Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Garth Brooks (upcoming 2014 album + tour)

Garth Brooks (upcoming 2014 album + tour)

Welcome Back to country music Garth I will never forget when you inducted Carrie into the Grand ole opry

Garth Brooks Plotting His Big Return to Country?

Country fans everywhere, rejoice — well, maybe. Legend Garth Brooks is hinting at a possible return to the music business (finally) following a 10 year hiatus.

The Grammy-winning recording artist sent the following message to his fans, “The sevens have aligned. It has begun … Thank you for believing … love, g.”

The mysterious messages don’t stop there. If you browse over to Brooks’ website, you’ll see another message from the singer. This one simply says: “It has begun…”

If that wasn’t enough to get you buzzing about a potential comeback from the ‘Friends in Low Places’ singer, an article from Country Music Tattle Tale reports that Brooks will be touring in 2014, as well as releasing a new album. The comeback also pairs with a Martin Scorsese-directed television special.

Brooks isn’t the only one in the family who has hinted at a return to music. His wife, Trisha Yearwood, has also said she may make a comeback through an album of duets with her husband. CMTT says Brooks’ upcoming album will be a solo one.

The 51-year-old singer hasn’t made his return yet since he’s been a busy dad. But his youngest daughter is now 17, so this would be the perfect time to get back into the business.

“It’s always been about the babies,” Brooks said last year. “If God lets us do it and everything goes well, I would love to tour again.”

If you’re itching to catch him now, Brooks will still have two more shows at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas on Nov. 8 and Nov. 9, or you can see him — and countless others — at the George Jones Tribute Concert on Nov. 22.

CMT : News : Seven Theories on Garth Brook's "Seven" Message

Garth Brooks' email on Friday (Oct. 18) was titled "first message from garth." Just like that. All lower case. But when I opened it, the stand out number was seven. Good ol' lucky number seven. It said, and I quote, "The sevens have aligned. It has begun ... Thank you for believing ... love, g."

Nobody knows exactly what Brooks meant by that, but there are a few theories floating around out there. Mine is that all of my favorite Brooks songs ("Wild Horses," "Shameless," "Learning to Live Again," "The Red Strokes," and "The Beaches of Cheyenne") are the seventh tracks from his albums. But he's probably not sending out vague comeback messages based on that.

Now, I'm no numerologist. But I went ahead and picked my favorite seven theories to share with you. If you come up with any more possibilities, please share them with us.

1. Seven is a lucky number, and we'd all be very lucky to have Brooks back in the game.

2. Next year -- 2014 -- would be seven years since Brooks' last album release (The Ultimate Hits in 2007). So it's high time for another.

3. His album Sevens, which was released in 1997 and had the first 777,777 copies marked as first editions, showed the world how much Brooks is wrapped up in this particular number.

4. Brooks was born on Feb. 7. So maybe that's the day when he'll make some kind of official announcement.

5. His youngest daughter Allie will be 18 in 2014. And that's when he promised he'd come out of retirement. And 14 is two sevens added together.

6. Could he be launching a huge tour on 7/7?

7. Brooks' last No. 1 single "More Than a Memory" (co-written by Lee Brice, by the way) was released in 2007. Seven years later, the world is ready for another.

Garth Brooks Hints at New Beginnings ? Country Music Tattle Tale

looks like Garth Brooks has some good news to share, but isn’t quite ready to let the cat outta the bag. Could it be that we were right?!?! CMTT reported just a couple of weeks ago, that Garth Brooks will release a brand-spankin’ new studio album next year along with a world tour. Although many folks pressured us to reveal our source, or tried to sweep the speculation under the rug, Garth himself is hinting at something big.
    In a fan newsletter, Garth sent the following message.

The sevens have aligned. It has begun…
    Thank you for believing…love, g -

Hmmmm…looks like we should bust out our color-block western shirts and black wranglers for some future Garth Brooks shows!

Garth Brooks sends mysterious message to fans | News OK

Oklahoma country music megastar Garth Brooks issued today a mysterious message to fans signed up for his email newsletter.
    Bearing the subject line “first message from garth,” the message reads:
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun…
    Thank you for believing…love, g
    No, I’m not making this up.
    At the semi-retired superstar’s website, the usual circle-g logo with the thunder-and-lightning background was augmented only with the phrase “It has begun …,” which fades in and out of focus periodically.
    It’s all very enigmatic, and I’m not really sure what it all means. But there have been indications that Brooks might be venturing out of the semi-retirement he entered in 2001, and I’m sure that’s what we all hope it means.
    As previously reported, the Owasso resident, who has eked out only a smattering of new songs in more than a decade, indicated backstage at Toby Keith’s Oklahoma Twister Relief in July that he anticipated making fresh music soon. The Tulsa native vowed back in 2001 to stay mostly off the road and out of the studio until his three daughters were grown, and the youngest, Allie, turned 17 on July 28.
    “New music feels like it’s on the horizon, so it’s starting to bubble and it’s getting fun,” Brooks said at the July 6 charity concert at the University of Oklahoma football stadium.
    Also as previously reported, Brooks’ country star wife Trisha Yearwood told “CBS This Morning” in August that she and her husband have plans to create a new album together and eventually go on tour.
    “It’ll be a whole different ball game, you know, as man and wife to go do this together. So I’m looking forward to it,” Yearwood told Jeff Glor.
    If you want to “Join the circle of ‘Friends’” and get in on future messages from Brooks – however cryptic they might be – go to Garth Brooks Official Site.

Garth Brooks' Sister, Betsy Smittle, Dies

Garth Brooks‘ half-sister, Betsy Smittle, has died. The 60-year-old was known as Brooks’ bass player for part olf his career. She also released one solo album and was a gay rights activist who performed and participated in numerous gay rights events.KWTV*News 9*in Oklahoma City, Okla. reports that Smittle died on Saturday (Nov. 2). The cause of death was not revealed, but Garth’s daughter, August, said it was cancer.“My beautiful Aunt lost her battle with Cancer early Saturday morning,” the singer’s daughter said on*Twitter*andInstagram*Monday night. “So happy she got to meet my beautiful daughter! We love you and miss you already Aunt Betsy!”“She has a wonderful knack for rhythm, but probably her greatest talent is relating to the audience,” Brooks toldOklahoma Today*in 1993, adding that he called Smittle “Hollywood.” She was one of the singer’s four older half-siblings. He also has an older brother named Kelly.Smittle released her solo album,*’Rough Around the Edges,’ in 1994. Funeral arrangements have not been revealed, but they will take place at the*Ninde Funeral Home*in Tulsa, Okla.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If this tour happens I will be blowing a good chunk of money to make damn sure I get to it. Garth is and always will be my absolute favorite artist of any genre. Been waiting for his comeback for a long time now.

Another country radio No 1 début? How many copies will his album open with?

Garth Brooks*is back, and his newest project, ‘Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences’ will be available just before Thanksgiving, giving every country fan a huge reason to be grateful as they’re slicing into the turkey.The singer made the big announcement during the last 15 minutes of*GAC‘s*television*special on Brooks that aired Saturday (Nov. 9). ‘Blame It All on My Roots’ is a new four-CD box set that will be available on Nov. 19 through Walmart.This set will feature the iconic country singer covering an astounding 40 songs from influential artists throughout his life, many of which he has performed in part during his One Man Show at the Encore Theatre in Las Vegas, according to*Music Universe.So, what songs can fans expect to hear? Covers of everything from James Taylor and Gladys Knight to Jerry Lee Lewis’s ‘Great Balls of Fire’ and Marvin Gaye’s ‘I Heard It Through the Grapevine.’Each disc will contain 10 tracks, which will range in variety of genre, including country classics, classic rock, soul and a ‘melting pot’ category, such as*Cat Stevens’ ‘Wild World’ and Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Mrs. Robinson.’Plus, Brooks will perform a duet with his lovely wife,*Trisha Yearwood,*who has quite the presence on this project. In*addition to being his duet partner on ‘After the Fire Is Gone’ (the Conway Twitty and*Loretta Lynn*classic), Yearwood will also lend her voice to background vocals throughout the set.Brooks has spent much of 2013 in the recording studio working on this collection, and after a 10-year hiatus from the entertainment scene, he’ll be returning to country music with a bang. As he*stated earlier, “It has begun.” And we couldn’t be more happy about it!

Garth Brooks Releasing Box Set
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    During a GAC special that aired Saturday (Nov. 9),
    Garth Brooks
    announced that he will release a four-CD box set of cover songs.
    Blame It All On My Roots: Five Decades of Influences
    , will include Brooks covering 40 songs from artists who have influenced him. Each disc will feature 10 tracks from different categories, including Country Classics, Classic Rock, Blue-Eyed Soul and Melting Pot. The set will release Nov. 19, according to
    Music Universe

Garth Brooks To Release 4-CD Box Set : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Anyone know when tickets for his tour will go on sale?

Concert Stars
    Well, it’s long been suspected that Garth Brooks would return with new music and just to prove the point, he’s releasing a 8 CD/DVD Combo Box Set exclusively to Walmart stores on Thanksgiving Day, 2013.

The new release, titled “Blame It All On My Roots: Five Decades of Influences” will feature one of America’s best-selling artists performing covers of 40 songs from artists who have influenced his career, including James Taylor, Gladys Knight, Jerry Lee Lewis and Otis Redding, to name but a few.
    Read more at Breaking: Garth Brooks Returning With New Music This Year | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Anyone know when tickets for his tour will go on sale?
    The tour is all speculation right now, it hasn't even officially been announced.
    opry051008 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Is Carrie going to open? Will she make a special guest appearance?

Sorry I couldn't resist
    opry051008 likes this.

New Details About Garth Brooks Box Set Emerge

New details have begin emerging regarding a much talked-about Garth Brooks box set.

‘Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences’ will be released Thanksgiving Day 2013, Nov. 28 — just in time for Black Friday events. Although it was initially reported to street on Nov. 19, the date has since been changed. Plus, it gives country music fans an even bigger reason to start the frenzied holiday shopping a little bit earlier.

The singer’s website reveals more details of the massive project. The eight-disc set will include the previously-announced four discs of cover songs, each with a separate theme: country classics, classic rock, blue-eyed soul and melting pot. Plus, the set features an over two-hour DVD of Brooks’ Las Vegas performance, ‘Blame It All on My Roots Live at the Wynn,’ a re-release of his 2-CD set ‘The Ultimate Hits’ and an accompanying DVD of his music videos.

The DVD of the country star’s Wynn performance is especially exciting, because so many fans haven’t been lucky enough to see the performance in person. “When Mr. Wynn and I started,” explains Brooks, “we agreed that there would come a time when we would bring this show to the people who couldn’t see it in person.”

In all, the set encompasses 77 songs, 33 music videos, the live Vegas performance and a 68-page photo book. It will retail for a Black Friday price of $24.96 at Walmart, Sam’s Club stores and Walmart.com beginning Thanksgiving Day.

The following day, Brooks will play a final show at the Wynn, which will be televised live on CBS.
    opry051008 likes this.

WORLD TOUR

Sometimes, the best news comes in unexpected ways Superstar*Garth Brooks*announced on ‘Good Morning America’ on Monday (Dec. 9) that he’s going on tour in 2014 and no one was more surprised than him.The singer appeared on ‘GMA’ live from Times Square to talk about his new box set, ‘Blame It All on My Roots,’ which propelled him back to the*top of the country charts. And while talking about his success with his new musical endeavor, the topic of touring came up …As many fans know, it’s been 12 years since Brooks gave up the road life for a committed family life, and he’s been*hinting at tour plans*for a while now. When Roberts asked, the star was coy, saying, “I would love to, but at 52, now I’m worried it’s the wheelchair and walker tour. But, I’d love to fire it up…” Added the icon with a sly grin, “Between me and you, I think we’ll make an announcement very soon.”It seems the (tour bus) wheels were turning in his head, and all of a sudden the country icon told Roberts, “Since it’s you, and since we’ve had a history forever, let’s announce it.”As the surprised and ecstatic ‘GMA’ host began to smile, Brooks confirmed the great news: “We’re going on a world tour 2014. It begins.”“I can’t think of a better way. I can’t believe I just did that, but you are a doll,” he furthered, as the audience erupted into cheers.Brooks admits that the announcement was totally unscripted, and he seemed totally shocked that he had just spilled the beans out of nowhere. He mentioned that he’s going to talk with radio at the end of this week and that plans are already moving forward.“It sure feels good to get to throw your hat back in the ring,” he reminisced. “Our baby is a senior in high school. We’ve talked about it. All my babies are fine with it, Miss Yearwood is fine with it. So now I get to do what I love to do — play music — I get to be with the person I want to be with — which is Miss Yearwood — and my children are off on their own.”Talk about a celebration for country fans everywhere! The*sevens have aligned; it has begun!

Garth Brooks Announces 2014 World Tour
    opry051008 likes this.

He's blocking Britney Spears with the second week sales of his album. Heading to No 1 this week by a comfortable margin.

Now that*Garth Brooks*officially*announced*his return to the road life and an upcoming comeback tour, ears are open for more details. Although arrangements are still being made, one thing’s certain — it’s going to be loud.Brooks, who shares that the 2014 world touring venture is likely to*span three years, wants it to be bigger than anything he’s ever done. “That’s the goal,” he tells*Electric Barnyard. “We’re on the blueprints right now. We’re going to build a stage and a lighting rig that hopefully will blow people away.”And the real kicker? The sound. It’s going to be bigger and badder than ever! “We actually have a new sound system that’s never been used* that’s coming — a new technology — so everyone in the room can feel the ‘thump,’” Brooks reveals.In short, “It’s gonna be loud,” he says. Details — like dates and an opening band — are still in the works. The icon shares that they’ve had a lot of offers from basically everybody, simply because country music wants Brooks’ tour to be the best.Although this tour is allegedly going to trump anything Brooks has done before, fans can rest easily knowing that the music is still going to be true to his original sound. “We’re Garth. We’re gonna be whatever Garth is,” says the singer.Country fans, get your eardrums (and ear plugs) ready — Brooks is going to blow everyone away with this tour!

Garth Brooks Dishes on 2014 World Tour: 'It's Gonna Be Loud'
    opry051008 likes this.

NEW SINGLE

The live version of ‘The Call’ from*Garth Brooks‘ ‘Live at the Wynn’ performance is his first single since 2008. It’s a duet with his wife*Trisha Yearwood, but their happy marriage doesn’t stand in the way of a heartbreaking performance.

The couple tried cutting the song with a band, but found the acoustic version worked best in the end. It’s difficult to argue. Their voices are pure, and their vulnerability real.

Stylistically the track is unlike most duets. The don’t trade versus or stick to harmonizing during choruses. ‘The Call’ is a throwback to a time when a duet felt like a conversation.“I’m not supposed to call you / I know we both agreed / We said that it was over / And I guess that it should be,” they sing to begin.

Only Brooks’ acoustic keeps this song from being a cappella.The two tell the entire story of their love in less than two-and-a-half minutes, an impressive accomplishment and the sign of a strong song.

“But I’m wishing more than anything / Any second now this phone will ring / But I’m sure you’re not thinking the same thing,” they sing before the final chorus.

Neither singer has lost their sense of abandonment when it comes to throwing every emotion into a performance. It’s not clear what will follow ‘The Call,’ if anything.

Fans should enjoy this moment.

Why Fans Will Love It: Frankly, this couple could have cut ‘Who Let the Dogs Out’ and made fans happy. It’s been a long time, but the ballad does more than just scratch an itch. The unique vocal layering adds drama and depth to a familiar story.

Key Lyrics:*“But I can’t get you off my mind / And I miss you like hell tonight / But I won’t pick up this phone cause I’m not supposed to call you”

Did You Know?: Brooks says he and Yearwood lived this song just before deciding to settle down and marry. “Miss Yearwood and I were in the middle of it in 2002-03,” he says in a recent interview with*CMT. Thankfully someone broke the rules, and made the call.

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, 'The Call' [Listen]

Almost 200,000 copies at No 2. Garth Brooks is going to break the 700,000 copies mark in two weeks at most.

Junior Carrie Follower steven77571's Avatar
    I loved the boxed set, and he is such an amazing singer. My favorite covers he did include Don't Close Your Eyes (Keith Whitley), Bad Company (Bad Company), Hold On, I'm Coming (Sam and Dave), Dotor My Eyes (Jackson Browne), Superstition (Stevie Wonder), White Lightnin' (George Jones), Shout (The Isley Brothers), Who'll Stop the Rain (CCR),
    Unwound (George Strait), Maggie May (Rod Stewart), Life in the Fast Lane (The Eagles), and What I'd Say (Ray Charles).

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast