Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By supercarriefan
  • 2 Post By JB172

Thread: Laura Bell Bundy Signs With Big Machine Records

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars

    Laura Bell Bundy Signs With Big Machine Records

    The Big Machine Label Group (BMLG) proudly announces singer, songwriter and entertainer Laura Bell Bundy to the label’s star-studded roster of artists.

    Bundy is currently featured on Rascal Flatts’ LIVE & LOUD TOUR, performing as part of the DANCE YA’LL EXPERIENCE. The summer trek allows Bundy to give fans a first-look at her forthcoming single, “Two Step,” which will officially be available on iTunes July 9 and impact Country radio on August 5.

    CMT and CMT.com will run a 24-hour, exclusive world premiere of the brand new music video for “Two Step” on Thursday (7/4) with subsequent re-airs promoted across all of CMT’s digital platforms and 5.3 million social media fans.

    "I can only be grateful in this moment … for the many relationships, lessons and experiences I've had on Music Row that have led me here and finding a true partner in Big Machine and Scott Borchetta,” said Bundy. “Inspiration and passion breed a crazy sort of jet fuel in myself and those at Big Machine. It drives us to constantly create and work really hard to reach those we are creating for. You can call it ‘synergy’ or even ‘madness’ but I call it ‘home sweet home.’ And I can't stop smiling."

    Big Machine Label Group Announces Laura Bell Bundy » Big Machine Label Group

  • #2
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    I don't see this go around being any different than her first go around, talented but people don't seem all that interested in listening to her.

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Laura's problem is that she is too theatrical for country listeners. She is a wonderful Broadway actress/singer, so I'm not sure why she feels so strongly about pursuing country stardom. Her previous label made a huge mistake by releasing the foolish Giddy On Up as her first single.

    As for her signing with BM, I don't see how the label plans to deal with all the female artists on their label in order to have each be successful. Taylor is obviously going to be fine, but if I were Laura, Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbury, or RaeLynn, I'd be awfully worried about how things might play out. Although, perhaps BM will work their chart 'magic' with each of these women (wink).

  • #4
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Laura's problem is that she is too theatrical for country listeners. She is a wonderful Broadway actress/singer, so I'm not sure why she feels so strongly about pursuing country stardom. Her previous label made a huge mistake by releasing the foolish Giddy On Up as her first single.

    As for her signing with BM, I don't see how the label plans to deal with all the female artists on their label in order to have each be successful. Taylor is obviously going to be fine, but if I were Laura, Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbury, or RaeLynn, I'd be awfully worried about how things might play out. Although, perhaps BM will work their chart 'magic' with each of these women (wink).
    Being too theatrical is exactly what her problem is, she has the total package to succeed with being a beautiful women with a really good voice but she is way to showy for people to want to listen.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,287
    Concert Stars
    Seems SB has a plan...

    “Laura Bell is a fireball of energy and attitude with all the right moves,” said Scott Borchetta, President and CEO of the Big Machine Label Group. “She is a natural to lead the Country Dance Music movement that is starting to blow up and I’m confident we will find great success with her many talents.”

    Big Machine Label Group Signs Laura Bell Bundy : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City


    I agree she way to Broadway for country radio.Everything she did the first time out was over the top.

  • #6
    Junior Carrie Follower jonas_underwood_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    151
    Concert Stars
    I love LBB! I hope things can work out for her!

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,287
    Concert Stars
    Two Step


  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Seems SB has a plan...

    “Laura Bell is a fireball of energy and attitude with all the right moves,” said Scott Borchetta, President and CEO of the Big Machine Label Group. “She is a natural to lead the Country Dance Music movement that is starting to blow up and I’m confident we will find great success with her many talents.”

    Big Machine Label Group Signs Laura Bell Bundy : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City


    I agree she way to Broadway for country radio.Everything she did the first time out was over the top.
    Country Dance Music movement? Oh dear haha.

  • #9
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,323
    Concert Stars
    Here is a perfect example of me wanting a woman to succeed in country radio . . . but I have a hard time with her being the next superstar :/

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Being too theatrical is exactly what her problem is, she has the total package to succeed with being a beautiful women with a really good voice but she is way to showy for people to want to listen.
    My thoughts exactly.

    In a way she reminds me of Megan Hillty and Kristen Chenowenth; two beautiful women with great voices, but they are more suited for Broadway than country or pop.

    I'm actually pretty surprised BM signed her, considering her first shot at country music stardom didn't get her off the ground. and this probably isn't going to fare any better.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 6
      Last Post: 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM
    2. [Feb 17 2013] Boise, ID - Taco Bell Arena
      By opry051008 in forum Concerts & Events: Reviews, Photos & Videos
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 02-19-2013, 06:35 AM
    3. Tim McGraw To Big Machine
      By Cps235 in forum Music
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 05-21-2012, 07:57 PM
    4. Laura Alaina US weely video (carrie mention)
      By bigbluegrl23 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM
    5. Big Machine Records Bribing People for CMT Votes w/Free Downloads!
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •