Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gaycarebear
  • 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By Sofa Critic
  • 3 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Lindi Ortega "Tin Star" Era

Lindi Ortega "Tin Star" Era

After listening to her new album, I felt compelled to share it with you guys. This is one of the many females who is doing great things in the independent world. Her album "Tin Star" (out Oct. 8) is produced by Dave Cobb (Shooter Jennings, Secret Sisters). Several songs take Nashville and Music Row to task, particularly the album's title track. "Lived and Died Alone" is a devastating track. I'll leave it at that. I highly recommend this.

Its always my goal to raise the bar with each record I put out. I have witnessed so much talent living in Nashville that has inspired me to push myself even further, says Ortega. I like to work with different musicians and producers to change the feel of every release. I dont want to risk making the same record over and over. Working with a new group brings a new spirit and new ideas to the music.

Stream here --> Album Stream: Lindi Ortega - Tin Star :: Featured Audio :: Paste
    Farawayhills likes this.

Concert Stars
    I gave it a legitimate try by listening to each song but I wasn't particularly fond of the style. Thanks!
    gaycarebear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    After listening to her new album, I felt compelled to share it with you guys. This is one of the many females who is doing great things in the independent world. Her album "Tin Star" (out Oct. 8) is produced by Dave Cobb (Shooter Jennings, Secret Sisters). Several songs take Nashville and Music Row to task, particularly the album's title track. "Lived and Died Alone" is a devastating track. I'll leave it at that. I highly recommend this.

“It’s always my goal to raise the bar with each record I put out. I have witnessed so much talent living in Nashville that has inspired me to push myself even further,” says Ortega. “I like to work with different musicians and producers to change the feel of every release. I don’t want to risk making the same record over and over. Working with a new group brings a new spirit and new ideas to the music.”

Stream here --> Album Stream: Lindi Ortega - Tin Star :: Featured Audio :: Paste
    This woman is a great new traditional/Americana artist (I know, she's from Toronto). The title track from Tin Star is one of the finest country songs of the year. Even better in this live performance.

Sofa Critic
    Farawayhills likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    She had a guest spot in the first series of "Nashville", as the act who got the bookings that Avery wanted. Although much of her appearance was "talked over" by the actors, you did see her performing in the background, and the camera cut to feature her briefly a couple of times.

I remember, on this board a while ago, one or two people were asking about the term "Southern Gothic". This video is full of Southern Gothic imagery and allusion:

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    She had a guest spot in the first series of "Nashville", as the act who got the bookings that Avery wanted. Although much of her appearance was "talked over" by the actors, you did see her performing in the background, and the camera cut to feature her briefly a couple of times.

I remember, on this board a while ago, one or two people were asking about the term "Southern Gothic". This video is full of Southern Gothic imagery and allusion:
    Good one! I remember playing that once before.

Here's another favourite of mine that definitely says "Southern Gothic". I don't like her makeup, but I learned that it's from the Mexican holiday "Da de Muertos" (Day of the Dead) which recently passed. Lindi's father is of Mexican heritage.

SC

•