Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus - The legendary Bangerz era

Post Miley Cyrus - The legendary Bangerz era

Cannot believe there isn't a thread for Milegend.

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop - YouTube

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube

Don't need to bring up her stats. Y'all know she's smashing everywhere. Just watch the videos and observe the Legend.

On another note, it seems her engagement is off.

Warning the music video(s) posted above has sexual content, and nudity just mentioning it for those who are uncomfortable seeing people naked, and for those who are under age, now I know a bunch of little girls and some little boys ike Miley due to Hannah Montana, but they shouldn't see a person naked for a couple to ten more years. Jmo.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I knew there'd have to have to be something I'd miss out on by avoiding Pop Music - but even the prospect of Miley wearing only a smiley is not going to be enough to change my mind, lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I Used To Like Miley & Her Music But After Seeing That VMA Performance On You Tube & Hearing About The We Can't Stop Music Video I Have Lost All Respect For Her.

I love her. "Wrecking Ball" is such a terrific song.
    ChelslovesBonJovi likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wrecking Ball is brilliant. and Miley got exactly what she wanted out of the VMA performance.
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Now we know what it takes to get a number 1 on iTunes. : (
    pklongbeach and DaisyTweets like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Plus the best song of her career? haha
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Warning the music video(s) posted above has sexual content, and nudity just mentioning it for those who are uncomfortable seeing people naked, and for those who are under age, now I know a bunch of little girls and some little boys ike Miley due to Hannah Montana, but they shouldn't see a person naked for a couple to ten more years. Jmo.
    The little boys and girls (like me) who grew up with the classic television programme Hannah Montana are grown-ups now! I'd dare to say I probably had more guys than Milegend.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I knew there'd have to have to be something I'd miss out on by avoiding Pop Music - but even the prospect of Miley wearing only a smiley is not going to be enough to change my mind, lol
    Milegend is not just about pop music. She IS life.

Quote Originally Posted by carrieismy1idol View Post
    I Used To Like Miley & Her Music But After Seeing That VMA Performance On You Tube & Hearing About The We Can't Stop Music Video I Have Lost All Respect For Her.
    From someone who doesn't know how to use capital letters appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    I love her. "Wrecking Ball" is such a terrific song.
    Going number one on the Hot 100!

Katy who?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Wrecking Ball is brilliant. and Miley got exactly what she wanted out of the VMA performance.
    Becca
    On Chatty Man, the Legend stated that you've done something right when something you did could be talk about three weeks after.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Now we know what it takes to get a number 1 on iTunes. : (
    'And I'll take my clothes off, and it will be shameless, 'cuz everyone knows that's how you got famous.' - 'The Fear', Lily Allen

Huge Carrie Follower NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    From someone who also grew up watching Miley Cyrus on Disney, its sick and nasty and uncalled for. If she wants to be "bad" fine but really? she just looks like an idiot and MOST people agree with me...seriously licking a hammer?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post

Milegend is not just about pop music.
    Agreed (and her daddy isn't just about achy breaky hearts either)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think Miley is actually very talented. I think the Can't Be Tamed era was about breaking away from her Hannah Montana image. I think this era is about finding who she is as an artist. I think she might take it too far sometimes but I also think she is trying to put out good music. Will her "bad image" overshadow the music she is putting out in the long run? Time will tell, but I'm eager to see her grow because I do think she has an appreciation for music with Wrecking Ball the song as well as songs she chooses to cover (look at her Bob Dylan cover as well).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    The little boys and girls (like me) who grew up with the classic television programme Hannah Montana are grown-ups now! I'd dare to say I probably had more guys than Milegend.

Milegend is not just about pop music. She IS life.

From someone who doesn't know how to use capital letters appropriately.

Going number one on the Hot 100!

Katy who?

On Chatty Man, the Legend stated that you've done something right when something you did could be talk about three weeks after.

'And I'll take my clothes off, and it will be shameless, 'cuz everyone knows that's how you got famous.' - 'The Fear', Lily Allen
    "You've done something right when something you did could be talked about for three weeks after", is a trap. And a lie that people who wish to expose themselves tell themselves and the world. There are some pretty terrible and ugly things you can do to yourself to get people to pay attention to you for three weeks.

How frightfully unsettling that she would make that statement and be in that frame of mind.
    I guess public attention is all she has known and all she wants.

But just a gentle reminder to the younger ones, "the idea of something you do being "right" just because people remember you for three weeks, is a lie and a trap. This is how serial killers think".

Concert Stars
    As for "Wrecking Ball", its a great song.

To bad she is not allowing her music to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post
    From someone who also grew up watching Miley Cyrus on Disney, its sick and nasty and uncalled for. If she wants to be "bad" fine but really? she just looks like an idiot and MOST people agree with me...seriously licking a hammer?
    Her bank account says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    I think Miley is actually very talented. I think the Can't Be Tamed era was about breaking away from her Hannah Montana image. I think this era is about finding who she is as an artist. I think she might take it too far sometimes but I also think she is trying to put out good music. Will her "bad image" overshadow the music she is putting out in the long run? Time will tell, but I'm eager to see her grow because I do think she has an appreciation for music with Wrecking Ball the song as well as songs she chooses to cover (look at her Bob Dylan cover as well).
    And the Can't Be Tamed was essential to her to allow her to transform into who she really wants to be. A global superstar. A future legend. It's like Britney Spears with Britney (which underperformed big time), and then In The Zone.

On another note, rumours has it that 'Wrecking Ball' was a Beyonce reject. Oh and of course 'We Can't Stop' was intended for Rihanna, who didn't bother to listen to it after getting 'Pour It Up' from the same songwriter.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    "You've done something right when something you did could be talked about for three weeks after", is a trap. And a lie that people who wish to expose themselves tell themselves and the world. There are some pretty terrible and ugly things you can do to yourself to get people to pay attention to you for three weeks.

How frightfully unsettling that she would make that statement and be in that frame of mind.
    I guess public attention is all she has known and all she wants.

But just a gentle reminder to the younger ones, "the idea of something you do being "right" just because people remember you for three weeks, is a lie and a trap. This is how serial killers think".
    It is 'right' when you are doing what you are supposed to be successfully doing in your position. She is a pop star, her job is to sell her products. Where is 'Wrecking Ball' on iTunes again? Oh wait, number one above Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, and everybody else.

If she just has a lot of people talking about her with no sales at all (eg Rebecca Black with 'Friday') than obviously you're failing and flopping. If not that's actually what a pop star is supposed to do. Be relevant and sell products that way. How do you think Madonna can survive for such a lengthy period of time and earn billions as I type this unnecessarily long post?

'I'm thirsty, let me get some water to drink.' This is how serial killers think.

As for "Wrecking Ball", its a great song.

To bad she is not allowing her music to shine.
    It's shining very bright at the number one position on iTunes. And it's exposed to more than 100 million people within six days. Which song has shined brighter?
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    I know I am not going to win this; If she were allowing her music to speak for itself, Wrecking Ball could very well be smashing because if its own noteworthiness. As long as Miley is showing us her arss and exposing herself while it plays in the background, we will never know....

I know I am not going to win this; If she were allowing her music to speak for itself, Wrecking Ball could very well be smashing because if its own noteworthiness. As long as Miley is showing us her arss and exposing herself while it plays in the background, we will never know....
    'Wrecking Ball' reached number one on iTunes upon an off-cycle release a few weeks ago, and managed to stay in the top tier for the entire time without any airplay or promotion. It's obviously a smash. But radio have only started playing it after the video blows it up to a level nobody can ignore.

And why won't you criticise Justin Timberlake ('Tunnel Vision') and Robin Thicke ('Blurred Lines') for having lots of naked girls in their videos? How about Rihanna with 'Stay' with her naked in a bathtub?

Concert Stars
    Artists like those you mention (men in general) are very smart to show the women as objects that they are observing. Therefore, they do not get their hands dirty. They come off as looking upon others with an aire of aloofness and arogance at others expose.

Miley has chosen to make herself the target of the exploitation. And it is successful if you consider Anna Nicole Smith successful or Maryln Monroe. (and think about those women before you suggest they were successful. Both basically killed themselves from self loathing.)

So success is tricky, yes it is. And you are right to say that as a "pop star" Miley is having success.

But............."Is She Successful??"

Artists like those you mention (men in general) are very smart to show the women as objects that they are observing. Therefore, they do not get their hands dirty. They come off as looking upon others with an aire of aloofness and arogance at others expose.

Miley has chosen to make herself the target of the exploitation. And it is successful if you consider Anna Nicole Smith successful or Maryln Monroe. (and think about those women before you suggest they were successful. Both basically killed themselves from self loathing.)

So success is tricky, yes it is. And you are right to say that as a "pop star" Miley is having success.

But............."Is She Successful??"
    What is she not successful at? She has the best of all worlds. And as long as she hasn't killed herself, you cannot claim that she will. You can very well say the same thing to Madonna who's going to at least live passes 60.

---

And, 'Wrecking Ball' apparently is now blocking Britney Spears's 'Work B!tch' from going number one on iTunes. #MilegendSLAYSall

Spears's last lead single, 'Hold It Against Me', broke the highest female opening record with 411,000 copies sold during its first six days. Her last single, 'Ooh La La', sold less than 100,000 copies in total. Her last successful single, the multi-platinum Top 3 hit 'Scream & Shout', was released last year fourth quarter.

Concert Stars
    I understand.

And you are giving me numbers.

And we all know that sex sells.

And Miley is selling sex (and herself) and she is making lots of money.

..........and she is successful at that...........

But is she successful??

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast