really like The Woman I Am, too. I've been listening to it quite a bit lately.
    DizzyDollyDee and lizcarlo like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by CUFanForever82; 06-24-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Kellie and her husband, Kyle, went on another USO tour for Christmas:

Kellie Pickler serenades the troops in Afghanistan - The Washington Post

Concert Stars
    Such a wonderful thing she does.

I can only imagine how much the troops appreicate it, and her.

I sometimes wish that the Country Music Industry was more allowing of multiple females in the format having good healthy success.
    It would make is so much easier to give support to other females in the format.
    But unfortunately, as it stands right now, the allowance for only a few and those being required to have a certain level of success or be removed, I can only support Carrie.

She is my one single priority.
    As sad as that is, it is rather forced upon me.
    I truely feel that as any support begins to move toward another woman, that only diminishes Carries "success rate" in the eyes of an idustry that will only allow for a limited amount of success for women.

Sad sad state of affairs. But it is what it is.
    So I wish for Kellie happiness and fullfillment, but to wish her success means to wish a lacking of success elsewhere, and as the format is heavily committed to Miranda and Kelly right now, I will not take my eyes off my commitment to Carrie even for a moment.

Sad but true.

According to country aircheck Pickler is releasing her next single Closer to Nowhere on March 3
    lizcarlo, pkc4rls and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I like that song a lot - I really do - but she does have some on her album, which I really like her album btw, that I think would get a little more radio play like maybe Bonnie & Clyde or even No Cure for Crazy lol. I mean Carrie had nice little simple songs on her album too but I am sure they chose the ones they did for a reason - probably picked the type that they thought would do good on radio (well SYA maybe not as much but with the first three singles). But I am sure they know what they are doing and it is a very pretty song.

Again, I like this album of hers and wish it would do better for her is why I was hoping they would pick a single that might click more with the listening audience on radio. And pk I do not think that any success Kellie would ever have would at all affect any future success Carrie has. She is at least a friend to Carrie by everything we have heard. Besides either way, Carrie will probably not go back to winning awards regardless because they will probably move on to giving them to another connected person so I would rather see Kellie have some success then keep blindly giving it to Miranda or another girl with connections like Kelly Clarkson. I just don't believe that a little success by Kellie would mean all of a sudden there can be no success for Carrie because she has always had competition and survived it.
    Last edited by pkc4rls; 02-25-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    lizcarlo likes this.

I would love for Kellie Pickler to be in mainstream with her music. I think Carrie would love that as well. She is so talented and is making great music. I like Closer to Nowhere a lot.
    pkc4rls likes this.

I've been listening to Kellie cd a lot. Bonnie and Clyde is radio friendly.I hope this song gets released sometime. I wish they would put it on radio. I think a lot of people would like it.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast